Sign in to follow this  
oxgirl

My little Einstein!

Just thought I'd put up some good news, as I seem to be spending my whole time moaning and groaning at the moment.

My J (nearly 13) got a certificate from school on Friday for getting 98% in his recent science test, top of the class and top of his year no less!! :D

He can't understand why all the other kids didn't know the answers, he found it so incredibly easy! :lol:

~ Mel ~

Thats brillaint wow in a subject that is really hard as well, for him not so but for others a challenge, but it did make me wonder if the unit he is in are they stretching him, making things a challenge, some childrens behaviours are effective if the work is just too easy, has he had his IQ evaluated and could there be scope for a scolership in a private AS school that could give him the materials he is seeking, with understanding of his AS at the same time, I would be looking around education that want kids like your histine.

well done though.

JsMum

:thumbs: That's great, well done J. My son also has problems with why other kids find things hard when he finds it easy, many times he's called other children, and even teacher stupid, if they get things wrong. :oops:

Thats brillaint wow in a subject that is really hard as well, for him not so but for others a challenge, but it did make me wonder if the unit he is in are they stretching him, making things a challenge, some childrens behaviours are effective if the work is just too easy, has he had his IQ evaluated and could there be scope for a scolership in a private AS school that could give him the materials he is seeking, with understanding of his AS at the same time, I would be looking around education that want kids like your histine.

well done though.

JsMum

Thanks for that JsMum :P

He is in an AS Unit, but they take him into a few lessons in mainstream, one of those is science. It is the whole of the mainstream secondary year that he was top, not just his unit!! In fact, the teacher said that he would have gotten 100% but he didn't quite explain himself properly on one question, even though she knew that he'd gotten the answer correct! :dance:

Really it is this science opportunity that was the reason we wanted him to go back to school in the first place and in our area it really is this or nothing for him. There are a lot of things I hate about him being at the unit, but having these science experiences does make it worth it .... sometimes. Of course, he still doesn't have a single friend :crying: and I'd give anything for him just to have a friend, but you can't have everything I suppose! :huh:

~ Mel ~

Cheers everyone! :clap:

It's funny isn't it, how sometimes some things seem REALLY bad and others seem REALLY good! Sometimes I'd just like EVERYTHING to be just okay! :P

~ Mel ~