Sign in to follow this  
baddad

Thought for today...

I was helping Ben unlock the chain on his bike after school, and had to do that

"Huuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!"

noise when I straightened up again (anyone over, say, 35 will know it!)

And it occurred to me that that's when we officially become grown ups! Not 18, Not 21, or even 30, but that point in your life when standing UP makes you GROAN :(

L&P

BD :(:tearful:

It's the alarming 'pistol shot' cracks that various bits of me make these days when I move that I find so depressing! :lol:

Boho :dance:

:lol: baddad and bid oh lordy, I know exactly what you mean :lol: The worst thing is when I've been sat on the floor doing my hair and then try to stand up... I almost need a pully and hoist :lol:

Lauren x

Edited by Lauren

And it occurred to me that that's when we officially become grown ups! Not 18, Not 21, or even 30, but that point in your life when standing UP makes you GROAN :(

It doesn't have to be that way though. Take inspiration from Martina Navratilova - 49 and still going strong, competing against girls a third of her age. I bet she doesn't groan when she stands up! :lol:

Mind you, those of us who haven't spent several hours a day for the last 40 years in sole pursuit of sporting excellence have probably left it a bit late to start now. :huh::huh::rolleyes:

Groan away, BD! :wacko::)

K x

BD don't you mean GROAN up? :lol:

I know what you all mean though it is real pain. I tried jumping on my kids trampoline last summer. I couldn't move for a week afterwards. Never again. It's good to sunbath on though. :thumbs:

Kathryn, there were SOOOOO many possible jokes from your last post, but I've been very VERY good :lol::lol::lol:

Don't know what you mean, I'm sure. :whistle::whistle:

Changing subject slightly (still tennis related) Wimbledon Centre Court was briefly graced yesterday with a male streaker who was swiftly apprehended and his modesty preserved with the help of a large red flag.

The wonderful John Mc Enroe who was commentating at the time said when it was all over, in his dead pan way, "Was there a point to all that?" Brilliant! :lol:

K x

I thought all tennis players groaned, grunted and sometimes even screamed in pain all the time these days. :P Or has it all gone quiet again on Center Court?

And viper, I know what you mean about the trampoline; Com says that no-one over the age of 15 is any fun on a trampoline. That's because they suddenly discover what a compacted spine feels like! I'm sure I lost at least an inch in the first month.

But at least it keeps me fit - not by bouncing on it, but by the daily lowering and raising of the heavy steel mesh cover that stops the local students from killing themselves on it at 2am :drunk:

Wow Nemo, you lasted a whole month? I am impressed. You can't have reached the oh so wrongly named time when life begins. If life begins at forty, some people must have had an awful time as teenagers. :devil:

As for the compacted spine I didn't dare do anything but bounce up and down a bit screaming like a big girl when the kids jumped and made me go too high. :hypno:

Hubby did mention he had a sore back after a few seat drops, thinking about it I do have to take his trousers up a few inches now. :unsure:

Edited by Viper

Guest flutter

i have a very very old body :crying::crying: that groans and creaks reguarly

just as well i got a young mind tho ( or immature as my kids tell me lol)

Cx

When I was young pepole said to me "You'll see when you get to 50!". I'm 50 and I haven't seen anything. :lol::lol:

As for an aching body, I played basquetball a few weeks ago and the next day I couldn't walk.

But here's a thought someone with a good intention sent to me: Growing old is the only way to live long. :rolleyes:

Curra

Ooooh, Sallya, you scamp!! :shame::lol:

I'd quite forgotten the rear view of BD attempting unsuccesfully to scale a huge boulder in one agile leap like a 15 year old lad...only to collapse to the ground with all the grace and charm of a man of, er, 'mature' years!! :lol::devil::clap:

I knew the right moment would present itself for the telling of that little tale :devil::devil:

Boho :devil:

:dance: ............come on then Sally/boho.................give us the full low down ............I mean the tale of bads and the boulder,

Now not wanting to boast but I managed a crab the other day :lol: .............yep how supple am I?..................Supple Suze is my middle name............I even managed to walk from one end of the room to another like that.Sadly two minutes later I realised I had infact become stuck in this position and the kids had to help their stupid mother lie her legs and arms back down.Took me a hot bath and a cup of tea to recover from the aches and dizzy spells :rolleyes: .

