Hectorshouse

Something nice to share

i've just published this on my bloggy but I couldn't wait for anyone to go there so I'm putting it here as well ...

The school report arrived ... and with a slight sense of dread I opened it ... only to be totally shocked by the completely different child that was written about in comparison to his school report from Cornwall.

Overall it is a FANTASTICALLY SUPERB REPORT !

Now that is something that I didn't think I would ever be able to write, that is if I had believed those alleged professionals that worked with T in the past ....

4 subjects graded his effort as GOOD

3 subjects graded his effort as EXCELLENT

2 subjects graded his effort as ADEQUATE

2 subjects graded his effort as CAUSING CONCERN

He recently gained a level 6 in his science SATS as well !!! :dance:

and this was a child that they could only cope with in school part-time a year ago, it just goes to show that in the right environment with the right teachers (ASD aware that is) our children can not only survive but flourish. I am soooooooo proud of T, he is going from strength to strength, he is having guitar lessons again at school as well, something he couldn't do in Cornwall, and tonight in a very creative moment he came rushing down for a pen (something that he would never have done before even picking up a pen would?ve caused a meltdown) to write down some chords that he had put together for a tune that he had just created!! Who say's that ASD children don't have creative imaginations ... I'm damn sure my little Aspie would dispute that, he might not understand abstract speech or thought but give that boy a guitar and the whole world is his stage :thumbs:

I've just had a performance of said tune .... and it was ABSOLUTELY FAB!!!

I'm a proud mum with a lump in my throat, Pascal (a really good friend and muscian) will be coming around soon and I can?t wait for him to bring his guitar and jam with Toby!

Edited by Hectorshouse

:notworthy::notworthy: Well done T! :notworthy::notworthy:

Me bags the first (ok second) copy of his hit album when it comes out :lol:

Seriously though I bet you're dead chuffed HH, and rightly so. I remember the last report Phas Jr got pre dx - when we were mid dx process. It made us feel sick inside. The first one post dx was a different story where allowances were starting to show. That's a nice moment - enjoy!

:thumbs: Well done T, the teachers and support help but you obviously worked really hard as well. :thumbs:

HH, you must be so relieved and proud of him. I'm so pleased that the right support is in place for him to flourish and that all your hard work is paying off.

thank you everyone ... its just soooo fab when things like this happen, after the bleak and very dark days of a year ago this is like our very own spring in our house with T.

With all that said though, I still don't relax totally with the school, and do still have occassional gripes with them though, but on the whole it is a HUGE improvement of provision, but I keep my eye very close on whats going on, and the LEA even more so .... vigilance and tenacity!

When it gets soo tiring fighting all the fights, its these precious moments that make it all worth while, and it is thanks to places like these that we have achieved sooooo much, krism gave the confidence and knowledge to fight the good fight, thank you krismites and thank you T for being the wonderful human being that you are.

HHxx

Suze your spot on ... the move though traumatic initially has been the best thing I did for both my boys, its a shame my relationship with long suffering one didn't make it though, but hey thats life, and as long as I have my boys I know we will always be OK.

HHxx

I had a lump in my throat reading that!! :crying:

I am sooooo chuffed to beans for you both. Weldone HH for helping your son get what he deserves in school and weldone to Toby for putitng in all the hard work!!!

Way to go kiddo!!! :groupwave:

Hectorhouse that is fantastic. He is definately in the right environment.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Jen

These are the chords that T was playing ... I can't describe the rythm and this will do as a copywright of his tune ....

DSW4 /// A /// DM7 /// DSW4 /// E

T has just told me that the / means a strum ... if that helps ...

it is a work in progress .. his words not mine.

Awww bless ... HHxx

HH I am so pleased for you both. You must be so proud and well done to T :clap::clap: You are right about this site. You are the one that rescued me from the TES site when I felt I was hitting my head against a brick wall. It has been the best and has been very moving sharing yours and T's experiences.

Oh, HH...it's the best feeling in the world when things finally turn around for your child!!

Well done all of you! :clap:

Bid >:D<<'>

HH, it's lovely when something good happens. You must be very proud. Well done to T :thumbs:

Lauren

HH that's really fantastic news - what a turnaround, and so deserved after all you've been through and fought for. :dance::thumbs:

I hope it goes on getting better and better for T. :)

K x

Guest hallyscomet

Hi HH

That school report is glowing, you must be soooo happy and proud, no wonder you have a lump in your throat :wub:

You boy is happy and glowing too and that is showing in his guitar music >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Congratulations

Hailey :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Edited by hallyscomet