Sign in to follow this  
baddad

it's 6 o'clock, so heres the QUIZZZZZZ

Ooher missus, don't quite know how this'll go down: too many questions and it'll get boring, not enough and it's not worth doing! How does 30 grab you?

Just a quick point, but from now on (unless it's a special occasion!) the quizzes are just for fun... The 'piccie' comps were supposed to be a one off (well, two off, if you want to get pedantic!), and though it was nice having prizes they've just installed CCTV in the town centre which makes smash and grab a bit too risky... apart from which, what do you think I am? Made of bricks? ;):D:P

So. The Rules: No Internet searches. No 'phone a friend', No Encyclopaedia Brittany...

Most of them are easy peasy anyway, and it sort of does away with the FUN, so if you don't know the answer, give us a laugh and have a GUESS!!

Send your answer sheets to BD via the PM system, and he'll say who came out tops on (or around?) Wednesday evening...

NB: If I get NO responses, I'll not do the word search or crossword that've been requested, but probably will post a regular 'captions' compo ('cos it involves no effort on my part!!

Happy comping, campers, and I WOULD strongly recommend you crack open a bottle or can to keep the whole 'pub quiz' feel going, though I'll not be held responsible for any pork-scratching induced tooth breakages or unwanted pregnancies resulting from loss of inhibitions... if you can't be good, BE CAREFUL.... ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q1: (Right, as it was her idea, first question comes from Sallya)...

WHAT WAS JOHN LENNON'S MIDDLE NAME?

Q2: LIVERPOOL POET ROGER McGOUGH WAS ALSO ONE THIRD OF WHICH FAMOUS COMEDY SINGING TRIO?

Q3: WHICH FORUM MODERATOR WAS RECENTLY INVOLVED IN A FAMILY SCANDAL INVOLVING EGGS AND A PARKED CAR?

Q4: (This one provided by Little Nemo)...

WHOSE ARCH-ENEMIES WERE A FROG, HIS CATERPILLAR AND A CROW?

Q5: IN 'THE STRANGE CASE OF THE END OF CIVILISATION AS WE KNOW IT' JOHN CLEESE PLAYED THE ROLE OF (A) SHERLOCK HOLMES. WHO PLAYED WATSON?

Q6; WHICH MOD'S GLITTERING CAREER AS A PHYSICIST WAS TRAGICALLY CURTAILED FOLLOWING A TERRIBLE GENE-SPLICING ACCIDENT INVOLVING A TELEPORTATION POD AND AN UNANTICIPATED, MULTI-LEGGED INTERLOPER?

Q7: (Provided by Suze, Who's still yearning for a return ticket to 1985!)...

ROLAND ORLAZABEL ACHIEVED FAME AS HALF OF WHICH 80's POP DUO?

Q8: IF EDMUND SENT BALDRICK TO BUY A CORNISH PASTY, WHO'S SHOP WOULD BALDRICK HEAD FOR?

Q9: (Connections round 1): WHAT IS THE LINK BETWEEN POST PUNK POSEUR ADAM ANT, ALL ACTION HERO ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER AND BARONESS HADEN-GUEST OF SALING IN ESSEX?

Q10: WHICH DANCER TURNED SINGER ONCE LOST HER HEART TO A STARSHIP TROUPER?

Q11: WHICH 'BIGHEADED' MOD IS THE INVENTOR OF THE 'TRUMP-O-MATIC?

Q12: (Submitted by Lauren)...

WHAT IS 'YORKSHIRE FOG'?

Q13: WHO DIDN'T LIKE GREEN EGGS AND HAM?

Q14: WHAT IS A 'LADY'S FINGER'?

Q15: WHO WAS ATTACKED WHILE DRESSED AS A GLAZED HAM, AND RESCUED BY BOO RADLEY?

Q16: WHICH MOD RECENTLY CELEBRATED 'THE BIG FOUR-OH' WITH A TATTOO AND A NEW HAIR COLOUR?

Q17: (Connections round 2): WHAT IS THE CONNECTION BETWEEN WALT DISNEY, FUTURAMA'S 'FRY' AND WOODY ALLEN?

Q18: WHAT IS THE NAME OF STEVE MARTIN'S DOG IN THE FILM 'THE JERK'?

Q19: (Provided by Kathryn)...

IF YOU WERE AFFLICTED WITH TRISKAIDEKAPHOBIA WHAT WOULD BE YOUR PROBLEM?

Q20: IN OSCAR WILDE'S 'THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING EARNEST' WHICH CHARACTER UTTERS THE IMMORTAL LINE ?A HAND-BAG??

