Sign in to follow this  
brooke

christmas

Did you know theres only 13weeks till christmas whoo hoo. I love christmas my boy is starting to understand it now so its great all the trees lights buying presents chocolate oh i could go on forever :lol: Its like a competition at the top of our road for xmas lights. My boys are still scared of santa though. I know some people hate xmas but i love it. What about you? :party:

Brooke

My son has always loved Xmas ( and so do I), especially the candle lights. :partytime: He's always sorry when we have to put away the decoration in January.

Stop! Stop! Stop! :crying::crying:

I love Christmas but we're still in SUMMER aren't we? Well we were yesterday, anyway. :huh:

I propose banning all mention of the "C" word till December 1st. :ph34r::ph34r::blink:

K x ;)

I'm a bit of a mixture. I love the idea of it all and the trimmings and stuff but it always ends up being an enormous anticlimax and I end up feeling very dissatisfied and depressed over Xmas, and especially New Year. Either that or we're rushing round other people's houses the whole time and end up feeling annoyed and resentful! :blink: Apart from that, I can't wait! :lol:

~ Mel ~

I'm a bit of a mixture. I love the idea of it all and the trimmings and stuff but it always ends up being an enormous anticlimax and I end up feeling very dissatisfied and depressed over Xmas, and especially New Year. Either that or we're rushing round other people's houses the whole time and end up feeling annoyed and resentful! :blink: Apart from that, I can't wait! :lol:

~ Mel ~

Exactly how i feel, apart from the going round other poeples houses, i refuse to do that bit, i'd be chasing H all over the house.

What gets me about xmas now is not knowing what to get H - he's only into household appliances & toilets,showers etc and whenever ive bought him toy versions he's LOVED them to death - they hardly ever last past boxing day :rolleyes:

I'm really stuck this year! :(

Clare

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance::jester::jester::party::groupwave:

i LOVE xmas loads and loads and loads!!!!!

i'm now feeling hyper excited and not even the thought of having to buy prezzies or put the decs up can bring me down!

i hate having to pack it all away again after though, especially the argument with c cos he wants to keep the train light up all year :lol:

bring it on! i can't wait.

What gets me about xmas now is not knowing what to get H - he's only into household appliances & toilets,showers etc and whenever ive bought him toy versions he's LOVED them to death - they hardly ever last past boxing day :rolleyes:

I'm really stuck this year! :(

Yes, we have that trouble as well. My J has such specialized tastes that at birthdays and Xmas I end up having to buy things for the extended family to 'give' to him and they just give us the money. At least that way he's not left disappointed, but it's so much extra work! :(

Have you tried books or operation manuals on his fave appliances? J is at school with a little boy who adores colour television manuals, lots of piccies and info about his favourite electrical items!! Or you could make a scrapbook, stick in pics from the Argos catalogue and he can ogle to his heart's content! :P

Good luck :D

~ Mel ~

I usually look forward to it but not this year after the year I've had I'll be pleased when it's over. Only bought a couple of things, stupidly found 8 of something which worked out cheap and I want one, so got to sell the rest :unsure: My son wants things I can't afford and I don't think he would even use like an XBox 360 (games available aren't what he likes) They already have a lot, if I am honest more than they should and promised myself no going OTT (but I do that every year)

DS1 (ASD) doesn't like decorations up usually, hasn't so far, maybe differnt this year, but last year as he objects we did DS2's room with lights as he loves them, his thing is lights in a bigggg way, people even bought him some for Xmas last year :lol:

DS1 also doesn't believe in Santa, big issue with belief concepts, so far have managed to convince the little one not to listen when he says anything about it, would like him to be able to hold onto that imagination if possible.

DS1 also doesn't believe in Santa, big issue with belief concepts, so far have managed to convince the little one not to listen when he says anything about it, would like him to be able to hold onto that imagination if possible :lol::lol:

that made me laugh-for years my 5 year old would argue with me about father christmas ever since i took him to a school fair and he saw him and screamed the place down.....................everytime after that he would state that father christmas was at the school and no where else...ect....and certainly wouldnt be coming down our chimney ect..... i sort of gave up mentioning him.....but now my 3 year old is interested in it.............so you got to try havnt you lol :lol:

ive just bought 2 etch a sketch from woolworths for my 2-i used to have one as a girl :P

Edited by rainbow queen

Well our DS loves Crimbo, still believes in Father Christmas, says he's going to work for him when he gets older. Every night he says goodnight God and Santa's watching over me, 5 times exactly. The only problem is when other kids tell him Santa doesn't exist, ANGER... :angry::angry:

Edited by Siadwell

Yes, we have that trouble as well. My J has such specialized tastes that at birthdays and Xmas I end up having to buy things for the extended family to 'give' to him and they just give us the money. At least that way he's not left disappointed, but it's so much extra work! :(

Have you tried books or operation manuals on his fave appliances? J is at school with a little boy who adores colour television manuals, lots of piccies and info about his favourite electrical items!! Or you could make a scrapbook, stick in pics from the Argos catalogue and he can ogle to his heart's content! :P

Good luck :D

~ Mel ~

Yep done that, only he rips them up :rolleyes: so we have to half inch the washing machine manuals out of electrical stores alot :whistle:

LOVE it - cant wait... I'm from South Africa and we have hot Christmas's so love the cold winter Christmas's with all the trimings and the lights dont get me started i love the lights!!!!!

LOVE CHRISTMAS MOSTLY THE BUILD UP BUT REECE DOSNT COPE WELL GETS STRESSED WITH ALL THE PRESSIES USUALLY LEAVE HALF 4 BOXING DAY AS WELL AND IT TOO ME TILL APRIL THIS YR TO GET THE DECKS DOWN WENT MAD JUST COULDNT COPE WITH TAKING THEM DOWN HE HAS ONLY JUST THETOOK THE LAST 2 THAT I GAVE HIM 4 HIS ROOM :wub::wub::lol::lol::lol: SO ITS GOING TO BE FUN

Ok, Christmas is great....when it comes.

But can anyone explain to me why there are chocolate advent calendars in the shops in SEPTEMBER?? Who in their right mind would want to buy one now? :huh:

Bah humbug! :ph34r:

K x