Suze

help me with a fashion crisis

skinny jeans...........yes or no..?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. fashion statement or disaster?

• yes
    • no

Well off I toddled to my local shopping centre today, popped into my fave USA store GIP....(name changed in case they take offence to this poll :D ).I needed some new Jeans so a very helpful young boy :rolleyes: helped me get some pairs in my size.Some time later I,m stood in the changing room having terrible teen flash backs(vomiting "pernod and black "all over my mums cream bathroom carpet :sick: )............wearing a pair of drainpipes ( actually called skinny leg fit this time round):o ..................yep 37 years old and I can remember the trend first time round.Now the problem is (hence the poll)...........at 37 is one too old???..............Kate Moss gets away with it..........Elle Mcpherson.............they actually looked o.k :whistle: ............but amI gonna laughed out of the playground by the younger trendy mums :unsure: ..........should I stick to the usual "boy fit"..baggy ones..........decisions decisions :rolleyes: is this the start of my mid-life crisis :tearful:

Go for it Suze :thumbs: .

I still like Pernod :rolleyes: . I've got three bottles of the stuff in the cupboard. Trouble is one glass of it nowadays and I'm :drunk: . Just as well I hardly ever drink.

:D

Suze

If youve got the figure for it bloomeing go for it and wear what the hell you like.

Im 37 and i still feel and look young.Hell 30 is the new twenty and 40 the new 30 i think.

My "midlife crisis" started 12 months ago.I got 7 tatoos done in quick succesion thought why the hell not.If i cant do it now when can i do it.

I hate the steriotypical frumpy mum image portrayed by the media and cozey magazenes.Were not all sat knitting and baking cakes.

I dont think ill ever be ready for tan tights and elasticated waistes or god forbid comfy sensable shoes.

I would say definately NO NO NO.

Nobody looks good in skinny jeans, I don't even think Kate Moss looks good in them. If you are slim they make you look too skinny, or if you're like me, and have skinny legs and a fat bum they make you look like a potato on sticks.

I hate them and was pleased to read somewhere the other day that they are going to die out pretty quickly.

Lauren

Have to add, though I'm sure you won't be laughed at Suze :whistle:

Edited by Lauren

I dont wear skinny jeans because they dont suite me but if they suite you why not wear them.My daughter loves her skinny jeans and she looks bloomeing ggod in them.Shes 14 though 5ft 6 and a size 8 I hate her guts :lol::lol:

Personally i prefer to wear ultra low rise boot cut jeans with a touch of elastic in them.Only problem is though that when you sit down if yer top isnt long enough youre backside hangs out.

I think Kate Moss looks fantastic in her skinny jeans as do larger women.Its knowing how to wear them what type of footwear and top ect that makes a difference as to weather you can pull it of or not.

Everyone to their own. The reason I don't like them is that they remind me of leggings :sick: Maybe if I was a size 8 I'd think differently. Come to think of it though, when they were in fashion in the 80's I was a size 8 and didn't suit them then either.

Hope you're not offended by my earlier response Suze :unsure:

Lauren

you go for it girl!!!! who gives a damn what anyone else thinks, if everyone's opinions were the same we'd all end up looking, sounding and thinking the same, how dull!!

my mum's the same age as madonna, has had 3 kids and still looks as fab in skintight jeans as she did first time round in the eighties!!! her figure's better than mine :angry::lol:

if you've got it flaunt it! if you haven't flaunt it anyway- you only live once!!!

no brainer -

If they REALLY catch on, you won't be able to find baggy ones anymore and you will have the decision made for you. In the meantime, just stick with the ones you like best, 'cos the fact you can still buy them in GYP means they're still 'OK' to wear.

Easy, isn't it! Don't know why you girls have such a problem!!

L&P

'Stray'dad ;):D

We have a problem because were always thinking does our bum look big in this.

Plus unlike men women have to endure comments of mutton dressed as lamb and god who does she think she is the old bag type of thing.

men dont have to put up with this.There distinguished if older greyer and wrinkleier.

I have the solution.

If you dither for another couple of days they'll be out of fashion so you won't want to wear them anyway.

