Viper

Ben is out playing

I found out on Monday that the new family that moved in up the road home educate. They have three boys, the youngest is 9. Ben played with them on Monday and he just spotted them outside and asked if he could play again.

When he went out they came over and said "hello mate" they are all so much taller than him but bend down to talk to him. I think the fact they are home educated means they are not as worldly wise as other kids so have more time for Ben than most kids would. I think school makes kids grow up faster and they are more influenced by peer pressure so they lose a certain amount of innocence. My girls certainly changed a lot when the went to school.

Whatever the reason, I am chuffed to little mint balls that he has some friends. :dance::dance::thumbs::clap:

Edited to say, there are 4 boys and 3 girls out there now not including Ben, and he is still the smallest by miles. It's the first time he has played out on his own, i.e without his sisters. On Monday he insisted I stay out there, but today he asked me to watch him but I said I would watch from the window and before he went he said "I love you Mummy" like he was going off to war. :rolleyes:

Edited by Viper

Hi Viper,

That's really great! It must be lovely for Ben to have some friends :wub: .

Kai is nearly 8 and he doesn't play out because there aren't any "nice" children where i live, i'm hoping to move so fingers crossed there will be some better kids there.

LouLou x

:D:D

thats great news.

Theres no "nice"kids where we live either so my son doesnt have anybody to play out with.Years ago some younger girls would take care of him and be nice but as the kids round here have grown older theyve become like so many others and dont want to take the time to get to know somebody whoes a little different.

Next step viper will be them comeing for tea and maybe sleeping over.

Chuffed to bits for you both, Viper. It's a big step forward, isn't it? J plays out regularly now with a boy in the street - he's a few months older than J but they know each other from nursery days. They have their spats and frequently one storms off in a huff never to return, but they soon forget about it at and come calling for each other again. It warms my heart that we have some 'normality' in his social life now, and I'm so pleased for you that you've got it as well. Excellent progress, well done!

Karen

x

Ben had a wonderful time. He didn't come in until 8 o'clock. I didn't have the heart to call him in for his tea. When he came in he was so hungry he even asked for cheese, something he eats only rarely. I asked him all about it and he was full of it. He still doesn't know their names though. :rolleyes:

They had races, and piggy backs, played stuck in the mud. It was how I remember my childhood, the whole street playing together, there were about 12 kids out there in the end and they all accepted Ben, absolutely wonderful. :dance::thumbs::clap:

He even fell over and cut his knee (tiny little scratch). He came in crying (and sweaty from running) but we didn't have the usual meltdown at the sight of blood, he let me clean it up and then went straight back out again. :o

I thought he might go to bed early but it was still 11pm before he was asleep. :rolleyes:

That's wonderful :) Pleased he enjoyed himself :)

Names are not important when you're having fun :dance:

Sounds like he's loving it, my ASD son is worse to get to bed if he's had more exercise, seems strange but thats just the way he is.

oh that gave me a tear in my eye, bless him. wish tom had someone like that all his friends have outgrown him now, they all go off skateboarding and such - gawd help us! lol