Sign in to follow this  
bid

Lipstick Aspies...

Well, today the Lipstick Aspies had their first meeting at Lauren's house :clap: Total membership present...2!! :lol:

It was just fabby to meet Lauren (who is lovely, with beautiful hair...where's the 'envy' emoticon??), and her house is stunning. Conversation was brilliant, and we managed to avoid looking at each other at the same time for the whole 3 hours!! :lol:

Dramatic Highlight: lunch at the local pub being enlivened when a little old lady had a massive heart attack, and Lauren, who is a nurse, sprang into action until the paramedics arrived :bat:

Moment of Greatest Hilarity: Lauren making the mistake of asking me what my proposed PhD would have been, had I not been busy having Auriel instead... :lol:

Moment of Greatest Self-Awareness: me realising for the first time ever in 20 years just how truly Aspie my proposed PhD was!! :lol::lol:

All-in-all a fantastic day, with a big >:D<<'> at the end, and promises to do it all again very soon (although possibly not the heart attack drama... :unsure: ) :thumbs::clap:

Boho :D:dance:

Sounds like the 2 of you had an action packed afternoon. It must have been great to meet for a chat, wish we were all closer and we could all get together more often....

Edited by justamom

zemanski....... How long have you got?????? :lol: hint... something to do with seals and screws :blink:

You tell her bid..... you'll do it much more eloquently :whistle: than I can B)

Edited by Lauren

kathryn.... I would tell you if I knew.... but I was laughing too much when poor bid was trying to explain it to me..... :lol: Something to do with letter seals and the graded screw holes being the basis of them from the ancient somethingorother... thingumy wottist... :hypno:

It was lovely to meet bid.... she's lovely and very glamorous and very very inteligent :thumbs: I just don't know how we managed to have such great conversations, because we certainly did, but I don't think EITHER of us stopped to draw breath the whole time :lol:

Edited by Lauren

Great to hear you both had a wonderful time :D When's the next meeting? :D

Lauren, had to laugh at your description of Bid's proposed PhD :lol::lol: But my imagination is running wild now, thinking WHAT could it be??? :lol::lol::lol:

Come on Bid, you have to tell us now :D

Weeeellllllll...

It was...

'The engraving techniques of Minoan seal stones'!!

:wacko::hypno::blink::lol:

Now, that was a loss to the collected knowledge of mankind!

And I was merely explaining to Lauren about the possible significence of very specific indentations in the overall designs in relation to the ancient...

Guys?

GUYS!!??

Where's everybody gone??

Boho :dance::lol:

I'm glad you've set our mind at rest there, Bid. :)

Seals - I had a mental picture of the blubbery aquatic kind. I was about to alert the RSPCA. :o:lol:;)

K xx

Edited by Kathryn

I just don't know how we managed to have such great conversations, because we certainly did, but I don't think EITHER of us stopped to draw breath the whole time :lol:

My guess is it really took the pressure off knowing you didn't actually have to LISTEN to what the other person was saying because they never actually stopped long enough for you to need to answer a question!! :o:o:o:P;)

So who took first go on the dance pole, and are there any photo's that need a quality control check? :lol::lol:

If your aspie and you know it flap your hands.......

L&P

BD :D (who wants to be a lipstick aspie too but hasn't got the right 'bit's' ) :(

mine was on the economic influence on demography in relation to chinese special economic zones :P

got over that some time ago :lol:

glad you both had such a good time

Z

Sounds like you two had a whale of a time :dance::dance::lol::lol:

What with Bid's Minoan stones and Nemo's celtic knotwork the forum may be able to solve the mysteries of the universe! BTW my hubbs did his Masters dissertation on the history of Northumberland place names and that is definitely bamboozling!

