~Jonathan~

Henry

Mum bought a Henry vacuum cleaner the other day and I keep chatting away to it, I guess because it has eyes and a smiley 'face'.

i love those henry hoovers,next one i get is going to be one,would be very nice to have a smiley face in my house for a change :lol::lol:

I just went next door (he's currently in Mum's room propped against the wall) and said hello and checked on him. 'He' makes me smile :D

my hubby says i have 2 obesssions one of themis hoover (next on list is a henry), which never gets packed away and every body trips over (hubby kick his toe on it in the middle of the night and all i heard were a few choice words coming out of his mouth, he said his little toe was looking straight up at him) and this forum...

I love this forum :wub: And all the people on it, without whom my life would be a complete and utter mess.

I have a Dyson, had it for years but I'm not friends with it at the moment because I plugged it in and nearly electrocuted myself....there was a massive bang from the plug, flames, smoke, a scorching smell from the wallpaper and a very shocked Daisy.

Cut off the dead wire, changed the plug and it's fine now.

You know, I hate electrocuting myself, the first time it was with a kettle and I ended up with a black hand and in hospital on one of those cardio machines. Daisy and electrics do not go together.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Daisy >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

We had a short circuit and a power cut a few Sundays ago. It's just as well that we live next door to an electrician :D

I've never really thought about my vacuum cleaner as something I would have a relationship with :blink: It's a dyson with lots of mysterious attachments so I will give it some thought :lol: On the subject of special household appliances, I absolutely love the bin in my kitchen. It's one of those where you press the lid and it springs up; call me weird, but for a while I liked my kitchen bin better than Terry. :robot:

i have a dyson but we fallen out at moment as its not picking up that well,had it good few years now so a little henry is due!

i also have a lovely kitchen bin lauren but the 2nd day i had it my lovely 2 year snapped the springy lid bit off,i was not amused as i have few joys in life and getting that bin was one of them :crying::crying:

Guest hallyscomet

>:D<<'> Daisy >:D<<'>

There was an incident on the news not sure where,but the Electrician worked 20 years as an Electrician and never got electrocuted,but one dayhe was up a telegraph pole, and got electrocuted notby the wires but can you believe it, he got struck by lightning while he was on the pole. Amazingly he survived. :o:unsure:

You know, I hate electrocuting myself, the first time it was with a kettle and I ended up with a black hand and in hospital on one of those cardio machines. Daisy and electrics do not go together.

:lol: Daisy, I'm sorry to laugh at your misfortune, but the way you have written this is so funny! How many times have you electrocuted yourself???

:lol: Daisy, I'm sorry to laugh at your misfortune, but the way you have written this is so funny! How many times have you electrocuted yourself???

Well now:

Kettles: on numerous occasions, especially those new-fangled ones which are cordless, I'm forever spilling water on the hotplate bit at work and giving myself a shock. Nothing as bad as the first time.

Lawnmower: I managed to cut through the lawnmower wire with a pair of shears - luckily hubbs had the circuit-breaker on so he didn't get electrocuted, but I got a shock!

Lightbulbs: You don't want to know how many times I've left the power on when changing a lightbulb and got the odd surge!

Plugs: well, all I can say is it's a good job I've got fast reactions!

Now, before any of you electrical chaps say "sounds like your wiring" I would just like to add that this doesn't necessarily occur in the same place!

I also give other people static shocks all the time.

The first time I ended up in hospital with the black hand the doctors couldn't work out why I had an entrance hole where the electricity had entered my body but no exit hole ... and I still survived. :D

You see...Daisy and electrics don't go together!

Bloomin ector mate! I'd start wearing rubber boots if I were you!

I regularly get little sparks off the car & quite often give people little shocks (never feel anything myself, but you know what they say - where there's no sense there's no feeling! :D ) but I've certainly not had as many shocks as you!

Go steady if you ever work in an office with wheely chairs. The temptation is to tap away at your keyboard, whiz across the floor on your chair for a file, whiz back and tap away again. All the time building static. It is quite funny tho when you then touch somebody.

I'm not sounding like a very nice person here am I? Laughing at your misfortune and chuckling when I give other people little shocks.

I'm not horrible really!!! :D

:( I need a new hoover, we only have carpets upstairs so I bought a cheapy one, and its CACK !!

I'm thinking of a new Dyson, had one when they first came out and didn't like it.

In fact funny story goes with that, at the time my partner was a sound and lighting techie, there was some flashy do at a big manor and he was hoovering the stage with the bosses Dyson. Some random gent in a suit came over and asked what he thought of them. He was less than impressed with ours so came out with 'It's a load of **** I have one at home, why do you ask, thinking of buying one ? Because I wouldn't again' The guy replies 'No I invented them, sorry to hear you aren't happy with yours' and walked off :lol: He had a look on the internet when he got home. The guy was definately James Dyson. :whistle: Well at least he got an honest opinion.

Edited by lil_me

lil me :lol::lol::lol::thumbs: to your hubby!

This could be a new theme, insulting famous people.

When I got married, many moons ago, we had our reception at a hotel in Newcastle. Late in to the evening we were all sitting in the hotel bar having a drink (like you do) when suddenly hoads of people came in. One minute there was just wedding guests, then the next there were all these glamorous looking women and lots of men that looked like bouncers. Some of them came and squashed next to us and I asked the man nearest to me where they'd all come from. He told me that they'd just come back from an Alexander O'neil concert, that Alexander O'neil was staying at the hotel and all the people in the bar were groupies hoping to party with him.

A while later there were a group of men and women sort of milling around, and every time someone from my wedding party went to get a drink they would try and pinch the seat (anyone from Newcastle will know that this is a huge :shame: in Geordie land... You can die for pinching someones seat or spilling their pint in Newcastle). Their was one particular couple who I exchanged a few heated words with over this... and at the end I said in a rather loud voice 'Who the hell is Alexander O'neil anyway?'... At this, the rather glamorous black guy who'd been sitting next to me got up and stalked off and announced he was 'getting outa here'. One of the 'groupies' burst in to tears and they all accused me of ruining their night :o (er excuse me whose wedding was it??). The guy who'd stalked off was in fact the famous??? Alexander O'neil. He was very offended that I hadn't heard of him. Not offended enough to come down later and sing songs to us at the piano until 4am :thumbs:

Lauren

Alexander O'Neill played at Brannigans here in Reading a few years back :)

My mum has a Henry. It was in the cellar when it flooded. We looked down there and poor Henry was bobbing up and down in the water. Still works though. I'd recommend a Henry.

We borrowed the mother in law's Dyson when our hoover broke. It sucked up the dirt well, but it pulled all the carpet tiles off the kitchen floor! It was also extremely heavy.

Bought a DC07 Animal today ?149 from B&Q, the newer version is the DC14 and was ?299.99 so I think we got a good buy. But yes they are extremely powerful, my lil old DC01 wasn't prefect but would lift carpets that weren't fastened down with lots of carpet tacks. Waiting for my DP to come home and build it. Just noticed there is a pic of the very guy he insultd on the box :lol:

George is one of Henry's friends, he's a 3 in 1 http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B...9309280-1367840

Multitasking - Can't be male, must be Georgina in disguise.

Charles, another multi tasker http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B...9309280-1367840

There is a James aswell

Edited by lil_me

Mum bought a Henry vacuum cleaner the other day and I keep chatting away to it, I guess because it has eyes and a smiley 'face'.

im a jonathon 2 you know