Tylers-mum

T had his first friend round after school today.

It went well I think! LOL/

T being T didn't understand that you cannot play on the playstation alone and expect a friend to just sit there and watch! LOL I explained that he needed to do something together but he wanted none of the suggestions I gave, just wanted to play on his playstation. Finally managed to get them to put his train track together and they played with that. :)

A lot of shouting from T and 'Noooo, don't do that'! LOL but this lil girl was an angel. I have NEVER met such a polite lil 6yr old like her. She was sooo patient with T and it was great to see. :) Bless her! :crying:

They had tea and then I took her home round 5pm.

Her mother said T could go over in '10 sleeps' (T talk! LOL) for tea.

Shall I warn her now?? :lol:

Bit apprehensive about letting him go as he's hard work and she has 3 kids too. He'll be HARD!!!

I think I'll pull her aside before that day to let her know about him and his dx. Bet she'll change her mind then! LOL :whistle:

Keegan does the same if somebody comes round, he tends to leave them alone while he continues to do his normal routine. I have to constantly remind him that he cannot stay on the ps2 or pc without asking his friend to join in, but most of the time its him on the pc and he forgets to give them a go....

Its wonderful that he and you had a good time. Hopefully the mom will not change her mind once you explain Tyler dx to her but fore warning her is a good idea I done that and the mom's say he was such an angel..

goodluck

justamom

T's Mum, that's lovely :thumbs:

You mustn't worry about him going to others for tea, though I'm sure you will anyway :P It'll be good experience for him and you.

I remember the first time Luke went out for tea, he was about 5, I explained to the other mum that he couldn't speak and would have difficulty understanding what she said to him but that he could understand very basic language. She seemed ok with it. When I went to collect him it was to discover that he'd thrown a snooker ball (they had a pool table in their dining room) accross the room, it had bounced off the table and cracked their window :oops: The window was double glazed and would have cost a fortune to repair. Luckily they were insured and wouldn't take a penny off me. If I'd known they had a pool table I would have told her to hide the balls!! I was utterly mortified but they were really lovely about it and were very understanding.

Let us know how he gets on.

Lauren

Have to agree with that. My dd thinks it's OK to sit at the computer and let others watch her :) She has been invited round to play at other childrens houses and I have had to mention potential problems, its not fair otherwise. I mentioned her epilepsy to one particular mum and she told me she wouldn't really be comfortable having her round :(

im glad it went well,im sure the mum will be ok once you explain,it is lovely to see our kids playing with other kids,i used to be a nervous wreck with steven as i just knew something would happen,most of the time it went well though,just me worrying

Tylers-mum,

Bless him, :wub:

My son would never play the ps2 or any games like that if he has someone round, many a time I have

suggested a two player game, he immediately tenses up and says 'no', then he told me that he'd scream

if he lost, so to save himself he point blank refused. :wub:

Hope T has a nice time when he visits the little girl, my son has never been to visit anyone without me,

so I know you'll be a bit nervy.

Brook

Glad it went so well TM. We had a successful play date this week too - I've stopped inviting boys round because there's too much testosterone in the air and I can guarantee meltdowns and arguments when they come. J's got an attachment to a lovely girl in his class (book the church, buy the hat sort of thing) and she's incredibly patient and tolerant with him, loves to play Robot Wars and whatever he wants on the computer. That's half the battle, and once she's doing something that fits with J's major interest at the time I can persuade him to share and take turns much easier. Never get any of that with boys visiting! He's also been to tea at her house as well - fortunately the parents are incredibly understanding and their two older girls (one at secondary) help out if J gets hyper.

Hope it goes well when T goes to his friend's for tea. Sounds promising!

Karen

x

aw bet she wont. Sounds like my tom and his pal, tom sits there at puter, or p/station whichever takes his fancy and friend sits watching giving advice and bieng told to be quiet you fool. Theyve been friends for 6 years and i cant see it changing. when T goes to his house, J does exactly the same lol.

bless :D