Tez

Mediation - LEA agree to all our requirements -

Had a 4 hour long mediation meeting today prior to our SENDIST tribunal later this month and the LEA have conceded to all our requests and more!

The mediator asked us if we were prepared to sign a letter withdrawing from tribunal there and then, but I said that until it formed part of the legally enforcable statement I was not prepared to do so. The mediator, an SEN solicitor, therefore wrote into the agreement that all parties signed, that it formed part and parcel of the statement and was legally binding.

The LEA have wasted 18 months of my son's life and caused us all a great deal of stress, but at last we have achieved what we set out to achieve. A will receive a full time education at home and our LEA have agreed to finance it until he's 19. A is delighted that he's not going to be forced back into school or be limited in what he can study and I'm just relieved that all the hours of fighting for A's needs have paid off and the LEA have agreed to back our arrangement without the need for tribunal.

Edited by Tez

Tez, I know what a struggle this has been - congratulations and I hope that others will take strength from this.

It grieves me that we have to go through this foocking struggle.

Love

HelenL

Tez :thumbs:

I'm sooo relieved and delighted for you and A.

What a long hard slog it's been for you all though, you and A should not have had to go through all of that :shame: ! Fantastic outcome all the same :notworthy::clap:

Flora :D

Tez

I am so pleased for you and A.

Your story is an inspiration to me as we are having the same problems that you have had and its seeing things like this that keeps me going.

Jen

x

Tez I'm absolutely delighted for you and A. I hope the people at the LEA feel some degree of shame but I doubt it :( You have had a long battle I know but thank you for all of the advice you have given to me in the past even when you have been going through so much yourself. >:D<<'>

FLIPPIN BRILIANT

Without wanting to big you up toooo much Tez well done you

it shows they knew they did,nt have a leg to stand on :D So pleased you can now put this behind you big hugs to you all >:D<<'>

Hi Tez

What a fantastic outcome, but boy has it taken an eternity to get there! :angry: You must be delighted and furious at the same time. I remember you joined the forum about the same time as me and I was struck by the similarity in our children's situations back then:- they were facing similar problms at school. I'm glad for you it's ended positively.

Well done you, and good luck to A! :clap::thumbs:

K x