Sign in to follow this  
Oreo Cookie

Don't know what to call this

I don?t like having autism.

People think I am strange and I don?t understand life.

People get angry with me when I don?t understand them. Someone asked me if I know knew the time and I said yes and started to walk away. They got hold of me and said tell me what it is then. I said you didn?t ask what it was only if I knew it. He then said some very nasty and naughty words to me and pushed me over. I broke my arm when I fell and forgot my way home. I did not talk to any one for 3 days and I had to have my arm in plaster but I cut it off as I did not like it touching my skin.

I am scared of lots of things. People say they are silly things but they really scare me.

I hated school as I was different and people forced me to do things.

I had to see a speech therapist who forced me to talk and said if I did not talk they would lock me away.

I had a social worker who said I was attention seeking and just being a silly little child.

I use to get shouted at and hit for lining my toys up and smelling my food before I ate it and eating it in a special order. I don?t like eating any more.

I can?t sleep at night and I burn myself making food. I don?t like going out on my own and I don?t like being home on my own. I like my DVD?s and my computer but then people say I am obsessed. I like fiddling with things when I am scared or I like to look at my flashing lights. People tell me fiddling is rude and I look like a kid.

I like having a hug but not all the time and only with my boyfriend when I am in the right mood. Sometimes he does not understand I need to be on my own and he gets sad.

Now they said, after doing lots of tests that I have autistic spectrum disorder and OCD. They say I have classic autism and I only talk because I was forced to and I have been forced to be normal. If this is normal I don?t want to be normal either.

It has taken 63 minutes to write this and that is a bad because 63 is odd and if you add 6 and 3 together that is 9 which is also odd and bad.

I want my head to have an on and off switch so that I can turn it off when it hurts. It hurts now because of the odd numbers. If brains did have an on and off switch then we would all die if we turned it off as the brain controls the heart and lungs and once they stop you cannot start them again. I said this to my old social worker and she said maybe that is a good thing.

Hello

well done for posting

you are a wonderful person and i am so happy that i have met you

you will always be welcome here

and it was interesting to read a bit about you.

you do not have to worry about anyone being nasty on here

because nasty people are not allowed in this forum

everyone here is very understanding and kind

oreo cookie >:D<<'> well done for writing all that down,it can be good to tell people exactly how you feel and what life is like for you,it must be awful for you to live with your confusion and people trying to make you conform to being "normal",no-one has the right to define normal as it means lots of things to different people,i hope you can find some comfort from talking to the people on this forum,take it a step at a time and dont be rushed,no one can take away your autism but it may help to have a bit of understanding and no expectations on you. >:D<<'>

Hi Oreo >:D<<'>

Life must be very hard for you, there are some nasty people who don't want to try and understand your problems.

you are just as important as anyone else in the world and you should be able to behave how you want.

Thank you for sharing some of your life with us, it gives us an idea of how our kids see their world. You are important to us, you can tell us how to help our kids through some of the problems they have.

We will always be here to give you any support you need, just post how you feel and we will try our best to help you.

Viper.

Thank you for sharing that with us, my son is almost 7 and has Autism and experiences like yours that are explained to me make me realise more and more why the world is such a confusing place for people on the spectrum. I really hope you enjoy being on this forum as experiences like yours can be so valuable to parents and carers of people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders as they are trying to understand and help the people they care for and love. Also seems like you've had a pretty rough deal with the so called 'support' you have been provided with in the past.

Thankyou for sharing your thoughts, it makes me very sad that people have been so cruel to you, . >:D<<'> >:D<<'> ............You will find lots of support on here :wub:

Welcome to the forum. You wrote your post very well, it is good to hear from someone on the spectrum and how they feel. I have a daughter of 9 diagnosed ASD and it is interesting to hear what her world may feel like.

You will find lots of support here. thanks again for your post.

Nikrix >:D<<'>

Thank You for all the replies. I like writing and I have a computer program that write in symbols. I like it because I know I have the right words. I cant make up stories so I write me true stories. My boy friend said I will be the next luke jackson. I don't want to be him he has short hair and puts slime in his hair.

who is luke jackson

and why will you be like him?

Hi Oreo Cookie and welcome to the forum. :) (I too am curious about Oreo Cookies now and will look out for them.)

Thank you for posting so much about yourself. Many of the things you say remind me of the way my daughter feels. She is 16 and is autistic. She had a very difficult time at school trying hard, as you say, to be "normal". She also says that she prefers to write rather than to talk.

Welcome to the forum and I hope you keep posting on here.

I don?t like having autism.