Karen (45 and baggy combats)

x

My bum is too curvy for skinny jeans! :crying:

Mind you, I lurve my bootcuts, so I'm praying they don't go out of fashion :pray: And if you wear them with heels they make your legs look endless! :clap::devil:

Bid :)

I don't like skinny jeans on me - I find a bit of width helps to balance out the hips. But I'd say go for it Suze, wear what the heck you like and what makes you feel good. :)

As it happens, today I went to a certain accessory shop usually frequented by 12 year olds, and bought ten things for a fiver - loads of earrings, necklaces, bracelets and a great belt, so I'm happy. :D

You're never too old. :thumbs:

suze got to agree if you've got the bod for them wear them. If I tell you my nick-name was tree trunks at school you will realise that skinny jeans and myself will never be in the same room :)

:dance::dance: SUZE

after seeing u in person there is no way u actually look 37-i thought u was alot younger than that-i think u look like a trendy mum -so if it feels right just go for it. :P love marie xxx

:D .............thankyou marie :lol: ...........yes I,m that old :whistle: ............thankyou for all your messages................on closer reflection I think skinny jeans would just have needed too many accessories to get the right look..........new boots, tops :rolleyes: etc.........I,ll go with the old "boy fit" jeans,addidas trainers and t-shirt ensemble thats done me proud these last 10 yrs, Suzex.

We have a problem because were always thinking does our bum look big in this.

Plus unlike men women have to endure comments of mutton dressed as lamb and god who does she think she is the old bag type of thing.

men dont have to put up with this.There distinguished if older greyer and wrinkleier.

Yes, but only if they're good looking, older greyer and wrinklier, and we don't have the 'support networks' like max factor, once-a-week dye and dries, tummy-trimmer knickers and push 'em up bras...

What a drag it is getting old.... :D:D

Hiya Suze........I like the Bootcut meself....I'm what I would describe as 5ft and curvy ...... I think you need long legs to wear skinny fit jeans really and I'll never have them.........unlike my daughter who is just plain gorgeous ..gggrrrrrr.

I remember when the only way you could get skin tight jeans was to sit in a VERY HOT bath to get them to shrink onto you, then I used to bleach them and wear them out naturally............now it's all done for you, complete with splashes of paint judging by the latest ones in Tesco :lol:

He is very distinguished ;)

Great personality, funny.........oops, sorry wandered off a bit there, we were talking about Badders, weren't we? :devil: .

A little clue - he doesn't look anything like his Avatar ;)

Great personality, funny.........oops, sorry wandered off a bit there, we were talking about Badders, weren't we? :devil: .

A little clue - he doesn't look anything like his Avatar ;)

I always imagined our JT to have red hair and green eyes!!!!!!

Hold on, hold on.... 'Very distinguished'??? Looking back at Paula's definition: When men get old grey and wrinkly they get called distinguished...

So: Very distiguished translates as VERY old, VERY grey and VERY wrinkly!!!!!!!!!! Where's the 'huff' emoticon???

I don't come here to be insulted... ;)

I'll have you know I can still fit into my wedding dress (whoops - bit of a give away, and who said 'you must have been a ******* fat bride then'???)

Seriously, I think I've been sipping too fast, and better bow out now, befour i strt tipping my worms wrong :lol::lol::lol:

L&P

The very distinguished

BD :D

Tut, tut, Annie... :shame:

Remember what he told you to post...

'Baddad has great looks, wit, charisma, sex appeal and charm...'

Have I got that right?? :devil::devil:

Bid :D

(of course, it's all true, he is a bit of a heart-throb!! ;) )

...............and so generous. The amount of money he paid us to say those things was :o:devil:

He's lovely ;) .

Us girls were our usual quiet, shy selves,, weren't we Bid?

:D

Of course...not a giggle or a squeal from any of us! :o:lol:;)

We were all dumbstruck by the Badster's afore-mentioned charms :clap:

Now Phas, on the other hand... :devil::shame: You can't take him anywhere! :shame:

Bid :devil:

(He really is lovely ;) )

We were all dumbstruck by the Badster's afore-mentioned charms :clap:

Oh absolutely - I concur one hundred percent, very extinguished is our BD (although you really need to ditch the wedding dress, dear - white just ISNT your colour :o )

As for the rest of em Phas, Annie, Bid - it's true - they're all so quiet and shy, getting together with 'em is like being at a convention for retired librarians.

:devil::devil::devil:;)

K x

:o .............when all you "mods".........are having your frothy coffee/croissant breaks in the old staffroom............what on earth do you get up too????..............I,m for peeping through the key hole, like we used to dare one another to do at school...............simple fact is I think a lot of stroking goes on :o ...........of ego-es that is...............head boy "NEMO"needs to fashion a bugging device so we can eaves drop..................."cor you look lovely in that.. and not a grey hair in sight, of course your piercing red hair and green eyes compliment the paisley shirt , and those platforms really work , no one would dream your only 5ft 3"..............."now then who fancies a hob nob?"...................this is,nt the bat cave is it.........and who deferred from the original thread...............have you all posted a vote???...........I,m off back to GIP today :D

No one in there right mind would wear tummy controll knickers there so old fashioned.

