Sign in to follow this  
phasmid

Urgent ends 31 Dec! ?60 rebate for British Gas customers on benefits.

This website is brilliant. I get a weekly newsletter from it and this was in the one that has just arrived. DLA is included (along with other means tested benefits):

MSE link

Be quick, only two days to claim it. Hope this helps someone.

Edited by phasmid

Cheers Phas,

I think most of us here get DLA and providing they're with scottish/british gas it's worth a call. I will be doing so tomorrow! :thumbs:

Thanks Phas. Will call tomorrow and pass info onto my sister too. :D

Umm, I'm on a card meter, does the rebate still apply???

Edited by Tylers-mum

ive phoned them on the number but its an answer machine so i phoned the number on my gas bill and the lady gave me another number which is 08456032430,thats permanetly engaged,probably us lot from this site :lol:

you can get it if your on a card meter,if you go through the whole post on the link phas gave,it give s you all the details of who's eligible,its strange that they dont need any proof of what benefits you get and they just take your word for it,there are a few phone numbers to ring on there as well,if you ring the main british gas number and ask to apply for your winter rebate they will either do it for you or put you through to the rebate department.

Thanks for that Phasmid,

I eventually got through and will get the 60 quid added to my account :thumbs:

I have to say that no-one at the usual customer service number claimed to know anything about this rebate, I needed to ring the number given on the link,

thanks again,

wac

Have just tried the nimber shown in the first post and couldn't get through. Tried the number on the back of the bill and the bloke knew nothing about this. He did go off and came back with this number to try:

0845 955 5404

And...this lot no nothing either :wallbash:

We got it sorted!

Would have been just my luck to save others money and miss out on it myself.

Mrs P is now doing the rounds of our neighbours to see if they can get it too!

Spread this one people! PLEASE. British Gas are keeping it quiet WE need to pass it on.

I've been trying all mornig to get through and keep getting a recording saying all operators are busier so leave details and will call you back! Hmm, No way am I doing that b/c they won't call! LOL

Tried calling the lastest number from Hev and that's engaged so will keep trying.

Told my sister about this too. Cool!!! :D :D

Well, if I could blooming get through to em that is! LOL

Edited by Tylers-mum

Yes ?60 saved - so grateful Phas :thumbs:

What did you all say when they asked you where did you hear about this?

Was not expecting that one so I quoted the Money Saving forum.

Carole

Thanks Phas. Trying to get through to both numbers and the one you got through on is constantly engaged so I'm trying and trying and trying some more! LOL

Thanks for this info Phas, you are a gem!!! :D

Edited by Tylers-mum

Try the number Hev posted that is the one I got through on. I was on hold for quite sometime but it was worth it :thumbs:

Carole

That is the one I'm trying. That and the one in the OP link. One is engaged all the time (Hev) and the OP one keeps saying leave your details as we are busy!

I am on a mission...I WILL get through damn it!! LOL

I actually got a message telling me to try later but because it did not cut me off and I could still hear therir music I kept holding and they did answer.

Carole

my mum and dad have got it and my ex mother in law too,ive posted it on all the forums i use too!!british gas shouldnt be so sneaky should they :whistle:

yeah i wonder why they kept it so quiet,i hope you get through tylers mum,i was also on a mission!!it was murder getting through though

The woman that I spoke to when I got through said that they had been flat out today..........hmmmm......can't think why :devil:

MUHAHAHAHA :devil:

I have been trying the call centre number since 8:50 this morning - without any joy. I've been cut off a few times :angry: . I've left my details with the automated answer service - no joy. I've sent an email - still no joy.

Well I'm not with BG but i'll let everyone know and i've subscribed to the money saving tips ;)

me too MM ive become addicted to the whole site,ive spent the whole day applying for competitions lol :P