I'm not a particularly bendy person at the best of times what with my arthritis but I did try to recreate my headbanging days at a friends house a few weeks ago by bending backwards flat on the floor with my legs underneath me with the air guitar playing above my head - and yup I too got stuck - in front of 3 teenagers - ah yes, a few cool points lost there I fear :D

Playing air guitar and leaping around on the furniture keeps me quite fit......shame it does nothing for the fat tho :( Never mind, i can still touch my toes...just cant see them very well anymore!

:dance: ............come on then Sally/boho.................give us the full low down ............I mean the tale of bads and the boulder,

:lol::lol:

'twas Easter holidays, and we had a meetup at highrocks....Ben was having a meltdown on top of the rock, 'cos he was convinced he had a splinter in his thumb, no amount of persuasion could bring Ben down, so dad could have a look, so he had to go up...you had to be there....me and Bid were splitting our sides with laughter....don't know why it was so funny..guess it was the effort that went into getting up...and the more we laughed, the more stressy Badders got...well that's how I remember it..Bads has probably got a different version :D

Now not wanting to boast but I managed a crab the other day :lol:

That's nothing, I managed half a lobster yesterday and i have a sea food allergy!!! An incy wincey ickle crab is nuffing!

Now - this rock climbing... Don't think it's the bones that are packing up on these girls: it's the grey matter!!

Fact is i went up that rock like a young gazelle, threw the boy over my shoulder in a perfect fireman lift and RAN back down the almost sheer rockface without even pausing for breath! Then i felled a couple of trees with my bare hands; chased, caught and skinned a wild boar (they escaped from a reserve down in Hampshire and are now wild throughout Kent/Sussex) and roasted him over an open fire which i started by rubbing two sticks together... And what did the ladeez do? Opened Sally's thermos and made a cup of tea :o:rolleyes::rolleyes: Bluddy typical!

As for Ben's 'splinter' - he HAD HALF A PICKET FENCE sticking out of his arm and didn't even murmur :wub::thumbs::thumbs: My hero :wub:

L&P yall

Ally Oop...... ;)

I would just like to point out that I did a cartwheel on the same occasion! :clap:

Mind you, I didn't half suffer for it afterwards! :lol:

I would just like to point out that I did a cartwheel on the same occasion! :clap:

Mind you, I didn't half suffer for it afterwards! :lol:

No, you ate a wagon wheel. Not quite the same thing :shame::shame:

:devil::devil:

My two year old made me bounce on a mini tramp today. Had the most peculiar sensation as what's left of my brain sloshed around inside my skull.

NOW JUST HOLD ON THERE!

I don't care whether you were just keeping your littlun entertained: BEATING UP HOMELESS MIDGETS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOUR!!!! :shame::shame::shame:

You have been warned! ;)

L&P (a shocked :o ) BD

PS: NOT SHOUTING, JUST TOUCHED BY THE PRESENCE OF OWEN MEANY ;)

NOW JUST HOLD ON THERE!

I don't care whether you were just keeping your littlun entertained: BEATING UP HOMELESS MIDGETS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOUR!!!! :shame::shame: :

It took me a while :huh: ..................but it made me chuckle when I got it........... :rolleyes: .........doh!

It took me a while :huh: ..................but it made me chuckle when I got it........... :rolleyes: .........doh!

Oh yeah!!! duh! I get it now too :lol::rolleyes:

Was stuck in traffic tonight and read a car bumper sticker and thought i had to share it with you:-

They say you get better with age

Guess I must be heading for magnificant

Thought that was classic!!!!

Was stuck in traffic tonight and read a car bumper sticker and thought i had to share it with you:-

They say you get better with age

Guess I must be heading for magnificant

Thought that was classic!!!!

Well....there's another quote for BD to add to his signature .......... only kidding luv ya really Badds! :D

From one oldie to all the others, one to share...

I was feeling really lousy a couple of days ago, been overdoing things a lot lately, my ME's pretty bad, have a cold and had pulled a rib muscle too - things could have been better.

J sez: "Mam, you know when you're very, very old and you're in an old people's home?"

Already I'm not happy about where this is going, but I said "Yes" anyway.

So J sez: "Well, will it be OK if I have this house?"

I'm only 45 and he's kicking me out already.

Told him he'd probably be able to choose between this and Grandma's house - Dad's an only child so their house will be left to him when they 'go'.

So then he sez: "Well, you know how I'm going to be an inventor when I grow up?"

Me: "Yes".

J: "Well, I'm going to invent a device for helping people with ME get up and down stairs when they're old. 'Cos let's face it Mam, it's not going to get any better, is it?"

Kick me when I'm down, why dontcha?

Karen

x