Wish I'd been there - but you live too far away Bid :D

Daisy, next time I'm making a trip to Newcastle I will let you know and we could have a northern LSA meeting :thumbs:

Lauren

Can I join too? :D

I did an MA dissertation on the comparison between French and English past tense verb forms in narrative texts - is that obscure enough for you? Gathering dust somewhere in the Linguistics department at Birkbeck - and rightly so.. :hypno::lol:

K x

I know I was. ;)

As I'm not sure whether I have enough traits to qualify, is there a "Friends of Lipstick Aspies" category? :lol:

K x

You can be an 'honourary' LSA, up there with Baddad, if you like/dare!! :devil::devil::lol:

Boho :dance:

Yes, but like the 'young' monsieur badders you have to wear a lurex polka dot frock :devil:

My dissertatttio disastatu deserta project was on the influence of cheese in modern sandwich making and it's relevence to pickle sales in the EEC...

Eeeeee, i like a nice cheese 'n' pickle ploughmans! ;)

:devil::devil:

BD

What with Bid's Minoan stones and Nemo's celtic knotwork the forum may be able to solve the mysteries of the universe! BTW my hubbs did his Masters dissertation on the history of Northumberland place names and that is definitely bamboozling!

My thesis was on 'Urban Archaeology: a planning policy'and my dissertation was on the spatial distribution of change ringing (campanollogy) in Ireland. Lipstick Aspies sounds great. Hope you have more good times.

yoyo

Daisy, next time I'm making a trip to Newcastle I will let you know and we could have a northern LSA meeting :thumbs:

Lauren

Yeh Lauren, that's excellent :dance: - can Oracle and Karen T come too - as LSA's? Oh, and anyone else from the NE? :D

My dissertatttio disastatu deserta project was on the influence of cheese in modern sandwich making and it's relevence to pickle sales in the EEC...

Eeeeee, i like a nice cheese 'n' pickle ploughmans! ;)

:devil::devil:

BD

:lol: This laughing smilie doesn't go anywhere near to illustrating how much this made me roar with laughter. Even my ears were hurting!!!!

:lol:

Edited by Lauren

:lol: This laughing smilie doesn't go anywhere near to illustrating how much this made me roar with laughter. Even my ears were hurting!!!!

:lol:

That'll learn 'em - load of blummin pseuds!!! :P:o:o:lol::lol::lol:

Us thicky's stick together, eh L? ;)

That'll learn 'em - load of blummin pseuds!!! :P:o:o:lol::lol::lol:

Us thicky's stick together, eh L? ;)

baddad OI!! :o .... I don't know if I want to be in the thickie club :huh: I don't like cheese :crying::lol:

duh........ :balloon:

Why isn't there a 'total brain melt' smilie???

UPDATE ON LITTLE OLD HEART ATTACK LADY IN THE PUB!!!

She's (utterly unbelievably) alive and well........ She was given the once over in the ambulance and then driven back to the nursing home :oops: Was an angina attack caused by too much food :o:huh::blink::oops::lol:

Honestly honestly, I could have sworn she was going!!! I mean, she was actually just about gone :o

But nice that she's ok.

I wonder if I'm a miracle healer :P

UPDATE ON LITTLE OLD HEART ATTACK LADY IN THE PUB!!!

Honestly honestly, I could have sworn she was going!!! I mean, she was actually just about gone :o

Maybe she was listening in on your conversation (well, bid's conversation :D ) and it all got

a little too much for her. :whistle::whistle:

Sorry bid :wub:

Brook :D

Awwww...that's brilliant about the little old lady, Lauren! :clap:

But her mad little old lady friend is never going to believe her again, is she!! :lol::lol:

Boho :dance:

(Who is awake soooo early because she's so excited about the Mod's Barbie today...how sad is that!! :rolleyes: )

Good news - I bet she won't be going to the pub again for a while.. :huh: Well done Lauren, I wouldn't have known what to do in that situation.

And Bid.. 5AM?? :shame::shame: I hope you're grabbing a bit of sleep now - don't want you falling asleep later! :lol:

K x

sounds like you had a great day! May it be the first of many and............I WANNA JOIN!!!!!!!!!! :crying: the only thing i ever dissed was my maths teacher... sorry, thicko standing proud and ....er, alone!!! :crying::crying::tearful: