CarerQuie

Health setback.

I posted back in January about my 10 year old who had been in Hospital for 2 weeks with Stevens Johnson syndrome.He hasn't been well for a while so I've taken him to the GP and he has had a relapse.

Apparently,we need to treat his recovery rather like someone who has had glandular fever and he has to avoid overdoing things for some months.The GP has suggested we go back to part time schooling for the time being.Arrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggg.

He did also say that my son may be prone to depression as a consequence of being low physically.I know I feel depressed at seeing him so weak.

On a positive note,at least he isn't in Hospital and the school finally seem to understand.xx

>:D<<'> hope he feels better very fast!

You must be feeling low ? It really takes it out of me just seeing my kids unwell.

Have lots of these >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

redberry

I didnt know what stevens johnson syndrome was so ive looked it up on the internett.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hope hes better soon.

Steven Johnsons syndrome is not very nice for your child. As they have said take it easy and part time schooling should help.

In our area we have James Brindley schools which are hospital schools but also have children who have been excluded from school or children where the normal school environment is just too much for them. They are an excellent resorce. Phone your LEA and find out what is available

Jen