Sign in to follow this  
baddad

Middle names...

Picked up ben from school today, and this is our conversation on the way home...

Ben: Dad, have i got a middle name?

Me: Course you have... can't you remember it?

Ben: No. I thought I had but couldn't remember...

Me: Oh, Can you remember now?

Ben: No... Is it 'Jammin''?

Me: :wub::lol::lol: . No, that's still your first. Benjamin. Your middle name is *********

Ben: Oh, Of course!! I couldn't remember!! See, we were doing this thing in class, and you had to say your middle name. I couldn't remember mine, so i said i couldn't but i could remember what you called me when i was a baby 'cos you were telling me the other week.

Me: Oh, right...

Ben: So Mrs ****** said, 'and what was that'? So i said "Sausageman!!!"...............

We were both laughing so hard we nearly got run over! He said the other kids ROARED (but in a good way)...

Can't remember WHY he was 'sausage man' but the rocking to sleep song went:

Sausage man

Sausage man

He's my little sausage man

Catch a sausage if you can

pop him in the frying pan

cook him up until he's Bran (brown)

'Cos he's a little sausage man... :wub::wub:

Sorry - i really must get an early night... losing it bigtime!

L&P

BD :D (and sausage man) :george:

Eldest was splot bot - I will leave you all to work out why :lol:

Middle son was Papadom - No idea why :wacko:

And Youngest was Baba Lamb and if he EVER finds out that I posted that here I am soooo DEAD :fight: He hates it.

When he was coming out of the anasetic after having some teeth extracted in hospital the nurse smiled at him and said hello Baba - he lost it completely and demanded to know what I had been telling her :o It certainly meant he came to quickly :lol:

You can tell that I am a highly intellectual person from the pet names I chose :P

Carole

Hi flutter -

good to see you posting. Hows that next folder going??

Toad, dumplin' and gertie... They're good 'uns...

Ben's other one was 'bushmeat', 'cos he looked like a little skinned spider-monkey :D

"Is it Jammi??" :lol::lol::rolleyes::wub:

Little monkey was called .............. Erm, little monkey. One week after learning to walk i found him walking along the mantlepiece....... :o ....... and then sliding down the banisters .......... and climbing UP curtains :huh:

Also known as Mikey-Moos (He hates that one :rolleyes: ). And ticketydown...... named by my big bruv, who swears there was a song out that went 'Ticketydown, ticketydown, ticketydown, Mikey'.

We can't even get away with 'Mikey' now - 'Mummy, my name is Michael' :fight::rolleyes:

My daughter was "toes" and "toesy" when she was a baby, and it was also "shnooks" for a while. My son was (and still is occeasionally) Boo. When he was younger he was "The Official Boy" this became "Official" and eventually shorthened to "Fish" - which has stuck! :huh:

Why do we give them perfectly good names then change them? :lol: L actually gets really agitated when her dad or I call her by her real name rather than one of the pet names we normally use. She explains "If you call me L***** it means you're cross with me". It's interesting that she has absorbed this as a universal rule and is unable to take account of the context or the tone of voice which might suggest otherwise. Only those outside the family can use her real name.

I call my son monster, obviously in a caring and loving sort of way :lol::lol: I always collect him from nursery or mum's and say hi monster have you had a good day. Thought it might sound a bit off when I was collecting him from nursery and changed it to hi pal, have you had a good day, he turned round in front of his SEN and 2 other nursery teachers and said no mummy, not pal, MONSTER. So I've reverted back, but I'm the only one allowed to call him it.

my eldest charlotte was always called larly,katie my 2nd always gets called tattie bogle and india amongst a few choice others gets called indy windy woo woo :wub:

:lol: They're all great. My eldest son was chickenpie and baby Aiden is son-beam, poor Lew got the rubbish one although sometimes he gets honey-bee. I love it, my dad used to call me Kirstie-bell so i think the pet name thing has passed on to me too!

Sorry, this is soooo tragic...my eldest son was 'Cherry-pie'!! :lol::lol::o

My others were: Becky-Boo, Meggy-Peggy or Meggle-Peggle, and Domi-Dumpling!

Oh, and for years I was 'Bodge' when I was little...

None of mine are as imaginative as all of you guys! :lol::wub:

Bid :)

My Mikey always got Spike as his hair gets a spike at the back, so we got Spikey Mikey :lol: He dislikes and we try not to call him it, he doesn't mind Spike, just not Spikey Mikey

Youngest has been Tank for a long time, he's built like one and acts like one. He's 5 this week but 4ft3 at last measuring and in a size 2 shoes and 6 stone, that explains the Tank.

Both always been my angels. Before Tank was so big he was Angel Mouse, just doesn't seem to suit him now.

Edited by lil_me

Hi,

I've always called Kai "pickles" and he still answers to it now (he is 7). Earlier, he heard me call my boyfriend "honey" on the phone. Kai said, "Why did you call F honey? Is it because you love him?" :wub: . Bless.

Loulou x

My parents are boring. They just called me by my name. I HATE it when my mum callsme darling, as I don't know which darling she is referring to - me, my brother, or the cat.

:lol: ................love these :thumbs: , I have a cacky jacky, a maddog mendosa, and a fandango fatpants.

:lol::lol::lol: i love it, fandango fatpants :lol::lol::lol: although i did know a Jackie (ex-sis-in-law who was gettin jiggy with My ex (lews dad) on my time :o ) who would call herself Cacky to the wee ones, cacky is the word :lol::lol: (in her case ) :P

He's Monkey Boy or The Boy

My mum used to call me Spadge n my sister called me Sputnik