Q21: WHICH ONE TIME CORONATION STREET CAST MEMBER APPEARED IN THE ORIGINAL STAGE PRODUCTION OF BRAHM STOKER'S 'DRACULA'?

Q22: WHICH MOD IS MOST LIKELY TO OWN A 'QUIVER', AND HAVE A GOOD STOCK OF VENISON IN THE FREEZER?

Q23: 'AUSTIN POWERS ? GOLDMEMBER' FEATURES AN IN-MOVIE-MOVIE-SEQUENCE BASED ON AUSTIN'S LIFE. WHICH ACTOR IS PLAYING THE AUSTIN ROLE, AND WHAT IS THE MOVIES TITLE?

Q24: (Provided by Annie)...

WHAT IS THE NAME OF FATHER TED CRILLY'S HOUSEKEEPER? (you'll know that one, oh you will, you will, you will...)

Q25: (Connections round 3): CAN YOU GET TO SPRINGFIELD FROM DIBLEY IN JUST 4 STEPS?

Q26: WHICH CABBAGE-COLOURED MOD HELPED LUKE TO 'FEEL THE FORCE'?

Q27: IN 'TOMKINSON'S SCHOOL DAYS' (Ripping Yarns) WHAT STROKE OF LUCK DID YOUNG TOMKINSON ENJOY ONLY 5 WEEKS IN TO THE NEW TERM?

Q28: WHICH PAIR OF GLAM ROCKERS PRODUCED LOU REED'S 'TRANSFORMER' ALBUM?

Q29: (Courtesy of Daisy P.)...

WHICH PROGRAMME WON BEST SINGLE DOCUMENTARY IN THE RECENT TV BAFTAS?

Q30: (Provided by Boho Bid)... WHICH SPACE ROCKING UBER-BAND FEATURED FOR SEVERAL YEARS AN ON-STAGE EXOTIC DANCER NAMED STACIA?

AND, THE FINAL QUESTION... A MULTI PART TIE-BREAKER 'JUST IN CASE'...

YOU'LL NEED ALL FOUR PARTS TO EARN A 10 POINT BONUS...

According to the Gospels of the new testament on the feeding of the multitude:

a) How many Loaves and fishes were divided?

B) How many did they feed?

c)What were their names?

d) Who complained that his stickleback was 'raw in the middle' and that his crouton was 'swimming in olive oil'?

-------------------------------------------------

Have fun, compers!

l8rs

BD :D

:blink: who said that was easy?>???? we had fun although we had meltdown moods to cope with half way through. are drinks been served afterwards. ?? Mine is a huge (bottle) of anything !!

Love you all

shaz :whistle:

I still want to know "who put the 'bop' in the bop de bop de bop..."

That was going to be my first question, except the word is 'bomp' :shame: . Shame on you Phas ;)

Answers sent :dance: .

That wasn't a pub quiz - not like our local's, anyway. We get questions like "Who rode the winner of the 1926 Derby?" and "What is element 87 in the Periodic table". So thanks BD for not making me feel like a complete failure. :notworthy:

You can hear the brains ticking away here :dance:

Oh and the red wine is open :blink:

Wicked idea to have a pub quiz, well done mods

>:D<<'>

Sarah

I canne do it captin..... I don have the powerrrrrrrr! :crying:

So far - i think i may possible have about 8.........ish.......... :wacko:

(and i keep singing the theme tune to number 4................. Haven't even started drinking yet! :D )

.........if anyones going to the bar, can i have a baileys and nibbles :pray: . Ta xx

at this point we have a tie for 1st place with annie/nemo each on 15...

so, suze, if you've got 18 RIGHT answers you're well in the lead!!

(Mind you we've gotta wait 2 days for the late'uns!)

:D

Oh, and i DID think about 'who put the wop in the wop de wop de wop', but couldn't find a definitive answer (it couldn't be the songwriter, else he wouldn't be asking!) AND was it the same person who put the ram in the ramalamadingdong, or is that just a filthy rumour??

Nemo., your answer to 13 was spot on - both of them!! :lol::lol:

Nemo., your answer to 13 was spot on - both of them!! :lol::lol:

University Challenge here I come :lol:

Thanks BD for making the 3rd Reason To Be Cheerful for today -

Bonzos Live DVD arrived, along with the largest fractal celtic knot in the world (and I get to colour it in :thumbs: ) and now I done good in a quiz! :o

I shall be whistling 'Mr. Apollo' for a week! :rolleyes:

And a little hint for Q. 20 - it wasn't John "I'm free!" Inman (from Are You Being Served?) ;)

p.s. Annie :notworthy: - i bet my answers for the tie-break were more broken than yours!