People think I am strange and I don?t understand life.

People get angry with me when I don?t understand them. Someone asked me if I know knew the time and I said yes and started to walk away. They got hold of me and said tell me what it is then. I said you didn?t ask what it was only if I knew it. He then said some very nasty and naughty words to me and pushed me over. I broke my arm when I fell and forgot my way home. I did not talk to any one for 3 days and I had to have my arm in plaster but I cut it off as I did not like it touching my skin.

I am scared of lots of things. People say they are silly things but they really scare me.

I hated school as I was different and people forced me to do things.

I had to see a speech therapist who forced me to talk and said if I did not talk they would lock me away.

I had a social worker who said I was attention seeking and just being a silly little child.

I use to get shouted at and hit for lining my toys up and smelling my food before I ate it and eating it in a special order. I don?t like eating any more.

I can?t sleep at night and I burn myself making food. I don?t like going out on my own and I don?t like being home on my own. I like my DVD?s and my computer but then people say I am obsessed. I like fiddling with things when I am scared or I like to look at my flashing lights. People tell me fiddling is rude and I look like a kid.

I like having a hug but not all the time and only with my boyfriend when I am in the right mood. Sometimes he does not understand I need to be on my own and he gets sad.

Now they said, after doing lots of tests that I have autistic spectrum disorder and OCD. They say I have classic autism and I only talk because I was forced to and I have been forced to be normal. If this is normal I don?t want to be normal either.

It has taken 63 minutes to write this and that is a bad because 63 is odd and if you add 6 and 3 together that is 9 which is also odd and bad.

I want my head to have an on and off switch so that I can turn it off when it hurts. It hurts now because of the odd numbers. If brains did have an on and off switch then we would all die if we turned it off as the brain controls the heart and lungs and once they stop you cannot start them again. I said this to my old social worker and she said maybe that is a good thing.

thanks for telling us that. It was hard work im sure. Nice to meet you.

thank you nellie!

Hi oreo cookie

Be yourself because you are a person in your own right :thumbs: My son who is 18 does not do odd numbers. He will not even own an odd number of DVD's. If anyone gives him onbe as a gift I have to keep it until he can buy another.

Carole

Hi Oreo

You are very brave to come onto a forum and write about yourself.it was an excellent post giving people a great insight into someone elses life.Well Done and welcome to the forum.keep posting you will find loads of support here.

best wishes :)

Oreo cookie,

So glad you posted. It makes me so mad to think that people are telling you how you should and shouldn't feel. You are very special and we are all very glad you have found us. Everyone here is very friendly so i hope you carry on to post here, we are all striving to help our children on the spectrum and you are someone who can help us to understand our wonderful children better, so thank you very much for sharing your feelings.

Love Kirstie.

i think privelage just means that they are very happy to meet you

Oreo.

When Nathan has calmed down from too much change from Christmas and fireworks for new year I will ask him to come and look at your posts especially your question on a webpage.

Nathan is my eldest son.

He also has classical autism.

Nathan also has a severe communication disorder.

He has been beaten up and mugged because he cannot read body language.

He hates school. He prefers being at a special school and refusses to go back to mainstream for education.

He calls his social worker 'elaine the pain' from the Tracy Beaker stories or Claire in the community from radio 4's programme called 'Claire in the community' when he thinks she is being unhelpful and not listening to him.

His speech therapist has always been kind to him and helped him by using photos of things he knew; then symbols then signs and then speech as Nathan prefers to use speech to pecs. Nathan has also 'sacked' speech therapists who 'did not do autism'.

He is nearly 16 and uses computers films and photography to protest and communicate about autism to other people.

Nathan will sometimes communicate on web forums with others who are also autistic.

He finds those with aspergers like Sam and most of the rest of his family too difficult to follow as we use words whereas Nathan prefers pictures to communicate with.

There may be others who are here who are Autistic who do not post often because it takes them so long to type a post. Nathan will read more than he is willing to post on the web as it takes him a long time to type too.

I have a program which writes in pictures then changes it to words and I find that easier. At the moment my head hurts lots so it takes me a long time to do it.

Hi, Oreo Cookie,

I'd like to know what this program is. It might help my daughter too

K

well done Oreo

that looks good

thank you for posting the picture

lil me

I have the program and you can get it from this site

Writing With Symbols 2000

It is excellent but very expensive. Their are some more low coast options that I looked in to and have info on but WWS 2000 was the best for us but your situation may be different. Some schools (both main and special) already use a symbols program. If your kids school does it might be worth getting the same program

If you need any more info PM me

DAS