Sign in to follow this  
fiorelli

update on father-in-law

As some may remember from earlier posts, my father-in-law (step-F-I-L really, but he's been married to hubby's mum since hubby was very little) was diagnosed with Lung Cancer at the end part of last year. He was given a prognosis of 6 months to 2 years.

We found out at the beginning of this year that he had developed Cancer in his shoulder, and in his lymph nodes, and had tumours on other organs.

He had a brain scan a few weeks ago, and has just had the results back. He now has a brain tumour :tearful: . He is having steroids to try and help. He has been told he is not to drive.

Both FIL and MIL have decided NOT to ask the docs how long he has left, and are living day-to-day. It looks more and more likely that he is not going to survive much longer. Each time we see them FIL looks more ill. He still has his sense of humour, and is not giving in, but he is remarkably at ease with what is happening to him.

I know it sounds horrible, but, if the inevitable is to happen this year, I pray it happens when MIL's sisters are here (One lives in Montreal, Canada, and the other in Tasmania, Australia - they are both over for a ,month/six weeks for their dad's 90th birthday in June) so as MIL has got some family support close by.

Please put them both in your prayers.

Thank you.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Enjoy this time however long spent with youre father in law.It will be a time youll look back upon and treasure.

My grandma died 3 years ago her final months were some of the best we spent.Talking chatting and opening up to each other.

>:D<<'>

So sorry to hear of your sad news. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Can only add whats been previously said, enjoy whatever time you have left.

My hubby's dad died of lung cancer and kept it quiet. No one knew and hubby only found out on day of his mumss funeral, when doc was called because hubby's dad unwell. Doc told them. The entire family were devastated and so wish he had told them. Left with many regrets. Unfortunately he passed away very quickly, within 10 days of family finding out. I know my hubby would of much preferred to have known, although I do think his dad was only trying to protect them all :tearful:

My heart goes out to you and your family >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Debs x

Its a tough time for you all Fiorelli, my best friends brother who we grew up with had lung cancer. Its a nasty disease and i hope he passes peaceful...

All the best to you and the family!!!

Justamom

Fiorelli,

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I'm glad your father in law is peaceful - my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

K x

Hi Fiorelli, So so sorry to hear your sad news, cancer is a terrible illness, my dad had lung cancer, its very painful to witness someone you love suffer so much, you all will be in my thoughts and my prayers, :pray::pray: Lizzie xxx

I am so sorry Fiorelli >:D<<'> we are going through the same thing at the mo, hubbys step dad was diagnosed with lung cancer last year aswell he had part of lung removed then 12 weeks of chemo which finished 3 weeks ago he then went for scan and it has gone to his glands, kidneys, bones, lungs, throat they have told him he has 3 to 9 months to live but he is so upbeat that it isnt going to beat him and he was advice by the cancer unit to eat certain foods and drinks only as it would help ease the pain of his throat and help with the feeling of well being, anyway he is on some herbal tea and he says he is feeling great and his throat doesnt hurt at all Take Care

jayne xx