Sign in to follow this  
smallworld

Do you need some time on your own ?

I have realised that I have been on here well past 1 a.m. most nights since the school holidays got into full swing.

I always used to be a late night lurker ( as well as the day time visits ) but had recently got myself off to bed at a reasonable-ish hour.

Now it's school hols my other half trots (no, that's not the right word :blink: ) off to bed, and I say " I'll be there shortly.."

An hour later, I'll be still sat here at the pc :ph34r:

I need my space, and staying up late is the only way I'm going to get it, roll on september I say :hypno:

Anyone else being deprived of 'me' and 'silence' time ??

wac

I've altered the title of this thread, the word 'lonesome' was just conjuring up Elvis too much :wacko:

Edited by waccoe

Same here Wac :lol::lol: Regularly been going to bed past 2 am last few nights...its so peaceful! Wouldn't mind, but for dd waking up at crack of dawn every morning...not good :( Will look haggard by Sept...actually, scrap that, already look haggard :rolleyes:

Also not managing to get anything done round the house during the day...apart from managing to bung some bleach down the loo today :whistle: Then dd turned up downstairs with a bleached t-shirt...don't even WANT to think about HOW she managed it :wacko:

Ditto :lol::lol:

There's just me sitting here and the humming of the pc. bliss ;)

But then again I still have to get up early with them, so it's not as blissful in the morning. :whistle:

Brook :D

that's when having a 13 yr old Nt DD comes in handy, she's an absolute star, when she gets up she'll tell me that she will watch youngest (6) and I can lie on the settee and snooze for an hour >:D<<'>

However, our 10 yr old (awaiting dx AS) will sleep til midday if I let him, so I have to rouse myself every so often to shout " GET UP YOU LAZY BOY..."

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black :wub:

wac

I have to have at least an hour between everyone going to bed and me following them upstairs. I don't think I would cope without it.

Simon

Edited by mossgrove

this morning's snooze was disturbed by youngest blowing up a balloon and then releasing it to whizz and splutter over my head :balloon:

the first time he did it, it frightened the life out of me, I couldn't work out where that awful noise had come from...... :unsure:

i would love time to myself at night but im really exhausted by then so i get in my bed bout 10,later of course if big bruv is on!! its a lovely feeling when they both in bed,no noise,i love bedtimes

I'm the same - I need an hour of peace, to process the events of the day and prepare myself for the next day .

M has been going to a sport's camp this week though, so I have to be up in time to take him - so have had to go to bed on time. I have found that if I am upstairs, the boys do shut up and go to sleep though.

Karen

Hi

Yup, I like a bit of space and peace and quiet for a wee while before going to bed. I've been doing exactly the same, staying up really late, then going to work bleary eyed (just for a change!). I think that the light nights don't help ? roll on the dark ones!!!

Caroline

Aaargh :wallbash:

this is the first time I've had total silence today, apart from the really loud fan inside this pc, more :wallbash:

Ah well, at least it looks like peace has returned to the forum :pray:

wac

Do i need time on my own??

YES!!! And not just in the evenings :wacko::wacko::blink::lol:

I do find i need a couple of extra hours in the evening to unwind. Only problem is, little one is still up at the crack of dawn wanting attention - hence why i look like the living dead most of the time... :rolleyes:

I feel very fortunate in that my mum is a willing and good baby sitter; also the kids go to spend one night every few weeks with their dad. I don't know how I'd cope without some respite every now and again. You all have my respect :notworthy:

Flora

Edited by Flora

Peace and quiet, what's that then :unsure: is it listed in the Oxford dictionary??? :blink:

If you find out, let me know please :lol::lol::lol: . I'm normally desperately trying to stay awake until ds goes to sleep!

Guest hallyscomet

Hi Waccoe,

I used to do that one here it is addictive, until daylight saving kicked in and that put you two hours forward and me one hour back it became like us passing as ships in the night, I used to be able to talk to people in the mornings when I was almost off to sleep and your evenings when I woke in the morning, sounds confusing doesnt it.

I just found it was becoming a real problem for me during the day - I have found my most favourite alone time thing to do now is to put on my music and joggers and head down to the beach have 5 to choose from within 2-10 mins from here so I just love it. The music just gets me motivated, I shocked myself one day when I realised I had walked for 2 1/2 hours, just didnt realise it I was having so much fun.

Got to get you lot off those computers and back into the outdoors :shame: truly, get hooked on walking you will feel the benefits.

Cheers

H. >:D<<'>

I'd love the luxury of regular late nights but I just can't do it without ME payback. I don't half suffer if I'm up after 9pm! I stayed up for a couple of hours a fortnight ago (dh's birthday so I figured I should at least try) and I'm still paying for it.

I get my quiet time in the mornings but I have to be up at 5.45 to get it. I check my emails, have a bath, put some laundry in etc and just potter with no distractions or interruptions. It's worth setting the alarm for, I don't care how early it is.

Last week J was at summer scheme from 9 in the morning till 3.30pm. Having had a very stressful year trying to get a dx for him I reckoned I deserved some time off, so I had lunch with one friend and coffee with another, and one day a full body aromatherapy massage followed by a feet-up afternoon with a film. Utter, utter bliss! Now I'm sort of regretting it because we go on holiday next Saturday and I haven't even thought about it, and I have to take all J's food with us too because he's gf now. B*gger!

Karen

x

FOUND IT...

Peace and quiet

In some contexts, peace refers more generally to a state of quiet or tranquility ? an absence of disturbance or agitation.

Those who travel to remote, rural areas often notice the striking difference in the noise level between the cities and the countryside; hence the term "peace and quiet". Conflict that occurs in nature, however, often produces sounds. When animals fight, the surrounding forest can become even more silent, as the non-engaged animals warily await the outcome. After a conflict, the normal sounds and actions of the inhabitants eventually reappear.

I sleep all day and stay up all night, that way I make sure I'm left alone. I take very early morning walks so I ostensibly have the whole neighbourhood to myself. I'm not liked, the neighbours are very uncomfortable with me because try as I might, I can't pass for normal so I stay on my own, it's easier.

I haven't been doing the late nights but if I get a minutes peace = heaven.

Like when the kids have gone to bed and my husband is upstairs reading to my son ... I just sit downstairs without the TV on and just collect my thoughts in silence for 10 minutes ... I only get 10 minutes because I then have to put the toys away, unload the dishwasher and cook the dinner etc etc ... but it is quite nice whilst it lasts.

Very much so. Logan doesn't sleep and its a nightmare. He did sort of get into a routine for a few weeks of doing 10pm till 4am and then being up for the day, but then he switched till midnight till 7am and OMG I was exhausted!

I thought I'd be more tired being up earlier but I'm not - I really really need my time to switch off in the evenings.

Lynne x