Sign in to follow this  
darky

Statement

:dance: Ive just heard the local authority have agreed to statement my daughter and its worth 25 hours a week. i got to get it, and look over it to make sure its air tight, but none the less, a great result, im sooooooooooooooooooo chuffed!!

Big thanks to my pal, she knows who she is ;) i could not have done it without her. also stressedmum cheers mate, and phasmid who have all been there when i needed it. :thumbs::clap:

just waiting on the news for my son now, im not so optimistic, but hey one down one to tribunal, better than where i was 2 yrs ago when apparently i didnt have any children with special needs :whistle:

Hi Darky from what I have read on here 25+hours indecates that she needs full time support so do ensure they do quanitfy and specify and if you have time do look on the thread that CAT put on in this topic (education), it will show you a BBC report and then on the right of the page is a video of a woman who has two sons with Autism and she had to fight for her sons to be specified.

its a long battle but do ensure they do this right and no blanket policies, the fact she has 25 hours does proove that this needs to be for her, not to benefit others by her LSA been there for other children struggling, this statement is to give her the support, if other children need support then they go throw the process your daughter had to go throw and get a statement.

well done.

JsMum

Edited by JsMum

i whole heartedly agree with you J'S mum. i was talking with the senco the other day and she said once the proposed statement comes out we should have a meeting to decide where i would like her provision to go. errrm no! the statement should tell the school where it goes.

i have already said R's statement will not fund other children's needs. i have not fought this long and hard to mess it up now!!

once i get the proposed statement, i am going through it with a fine tooth comb with a little help from a very experienced lady who will ensure we dot the i's and cross the t's. i want her funding to be dedicated, not wishy washy!!

Darky,

Sorry it's late. Well done to you and your 'mate', I'm glad all that hard work paid off. I'm just sorry it had to be soooooooooooo difficult.

Nellie xx