Edited by littlenemo

thanks, nemo... always a pleasure, never.......

Bonzo's live CD... how' s the fanzine going? Keep your crayons sharp, and happy coulouring :thumbs:

**UPDATE**

We now have a tri-tie : Lauren's on 15 too (though she did miss out question 30 and answer 31 instead, so if she notices she might pip you yet!) ;)

I want to know if we are going to be getting a 'Best of the worst' answers post on this naming and shaming me...I mean members for their terrible lack of general knowledge - or worse still, my their rotten attempts at humour?

We get questions like "Who rode the winner of the 1926 Derby?" and "What is element 87 in the Periodic table".

They are far too easy.

1. The jockey

2. Having studied it for at least 10 seconds I think it may be tomato ketchup.

:o:o:o

We have a new leader on the board

:o:o:o

with 15 AND A HALF!!! (q23, BTW)......

Sarah 666

I wouldn't dream of naming and shaming, phas... honest injun ;)

I want to know if we are going to be getting a 'Best of the worst' answers post on this naming and shaming me...I mean members for their terrible lack of general knowledge - or worse still, my their rotten attempts at humour?

Isn't that the point of the whole thing? :lol:

how' s the fanzine going?

Starting work on issue 2 next week - got loads of never before heard tracks by Mr. S! :dance: All sorts of fruitbats are crawling out of the woodwork now we've stuck our heads over the parapets (to totally scramble a metaphor :wacko: )

Come on folks, surely someone can get more than half right?! (Too slow - well done sarah 666! :notworthy:)

Edited by littlenemo

All sorts of fruitbats are crawling out of the woodwork now we've stuck our heads over the parapets...

Have you been talking to Annie and Suze??? If you haven'e, i guess you will be now :lol::lol::lol:

Issue number 2: Codename 'Com'??? :lol::lol:

I think you'll find that's element 57. :lol:

Surely they were that cr*p band from the IOW with the bass player who they wouldn't let have a go on lead?

(and don't call me Shirley)

I still want to know "who put the 'bop' in the bop de bop de bop..."

:dance::dance::dance:

oh if only phas had asked little old long sufferring me i could have told him it was barry mann but then he ho .......... by the way i got most of his answers (the right ones)! :jester::jester::jester:

it goes on though doesn't it? something like who put the wotsitcalled in the ramalangadingdong?

????????? :rolleyes:

I'm feeling guilty now...

Lauren sneaked back in with the CORRECT answer to her missed q30, which TECHNICALLY puts her in the lead... HOWEVER, I've now added a new rule that answer sheets can only be submitted ONCE (so fill 'em in carefully folks!), though have conceded HALF a point because the new rule came into being AFTER lauren had sent me her revised answer...

So we now have lauren AND sarah on 15 and a half, though in the event of no one bettering that score the FIRST COMPLETE answer (Sarah's), would scoop the prize..... If there was one... which there isn't... :(:P

Remember, it's not about winning (a prize ;) ) - It's about taking part....

:D

BD

I'm only getting about 9. There's a definite 'older person' bias, that must be why.

B)

:o:o:o 'Older person'????????

Here's a question specially for you, Delia... complete this well known phrase from an Emily Lloyd movie depicting the formative years of 'Madame Sin' Cynthia Payne... UP YOUR ***!!

Older person bias, indeed :shame::shame:

I'm only getting about 9. There's a definite 'older person' bias, that must be why.

B)

:o How old are you jaded? 6???

We were all born in the same century, and I got some of the answers off my 12 and 13 yo kids :lol:

Edited to say :oops: was that cheating ??? Should I disqualify myself??

Edited by Lauren

:o How old are you jaded? 6???

We were all born in the same century, and I got some of the answers off my 12 and 13 yo kids :lol:

Edited to say :oops: was that cheating ??? Should I disqualify myself??

Moderators! Mods! Ban her!

No way can it be that I'm just rubbish. How Garner's-World-and-slippers is a question about Yorkshire fog?

No way can it be that I'm just rubbish. How Garner's-World-and-slippers is a question about Yorkshire fog?

:o:lol:

Erm.... So that'll be one of the ones you GOT then????

How Gardener's-World-and-slippers is THAT!!!!!!!!

:P:o;)

BD

BD

*smirk*

:P ...wel I,ve pm,d the quiz master my pathetic effort :blink: .............at least I know I,ve got one right .......cos I set the question :lol:

I've now added a new rule that answer sheets can only be submitted ONCE (so fill 'em in carefully folks!), BD

Oh, Burger-it! :wallbash: I didn't read this bit! :rolleyes::blink::huh::lol:

BD

Oi! I learnt about it from my *Grandad*