LKS

Hope I get an answer soon

After the fiasco of dd's class for next year I am still waiting for a reply from the head as to which class she will actually be in, they are all visiting tomorrow. DD seems to think she is going to be with her friends but no-one has actually told me. I have to say how much pleasure I got putting Phas's letter in writing to the HT :devil:

LKS

I hope your daughter is in a class with her friends next year.

It's a shame we can't be a fly on the wall when these teachers and LEA officials open the letters we send. It would be nice to see their reaction. Glad you got some pleasure out of sending it.

:lol::lol: Would be nice to know what class dd actually has to visit tomorrow :wacko: I had lots of parents phoning me over the weekend expressing disbelief at the classes, even the other parents know more about my dd's frienships. One mum whos son had been in this teachers class a couple of years ago was so adamant that the teacher has an unfortunate manner that she offered to write to the HT detailing some of the things her ds had to put up with. I have stopped her as I don't want this to turn in to a witch hunt, and I don't think it will serve any purpose.

You did the right thing with the other parent (though it must be nice to know they realise the problems your dd has and the impact that the class set up would have for her!). It could have ended up looking like a witch-hunt...and that would have served no purpose.

Well thanks a lot school. No-one has bothered to respond to my airy fairy e-mails or phone message to let me know exactly which class dd is visiting tomorrow. Bless her she keeps asking me where she will go. What sort of way is that to treat any child let alone one with sen. The senco came up to me in playground after school with big pile of paperwork I asked her if she had heard what class dd will be in and she said 'hasn't anybody told you yet', lets hope its what you want to hear :wacko: DD keeps asking questions and is getting more wound up when I can't answer. How can I definately tell her she will be with her friends when I just don't know :angry:

Having a melt down at the moment. I'm tempted to film this so the school can see how there careful explaining of classes didn't work. DH doesn't want me to send her in as they haven't had the decency to say which class she is in. DD wants to go, doesn't want to go IYKWIM :blink:

It's so unfair for your DD that something so simple cannot be done. A lack of understanding comes to mind.

Will be thinking of you and your DD today.

Annie

xx

The senco came up to me in playground after school with big pile of paperwork I asked her if she had heard what class dd will be in and she said 'hasn't anybody told you yet', lets hope its what you want to hear

Maybe this was a perfectly innocent comment since the written word cannot accurate reflect tone of voice, but it seems way out of line and almost taunting. When will schools learn that when they play games like this with parents the ones that really suffer are the innocent children. Your daughter's ASD means that she needs to be prepared for changes and keeping her in the dark as to which class she's going to be in is bound to increase her anxieties.

Thinking of you and your daughter today.

I think they should thoroughly ashamed of themselves doing this to a child...any child would be upset not knowing what was going on. In your dd case it is tantamount to victimsation in my eyes. I'll log on at work at lunchtime to see how it went. Fingers are firmly crossed. Good luck.

I hope there's an end to all the stress today - uncertainty is horrible. Even at 17 my daughter has trouble handling it.

Thinking of you,

K x

Will be thinking of you and your DD today..... >:D<<'> All children become anxious about moving classes, and ASD children more so. The school are handling this change appallingly. So feel for you right now >:D<<'>

Any news yet? I think its ridiculous they havent let you know? :robbie:

Nope. Took dd in to school she wanted me to see her present class teacher, we couldn't find her. Found the LSA and dd actually said 'what class am I going to visit today Mrs. *******' LSA said I'm not sure I think it is Mrs ****(teacher we want) dd said what shall I do if Mr. ***** (HT) calls out classes, and he doesn't call the right one, I want to be with my friends. LSA becoming very uncomfortable and her manner with me was a bit off, which is a real shame as we have previously got on well. I tried to get hold of HT to try and get him to confirm to me one way or the other where dd is going. (I think he was hiding :lol: ) So I left dd in a slightly confused state but happier than when we had left home. They have made this very difficult for themselves and it didn't have to be. I particularly want to hear from the HT as to why he thinks that my dd's progress academically, emotionally and socially will not be as effective if placed in the class I prefer. Phas you may be interested to hear that my copy of the minutes of the annual review made no mention about our discussion regarding classes, luckily I have my own taken for me by someone I took along as support. What a great way to end what has been on the whole a good year for dd. Thanks everyone for your good wishes >:D<<'>

Then amend those minutes accordingly and send that copy back in. Stating quite clearly that the minutes sent to you WERE NOT a 'true reflection' of what took place because...

As for this morning, if any staff were made to feel uncomfortable then that was NOT of your making. That is down to the HT and their refusal to communicate with you properly. Fingers are crossed for you that all is ok when you go to collect her later.

Edited by phasmid

dd went to class with her friends and was apparently very happy. I do not consider it a victory really as HT has made it clear that everyone apart from me does not consider this a good move. Well b***s to them cos you only had to see her happy little face when she came out :)

I bet your dd is a happy girl now! What a shame you had to go through hell to secure this! >:D<<'>

Anna x