witsend

confession time

Hi posted at new year re giving up the fags and was doing really well 'til last week when various things added to too much wine sent me back to the evil weed!! Just back to smoking again full time, feel really cross with myself and like a total failure! :(

Just wanted to make a public confession in the hope it will be good for my soul!! :D

luv Witsend.

Hi Witsend,

Don't be too hard on yourself :shame: . I've given up quite a few times over the years, but everytime the stress got to me too :( .

You'll do it when you're ready.

Annie

>:D<<'>

At least you tried which is more than i can say,being off the cigs for that long has got to be better than having not done it,so well done!!my mum gave up for 12 weeks and has just started again too :( stress gets the better of us sometimes dont worry >:D<<'>

i'm a non smoker and am very impressed that you tried...

Dont beat yourself up because from what i have heard/witnessed from my mom that's its a nasty habit to kick. I can only relate to someone telling me to give up chocolate!! not easy i tell you i have to have my fix.

good luck

justamom

I'm a non-smoker but i turn to the evil weed in times of extreme stress - i'm currently bingeing on chocolate as my form of self-destructive therapy instead. So i can't get my jeans on without most of me bulging out the top. yum.

what a picture.

:crying:

polkadotty

I think it has been said you will try several times to give up the fags before you do it for good. |You are enroute to stopping so don't feel bad. It's hard, i've tried too, and i will do it........when i'm ready! :(

witsend, you and me both :(

I spoke to my friend the other night and she told me that I haven't failed, I've 'relapsed'.

So witsend, don't beat yourself up over it, you've merely had a relapse, and you'll be back on track soon. :thumbs:

And so will I, after the weekend, maybe Monday :wub::oops:

Lauren

You haven't failed. You lasted nearly three months without ciggies which is no mean achievement, when you are ready you will do even better.

www.quitnet.com is well worth a visit.

I gave up LOADS of times before I stayed quit, but it's been nearly three years now.

Don't give up giving up!

Simon

My husband gave up smoking 17 years ago.Hed tried a couple of times before that and failed.Then one day he just said no more and stoped.Never smoked againe.

We all have our vices though when stressed.Im like polkodotty i hit the chocalate bars when im stressed or feeling down.When youre fed up you cant beat a massive bar of fruite and nut to turn youre mood around.

Aww, thanks you lot, I will try and give up again soon I hope but not gonna worry about it too much for now, to many other things to stress over :D as usual!

Luv Witsend.

I gave up smoking a year and half ago :clap: and people still cant believe i done it bearing in mind that i have tried giving up on and off for 10 years and failed miserable everytime you have just got to keep trying and one day it will just be the right time, i tried every thing (patches, tablets, puffer,chewing gum ) in the end it was willpower and a brilliant book that was my saviour (allen carrs easy way to give up smoking) it just explains it so brilliantly and you can smoke while reading the book so the pressure is off. hope that helps :):)

jayne xx