Sign in to follow this  
lindy-lou

making noises

the last week india has been making a weird noise,sort of like eeeeeeee,i woke up last night and she was sitting on the pc and i heard her doing it then too,it upset me a bit,probably because of the tourettes programme,not that i think she has tourettes but just wondered if anybody elses kids make strange sounds?

All the time, all different pitches, sometimes copied of certain programmes like a noise something else makes, or sometimes just - bluer bluer bluer or eee eee aaaaaaa eeeeeee etc etc . He usually does it more when stressed or excited, I find ear plugs help.

Yep, my son makes noises, I'm not sure I can describe it very well though, he puts his hand on his chin

and grits his teeth and makes a loud hum that starts of medium in tone then gets lower.

Guess I was right, I cant explain it properly :rolleyes:

He also does this when he is jumping from one foot to the other stimming.

But he also just makes the noise on it's own.

Oh, I give up here, I cant explain what I mean. :wallbash:

Sorry

Brook :lol:

Did anyone watch 'Elf' over xmas ?

Our son's latest noise is the long burp from this film :sick:

He's gone back to school today :lol::lol::lol:

I know this will pass in time and he'll go back to the high-pitched squeal that we all know and (don't) love,

wac

I find ear plugs help.

:lol:

as long as i know its a normal part of AS it wont bother me too much,i just hope it stays at home and doesnt carry on into school.

my best friends son had a spell of doing this last year.But there was nothing wrong he has no problems(ASD or otherwise) so it could just be a kid thing.

take care.

my son makes high pitched squeling when hes stressed or excited-i know most kids may do this but it is a constant thing and does stand out .

he also says phrases that have no meaning really,and he wines an awfull lot in a droaning voice which really gets to u after a bit.

he acts daft all the time as well-in a silly way-and will keep it up non stop.

my son makes high pitched squeling when hes stressed or excited-i know most kids may do this but it is a constant thing and does stand out .

he also says phrases that have no meaning really,and he wines an awfull lot in a droaning voice which really gets to u after a bit.

he acts daft all the time as well-in a silly way-and will keep it up non stop.

Rainbow queen,

Are you sure you are not talking about MY son. :D

Brook

Hi,

And my son too!

He always makes odd noises. Sometimes i think it's just "silly kid" noises, and sometimes it's definately his ASD.

I have developed a "selective deafness" to it now :lol:

Loulou x

i dont think my son knows hes doing it -as i can explain it till im blue in the face and he will still carry on doing it.

ive had conversations with him before about him making these noises and it dont register really-he will agree but 10 mins later he will be at it again.

so i just except it now,cause the more i try to control it -he then has a major tantrum,so u get noise what ever u do :lol:

E makes alot of odd noises which mean nothing. He is very loud and will shout out random words for no apparent reason. The word of the moment is ogre. The first thing he does when he wakes up is make random sounds. I don't think he is aware of the fact he is doing it.

Carrie

I had cause to go and speak to my ds teacher at school before christmas, I enquired as to how he was getting on, fine she said but he,s been making turkey noises all day :blink: .At the moment he is running about the house quoting little britain only gay in the village................how I wish he had,nt watched that episode at christmas :crying:

my GF makes funny noises and has not got a clue she does it!

Also she repeats things that i say! if i ask a question sometimes she will just reapeat it to me!! or repeat what i say if she is stressed. Any one else find this??

yes its very common to repeat the last thing you have said

Louis makes high pitched screeching noises, and 'siren' noises (like emergency vehicle sirens) he also occasionally grunts, although seems to 'prefer' to make high pitched Very LOUD noises. I would say 99% of the time, he is not aware he is doing them. however, if we are describing to someone (Doctor for example) what these noises are, he will sometimes 'perform' them.