adamsmum

My little mans in hospital

adamsmum,so glad he at home with you,i cant stand it when my kids are ill,let us know how he is when you can love hev

Little man is now able to drink and not be sick. He is refusing to drink enything other then milk the follow on sort. if i offer eny thing els he will scream for hrs. He has the runs so this is a real concern. Im watering the milk down so i hope that will help. He cryed all day yesterday but is a bit better this morning and is now sat nibbeling on a rusk.

Little man is now able to drink and not be sick. He is refusing to drink enything other then milk the follow on sort. if i offer eny thing els he will scream for hrs. He has the runs so this is a real concern. Im watering the milk down so i hope that will help. He cryed all day yesterday but is a bit better this morning and is now sat nibbeling on a rusk.

Hi Adamsmum,

Hope he's a little better now this afternoon. With not taking any fluids - I know that my daughter ended up several times in hospital due to dehydration. I can remember one GP saying that even if you can get them to take a couple of spoonfuls of water/juice etc off a medicine spoon (or syringe) - that could be enough to stop them being admitted. Needless to say my daughter didn't always take it off the spoon either as she's terrible taking medicines and thought it was the same - but it may be worth a go if he'll do it - I also used to water her milk down as much as I could get away with as I was also told that milk is more of a food than fluid.

Take care,

Jb

Edited by jb1964

glad to hear he's starting to eat again. Always positive.

If his tummy's a bit off still it may be worth trying him on soya milk for a while. We used this when my eldest was a baby and caught salmonela at his childminders! :o It sorted him out soon enough. :D