SkyBlue

Now a daddy!

Hey,

I thought i'd tell you all a little more about Scott, the member of my family with ASD. He is 18 years old and recently he became a dad... :wacko:

We were completely shocked by this - I mean we were shocked when he came home and said he had a girlfriend - he has never really had many friends, especially any female friends. We were happy for him and the family made every effort to welcome her into the hubbub of the household. Well as these things do it seemed to fizzle out and Scott didn't really seem too fussed by this.

You can imagine what a shock it was 3 months after they split up that the ex girlfriend (NT) turned up with a baby girl in her arms :blink:

As you can imagine the reaction was one of utter confusion, mayhem and shock. I have never seen his mum so stuck for words, which i'm sure a lot of you can understand her feelings! We never thought he would have children, let alone at 18.

Well the story is a happy tale i am glad to say - baby is now 7 months old, Scott and ex-girlfriend are back together. Baby and girlfriend live at their house every weekend, and Scott even is capable of looking after baby himself now. It is sooooo touching to see, i have never seen him show emotion of any sort before but with his daughter he is utterly besotted. He adores her. It is beautiful.

So it just goes to show that you never know what is round the corner, nor how things will turn out!

:D

Edited by SkyBlue

skyblue

Welcome to the forum.

Thank you for sharing that. It's lovely to hear of people with ASD leading relatively normal lives.

Has it changed him at all? I'm sure it has.

Lauren

Hehe thanks, yes we have an unexpected little bundle of joy in the family. And a right little bundle of joy she is too - she's absolutely gorgeous!!

The nicest thing has been talking to Scotts mum about it though - she didn't ever in a million years expect to become a Grandmother by Scott. It was something she thought she would never experience with him, that really upset her when in the past. Now however - all smiles!

Although as Scott is well aware of the importance of practising safe sex, they were a little disappointed in that sense, but not much you can say when there is a 3 month old lying in her daddy's arms is there?!!

skyblue

Welcome to the forum.

Thank you for sharing that. It's lovely to hear of people with ASD leading relatively normal lives.

Has it changed him at all? I'm sure it has.

Lauren

hi Lauren, it has changed him entirely when his daughter is around - he is calm, attentive and shows he loves her. Something he has never done before emotionally. He has always been a generous boy in the sense he'd share anything he owned with anyone but he was extremely emotionally retentive. Now he openly tells baby he loves her, that shes 'daddy's little princess', all the usual! It is so heartwarming!

He is also showing signs of thinking of the future too which is different from before, in the past it has seemed as if he wasn't aware there was a tomorrow coming, in the sense he would make no provision for it. Now however, he has started a 'piggy bank' for baby! In this he puts half of his weekly wages aside in a savings account for her, so she can hopefully "go to private school"! :D

how nice to hear this,congrats on becoming grandparents,truly glad your son is happy in his role of father :)

Sounds like everythings turned out ok. It is so true you never know whats round the corner, but it doesn't mean it can't work out. Really wish Scott and his little family the very best for the future >:D<<'>

Edited by lil_me

Guest hallyscomet

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

Some friends of ours had a surprise like this too with their daughter, this is five years down the track now for them and they married last year and they are very happy with another one on the way.

They both look so happy, the wedding was very emotional, he sang a song to her the one from "Notting Hill" movie. "When you say nothing at all" Incredible voice, and his father and brother played guitar in the background, his family are very musical.

Congratulations to you all >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hailey

:D oh lovely, hope it all turns out well for all of them >:D<<'>

Thanks everyone for your well wishes. It is certainly sweet having a baby around the house! The little one makes me extremely broody!

Lindy-lou - just to let you know Scott is my partners brother, not my son. I'm only 20 so no kiddies for me just yet lol! Although I guess as this story shows, you don't know in this day and age!! :D

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

Some friends of ours had a surprise like this too with their daughter, this is five years down the track now for them and they married last year and they are very happy with another one on the way.

They both look so happy, the wedding was very emotional, he sang a song to her the one from "Notting Hill" movie. "When you say nothing at all" Incredible voice, and his father and brother played guitar in the background, his family are very musical.

Congratulations to you all >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hailey

Hi Hailey,

Arr thats really sweet - i love that song & film too! I am glad everything turned out so well - perhaps Scott and his girlfriend will end up as your friends' children did. It is nice to hear some fairytale reality stories :wub:

Thanks a lot,

Niki

Hi and congratulation what a lovely news very encouraging for my son future too......

..... as he always say he will never get a wife as he does not know how :blink: but never mind he says as if I am not around anymore he will order pizzas. Then he mumble "I like pizzas anyway" :huh: but I would not be so surprise as many girls keep embarassing him :wub: telling him that he is very cute....and he is only 8 years old.

Thanks for sharing. >:D<<'> :)

Malika.

>:D<<'> :D

Thankyou for shareing that.

I read it with a tear in my eye and a warm fealing in my heart.

Its made me realise not to right of a future i think my As son will never have.

Anything and everything is possible.

Thanks everyone - i thought it was worth sharing because I am sure amny of you have had similar feelings regarding your children. It must be upsetting as a parent to think that your beautiful children will never experience at first hand the joy that you yourselves have experienced through having them. It does go to show that anything is possible and that ASD children, just like any others, are full of surprises in every form!

I wish you and all your little ones all the best >:D<<'>

Niki

editted to remove typo's!

Edited by SkyBlue