Sign in to follow this  
lisa

Pink Nintendo DS

I know this doesn't really have anything to do with ASD but my Asperger daughter has asked for a pink nintendo ds and a barbie pegasus styling head thing. Nothing else!! I can't get either of them anywhere. I'm starting to get desperate now. I'm not willing to pay �200 on ebay for something that retails at �95!! :angry::angry: I tried broaching the subject of perhaps there's something else she wants as Santa might have trouble getting a pink ds but it's no go. She's only 8 and has full faith in Santa's ability to provide!!!! If anyone see's any could they please, please, please let me know.

Christmas isn't easy for our kids at the best of times, normally lots of meltdowns in L's case so any advice would be very welcome.

Thanks.

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

I know what a nightmare this is, one of my sons wants a PSP and the other a DS,

we managed to get the DS at the store below, luckily we have also managed the PSP as well, they are going like hot cakes.

You may be able to see if they have any stock in your area, or phone the main number like we did.

Good Luck

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5679467.htm

Brook :)

Forgot to add, we only got ours on Friday, but ours is not pink! :whistle:

Edited by Brook

I think ARGOS is the best to,if going down to an ARGOS to find out what is in stock,they can say whether it's in stock in any other local ARGOS stores,I have never found the website reliable with keeping up to date with items in/out of stock.

Lik-sang.com have some in stock (Japanese version,which will accept all region of games and work anywhere)but not sure about the adapter voltage and whether a converter/plug thing would be needed for when charging.

thank goodness Dot doesn't like pink any more - it wasn't too hard to find blue but when I thought it was pink she wanted I was having real trouble and that was over a month ago; I had an inkling this would happen

Zemanski

i will have a look around my area for you and if i find one you can pay the store direct and i will collect it and post it for you or you can send me a cheque for it(i am trustable lol).will have a try and let you know anyway.

lynda x :)

Lisa,

I know you said you didnt want Ebay but Ive just had a look on there and they have some, reasonably priced.

I suppose as a last resort you could give it a go.

Once again, Good luck.

Brook ;)

Hi Lisa try this it's 149.99 with a game but think for your first order you get 20% off

KAYS

Type in ds in search bar!!!

Lisa x

Edited by lisann

Lisa, I was in Woollies the other day and they had loads of pink ones. Woollies have their own website which you can order on. Could you try them? www.name of shop :wub: .co.uk

Lauren

Hi Lisa this is exactly what my 8 year old daughter wants as well ! I ordered one through amazon on the 4th November and got an e-mail the other day to say the estimated delivery time is the 8th-13th Jan. aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh. I have just looked in woollies, game, gamestation, debenhams, W H Smiths and HMV no luck. I promise if i find any I will let you know :thumbs:

The Woolies Web site is showing out of stock as is (almost) everywhere else. If you buy one at your local wollies you could out it on ebay straight away and get �150-200

Simon

I'll take a look for you this afternoon as I will be out shopping with David. I am looking for Starwars gear so I will add the pink DS to my list :lol: It will be B) as both are passions of David's and he would hate to think of anyone being denied their basic humans rights as he would see it :lol:

We have actually had to import David's Christmas Box from America :o He wanted the new limited edition Mario Cart DS. It's Bright Red and has the Mario Cart emblem on it. It's not out here at all but eldest has managed to find a brilliant seller on E Bay who is letting him have it at what it has cost them plus p&p. There are some really nice people out there :) I'm pleased to say.

Now all we have to do is beat David to the letterbox ;)

Carole

From postings on another board the coloured ds and the game nintendogs are near impossible to find. aghhhh.I wanted one , and as someones already said you cana get them by bidding on ebay but they are over priced because there arent any to be had anywhere that i or others can find .And the places that are expecting them like amazon,gameplay etc 4 to 6 weeks delivery which we all know we havent got 4 to 6 weeks lol. Good luck to all nintendo seekers. lynn

My two - who are both Gaming Freaks - are insisting that the only place you will be able to buy this Machine is by importing it in the way that we have done via an E Bay Seller. Of course their is a down side which I am trying hard not to think about and that is what happens if it arrives and it is broken :unsure:

However we have still gone for it and it was a great deal easier than I expected.

Carole

Just ordered it from the Kays website and firstly it didn't give me my 20% discount then I got right through to the end, it said thank you for my order and then told me to expect it within 7 weeks!!!!!! :angry::angry: I couldn't cancel the order through the website so I phoned up their customer service and they said they couldn't cancel it until 24 hours after I'd order it, so I have to phone back tomorrow!! They you go through all the checkout procedure it doesn't say anything about it being out of stock. How stupid is that!!!!

Thought I'd managed to get one for her for a minute there. Thanks for all your replies. I'll keep trying. In the meantime, I keep saying "are you sure you want a ds?", "do you think you'll play with it?" Knowing my luck, I'll probably manage to get her one after a lot of stress and I would have done such a good job persuading her that she doesn't really want it that she won't be that bothered about it and toss it to one side!!!

Lisa

I GOT ONE!!!!!!!!!! :clap::clap::thumbs::thumbs::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Thanks for the tip LKS. I got it on the GAME website. Thought after you said you'd managed to get one in the GAME shop today I'd give their website another go just on the offchance. I'd already checked it once today but there they were!!!!!

Thanks everyone.

Lisa