Sign in to follow this  
baileyj

It doesn't rain, it pours

Right now, everything seems to be awful.

Our neighbours (we live in a semi) are building an extension, they call it a conservatory, but its going to have a brick wall 3 meters long, blocking the light to our lounge. Weve objected, but planners are basically saying tough. Neighbour gonna do the extension himself, so it will be evenings and weekends all through the spring/summer. The noise and distruption is going to freak Max (5) out.

Had a letter today from school, starting in a weeks time they are refurbing nursery and 2 reception classrooms, which means they are all moving into the school hall for 5 weeks, even having to go in through a different door. So Max's nice safe familiar school environment is going to totally change. While its going on they are going to combine the 2 reception classes, so Max is going to be in a school hall in a class of 50+ children...omg. Then when he returns to his class its going to be totally different.

Work is massive pressure right now, I am working flat out and very stressed anyway.

Do you ever feel like it all comes at once?

And soon it will be statement review time, so will have to go through all that again, and I bet they will try and reduce Max's 20 hours 1:1, so more fighting.

I feel absolutely worn out and fed up and just wish it would all stop. Max himself doing ok at the moment, accept for he's learnt to kick push and hit lately which is challenging to say the least.

Sometime I feel like life is just one great big battle, its never easy and never straight forward. Someone up their must really hate me.

Sorry for moaning on, but I really needed to tell someone.

Jo

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Sorry things are so tough at the moment.

I think someone up there really loves you ..... he has given you one of his most precious gifts to care for: a disabled child ..... he knows you are strong enough.

Can you turn the whole construction experience into an interest? Get him to find out about how things are built, bricks and mortar, the equipment used ...... make it fun so that he can wake up every day and look forward to the next stage of the construction work. We did this when we were having our extension built and since then Martin has coped with the neighbour's home-built monstrosity (sorry that should read conservatory :devil:) and the school rebuilding project.

Hope this helps,

Daisy

Edited by DaisyProudfoot

Thanks Daisy, I never thought of that, time to dig out the Bob the Builder kit then, its a really good idea.

Thanks for answering, it helps that someone cares :)

Jo

Hi

read your post and really feel for you.

Don't have any advice but wanted to let you know that Im sending you cyber strength!

Hope everything sorts and settles. >:D<<'>

F

Yes, I have been feeling like that lately. I thank God for this forum because you can get some really good advice... daisyproudfoot has got a really good point in making it a fun experience.

Good old BOB - hope things work out for and try and take time out for yourself. I know easier said than done.

justamom

My son went through rebuilding works with his school and had to have lessons in an annex - he was really upset about it. However he finally said that he wanted a desk and chair like his classroom desks and chairs (different furniture in the annex) - this was done and then he was as happy as a sandboy ...

May be an idea to run this past your school :unsure: - identify a chair/desk that is his in the classroom and then a social story to say that, although he's not in the classromm, he's still a part of the same class as he's got the chair/desk to prove it?

Guest hallyscomet

Hi Jo,

I agree with all the above, just sending you some of these, >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> and read my signature

Regards

Hailey

Hi Bailyj

Big >:D<<'> to you. My son has just started the kicking/pushing and hitting. I am nearly always called in after school to be told of his latest antics, they now phone me at home to tell me when he has done something'naughty' at school.

I think that making it a game like someone above mentioned seems like a great idea.....being a newbie it is something i certainly wouldnt have thought of....roll on the parent training courses and then hopefully i will have some useful advice.

Good luck with your little one.