Sign in to follow this  
justamom

Whats for dinner (tea)??

The dreaded question:- Whats for dinner (tea) Mom???? I hate having to think up new recipes for dinner we have the same old same old. K is so fussy so I end up making 2 different meals a night.

What are you having for dinner tonight???

Justamom

Well.............I'm going out tonight because it's our anniversary ....... 22 years :D So it's a veggie curry for me and hubbs.

The younger kids have tea up at my mums and the older kids usually grab something out of the freezer.

Only 2 different teas? You lucky thing. Here it's usually 3 - one for Com, one for Dot and one for Zem (1 AS, 2 bowel problems and 3 fussy eaters). I do all the cooking and usually I'll share the one I like most, but when things are bad I won't eat at all.

Luckily Com has recently discovered a love of morroccan tagines, which both he and Z like, so tonight is going to be a 2mealer :dance: with Dot having tuna and rice. I'll probably have a mix of all the leftovers :sick: (tuna and tagine/curry just don't mix, but I can't stand wasting food).

Daisy - Happy anniversary :clap: and if you haven't tried the channa puri, do. If it's not too oily it's usually a wonderful starter!

Edited by littlenemo

:D ..........I normally do two different meals to cater for the fussy one, but tonight I can,t be ar*ed so were having a KFC as they will all eat that.I,ll probably skip it though and have a salad later after my yoga class :lol: .

im just gonna quickly fry some mince and plonk some potato on top,i do not feel like delia smith today :lol:

Im doing braising steak in onion gravey,mash potatoes and yorkshire puddings plus cabbage and brocolli.

Ive to do all the cooking in my house as me husband cant make nothing.My sisters husband on the other hand does all the domestic stuff.

22 years :D congratualtions. Ive just celebrated our 17 wedding aniversary but weve been together 20 years.We keep saying wed have got less time for murder.

Luckily i don't have to cook different meals, my 2 are very good eaters!

For a change though will be cooking something nice n easy for them then we will have a meal together on our own. We do this every now and then, just nice to eat a meal without telling them off!

Anyway we will be having a chicken and mushroom crepe for starters, then i will bake a seabass and do some veg and then some profiteroles for pud...YUM YUM!!

Congrats on 22 yrs together!

At the moment, nothing. I've run out of cash, thought I'd scrounged some off my husband this morning and he's forgotten to leave it. Could head over to the bank, or to the supermarket with the one credit card that I have that I can only remember my pin number on on a good day, (and today isn't a good day), but I've been waiting all day for an important phone call, and the answer machines broken so sod's law I'll miss the message. Tried ringing husband to bring something with him on his way home but his mobile is switched off.

So what's for tea is one of life's little mysteries at the moment. :D

Sue

At moments like that when ive nothing for tea i find the words "sh*t with sugar on" come in very handy.Its a saying ive used for a long time when folks are moaning whats for tea !!!!!!!!!! :P

I gonna use that saying Paula it brill I can just imagine my kids when they say what for tea and i give them that reply...

You have all made me hungry so tonight its a roast chicken and veggies that way i know they will ALL eat it...

justamom

Sue

At moments like that when ive nothing for tea i find the words "sh*t with sugar on" come in very handy.Its a saying ive used for a long time when folks are moaning whats for tea !!!!!!!!!! :P

I had to dash to the school to pick son up, rant at daughter who was staying on to go to a science competition but wasn't being supervised from when school finished til they leave to go to competition, and was just wandering out of school (would rant at school but we're banned from seeing HT without CoG present because we wrote to the governors to ask them to review an attendance policy, so getting annoyed will probably get me arrested :lol::lol: ).

Finally got hold of my husband, was asking him to get stuff for tea, then suddenly realised that there was complete silence and I was talking to myself (so whats new :lol: ) and then phone went dead.

He's just rung back and what's for tea will be...... oven fish and chips, which I hate. But I'm past caring. And I still haven't had the phone call. :lol:

Hope you all have a lovely tea. :D

Sue

when i lived at home my mum u se to say the same as u but with dogs d**** and b******s on th end she's mental but then again with us 7 kids what do u expect

I've got a pasta sauce on now - tomatoes, garlic, courgettes and I think I'll put some mushrooms in. GF pasta and, a treat for me, some gluten-filled pasta. I won't be able to move later.

Lasagne and brocolli, followed by yoghurts for the children.

Chicken in red wine, baby bakers and mini sweetcorn for us. Sounds great, huh? Well, actually, it's one of those frozen ones 'cos I'm the world's worst cook!

I can never cook the same thing for the boys and us. There's always someone protesting and with my youngest (9, HFA) just getting food into him is the real challenge! He's one of the smallest in his year group, despite initial predictions on the growth chart that he'd get to 6'6". His weight and height are falling below the bottom line on the chart now and he's been on and off the "failure to thrive" investigations for years. I keep telling him that if he'd eat properly he'd be a big boy like his siblings. He disagrees. But what do I know?? :)

How did your t go JAM???

Well it was the 1st time i have ever cooked fresh fish, and it turned out lovely :dance: Nicely accompanied with a glass of vino :wacko: