Sign in to follow this  
lisann

What a day

Hi all we decided last min' to go to a theme park ( the American one ). Char has never been to one doesn't like crowds people or noise but god was he brill today.They had an inset day so we knew it would quiet and it is big and open.We got a disabled and carer half price :dance: and wristbands to queue jump double :dance::dance: . I used my tesco club deal vouchers so it cost us nothing :D . He didn't like the look of any of the fast rides so we didn't go on them bet and daddy did Char loved watching.He did go on some rides and his little face was a picture it was lovely.We didn't need to queue jump until the last ride so that was good.The only problem we had was on the last ride we queue jumped and this woman got the huff.She stormed off to complain to the management if she had come to me I would have explained, the mangager came looked at me saw the wristband as told the woman very loudly

" Yes they have queue jumped it is our policy to allow disabled guests and there group to go first as some children who are disabled aren't able to wait in queues."

The woman then said

"He doesn't look disabled"

The manager went

" Unfortunalty disabled people don't come with labels madam a lot of disablities are hidden now sorry if you aren't happy with what has happened but it's our policy and we stick to it"

I was over the moon I hadn't had to open my mouth the man did it for me so I thought :P:P:P

to the woman.

This company is fab in my eyes and it really made our day

Lisa x

WOW, send that guy a medal :D How marvellous, wonder if he has a personal experience?

Hope the woman went red!

Glad you all had a good day :P

Anna x

Pleased to hear you had a good time, and well done that manager :notworthy: would have loved to have seen her face at that response, so nice when someone does the explaining for you

It's fantastic your son had a great time!

I want to marry that manager!

(I have to ask. what exactly is the wristband? I've never heard of that - sounds great).

Cheers,

Eva

Hi Eva

It's like a plastic band worn on the wrist.This one was sticky and you peeled the tape at one end and stook it to the other end making a band which was worn on the wrist.

I hope this makes sence

lisa

We are always quick to moan at and about people and organisations when things go wrong. It's nice to hear of somewhere/someone getting it right for once. Why not write to them and tell them how well you thought this situation was handled? Praise where its due and all that...

Oh WOW!! That is brilliant!! Does the place have a web site where you can give feedback ? As reading about this has made my day as well!

Hi All :dance:

Ta for replies it was a fantastic day and I have e-mailed company to say thank you for a lovely day it really does make a difference.

Lisa :jester:

Hi,

So glad you had a good day, and as for the manager :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: !

Hope he passes on his great attitude when he is training other staff. I hope that lady was suitably embarassed!

Loulou x

That's fab news! I wish there were more like him around :D I can't face those places myself so consequently my kids have never been to those kind of places (is that selfish :( ), I can't even queue for communion or a buffet lunch. I always wait till the end - can't stand the shuffling. Unfortunately I can't do much about traffic jams or checkout queues.