I dont do full make up never wear foundation.But i love my mascara and eyemakeup and lip gloss.

Ive just discovered this last month clinique products and ive been doing the 3 step twice a day routine.I tell you my skin has never looked so bloomeing ggod.Not a wrinkle not a blemish glowing.Even my daughter commented.

Its expensive stuff though ?12 a pop for the toner in a small bottle but you only need small amounts.I got some of that turnaround facial stuff also thats a godsend.

Im a clinique convert but wont be telling my hubby the cost of his new improoved wife.

Some things men dont need to know.

I always knock at leat a fiver of the price of everything i buy. Sometimes a tenner.

:lol: ..............no I,ve not succumbed to control pants either........nor a spray tanning booth.............I have how ever, bought a teeth bleaching kit :lol: ...........too much coffee........red wine....chocolate........now the beauty products I part cash with are the ones that smell like you can eat them.........good old origins.......so yummy you can spread it on toast.

:lol: ..............no I,ve not succumbed to control pants either........nor a spray tanning booth.............I have how ever, bought a teeth bleaching kit :lol: ...........too much coffee........red wine....chocolate........now the beauty products I part cash with are the ones that smell like you can eat them.........good old origins.......so yummy you can spread it on toast.

We sopend too much tima and money in Lush, well worth a visit if there is one in your area. It's run by the man who was responsible for all those wacky fruity Body Shop products using melon and bannana and mangoes and all sorts of other fruits in their glory years.

Simon

I definately wouldn't succumb to scary pants either. It would mean I'd given up on my diet :P I still dream that in 3 months time I'll be a size 10 again (trouble is I've dreaming that for the past 2 years, didn't have a weight problem until then, now I seem to be stuck at a certain level that no amount of dieting seems to shift. Maybe I should start moving again :lol:

Lauren

I bought a teeth whitening kit too.

But i got fed up with sitting with the gum shield thing in me mouth.You cant talk !!!!!!!!!!!! for 15 minutes.

I used to diet like mad in the quest to maintaine a size 10 figure god it was a paine.I spent all me time watching the calories and denying me self food.For what i was too thin and fealt hungry all the time.

Then when i turned 30 i realise dhell fire ive been dieting and stuff since i was 15 15 ###### years of it.Im sick of it !!!!!!!!!!

So now i eat what the hell i like and sod it ive even been known to shove 8 sugars in a cappucino plus stuff me face with a choclate crossont.Weird thing is i only gained a stone inweight over 7 years and went to a size 12.Im now leveled out.Plus im happy coz i aint always hungry.

As women we put far too much pressure on ouselves to look slim but what is slim.You used to be classed as slim if you were under a size 16 now i go in shops and a size 14 is classed as outsized its ###### madness.

I see women so ###### thin they look like there starving to death.I blame the media magazenes and the obsession with ultra skinny minies from america or ones attached to footballers.

I bet in real life they look ###### awfull all skin and bones.No wonder they need boob jobs hell most cant even fill a paire of jeans.

You be happy lauren.I am finaly with my weight.

:o .............when all you "mods".........are having your frothy coffee/croissant breaks in the old staffroom............what on earth do you get up too????..............I,m for peeping through the key hole, like we used to dare one another to do at school...............simple fact is I think a lot of stroking goes on :o ...........of ego-es that is...............head boy "NEMO"needs to fashion a bugging device so we can eaves drop..................."cor you look lovely in that.. and not a grey hair in sight, of course your piercing red hair and green eyes compliment the paisley shirt , and those platforms really work , no one would dream your only 5ft 3"..............."now then who fancies a hob nob?"...................this is,nt the bat cave is it.........and who deferred from the original thread...............have you all posted a vote???...........I,m off back to GIP today :D

Suze,

What did we get up to?

Well....

:devil::devil:

I'd love to tell, but unfortunately we've just sold all photos and exclusive rights to HELLO!

Bummer, hey. :wacko:

Sorry!

:P;)

K x

No - I'm for making a quick profit...

Tell you what, for the highest buidder, we'll even throw in a tub of Annie's home made hummus...

For the lowest bidder, we'll throw in two :devil::devil::devil::devil:

seriously, as hummus goes, I'm assured it was divine. It's just me who dun't like hummus!

And wheres that sausage you promised??????

;)