hev

the job i hate!!

just took me about an hour to put a quilt cover on,had my head in it at one point,thought i was gonna suffocate :lol::lol:

i know theres a knack to putting them on but i havent sussed it yet,it is nice getting into a lovely clean bed but i dread changing the covers :(

whats the household job you dread the most?

i know the job baddad loves the most,cleaning his windows so he can admire his reflection in them :P:lol:

I hate changing the bed as well. I get all in a muddle.

Cleaning out the cats' litter tray comes a close second. It doesn't smell too nice, and the minute I've done it, both cats jump in and pee in it!

BINS!!!!!!!!!!!

I hATE emptying bins!

I can't stand the smell!

Hi Hev

Turn the quilt cover inside out,line the end seam up with one end of the quilt turn it right sides over the quilt.

That probably means absolutely nothing but I know what I mean!

Loraine xx

I just find the end of the douvet and line it up with the sheet and then shake it a bit. Tends to end up in the right place. I also end up a bit wheezy whenever I have to remake my bed after it has all been washed though.

Putting clothes away after I've ironed them!!! I don't know why I hate doing it. I usually end up with baskets full of ironed clothes which I then have to rummage through to find stuff so that everything gets creased and needs ironing again. :D

Flo' :D

putting the shopping away!!!

Ditto!! When I come home with the shopping the last thing I feel like doing is putting all the stuff away. I just want to sit down and have a cuppa :D

C.

Oh COME ON!!!

Putting the shopping away?? I'll do yours for a month if you'll spend a day defrosting my freezer and cleaining the cooker! :lol::lol::lol:

On domestic chores though, I was struck with the thought that it had been a while since i changed my hoover bag.... realised just how long when i took it out, and it was the size and density of a breeze block! Managed to haul it to the wheelie bin with a sack barrow, but needed a winch to get it up and in (Who said 'fnar f'nar' - stoppit!! :angry::angry::shame:;) )

It's like having a new hoover!! :clap::clap::thumbs:

L&P

BD :D

putting the shopping away!!!

[/quote

I hate this too.Forget online shopping wandering round tescos is the nearest thing to a social life i have, but i'd be more than happy to pay someone to unpack the bags.

i also hate putting the shopping away!!i love food shopping but hate queuing up to pay then getting it in the taxi with the miserable taxi drivers if katie dares to put her feet on their seats then get it all in,stevens rummaging around the bags as though hes starving before i can put it away,actually i think i would rather put a duvet cover on!!

I also use the "inside out" method of duvet cover changing - learned it off "That's life" years ago! :lol:

Worst job for me - I hate all housework really, but washing up has to be top of the list. We don't have a dishwasher. :crying:

K x

We dont get as far as the taxi before Kofi starts munching by the time we get to the till nearly everything in the trolley has been opened

i used to love thats life kathryn!!im on about the programme with esther rantzem,wonder what happened to her?or are you on about the magazine?

I am rubbish at duvets too and can't get the hang of the inside out thing. Maybe we should ask the beeb for repeats of That's Life for a re-cap.

But hate cleaning the windows more all that hard work and they still end up looking all smeared !

maybe we should have a poll for worst jobs in the house :P think puttin shoppin away would be well up there! am quite happy to eat it tho....

i actually really like cleaning cookers! i quite often do my sister's for her....i know its sad isnt it! :lol:

I hate emptying the hoover because we have one of those bagless ones which should be a blessing right? It's ok in that you don't have to change bags but you just have to tip it out in the bin, outside, where there is wind and it blows the contents of the hoover straight back over you. LOATHE IT!

I also hate hoovering the stairs. The living room, bedroom fine, just hate mauling the thing up the stairs and then either having to take the lead up to the top of the stairs before you start (to save coming back down again afterwards), but then you have to hoover around the lead all the way up. Or, leave the lead plugged in at the bottom of the stairs and then you have to trapse back down again to get to unplug it after. I hate the fact that I cannot solve this problem :lol:

Ok, the duvet thing, it's really easy once you get the hang of it. Turn the quilt cover inside out first of all, then put your hands inside the quilt cover and push them up until you have one hand in each corner of the non-opened/top end of the quilt cover (it helps if you lay duvet out on bed before doing this bit). Then, with hands inside the quilt cover, grab the top two ends of your quilt and pull it up off the bed. Shake your arms/shoulders so that the quilt cover goes over the quilt. Then you either put the whole thing down and just pull the quilt cover the rest of the way down or you can hold the two covered corners together with one hand and pull the quilt cover down with the other. You can flatten the quilt out then at the bottom when you fasten the buttons. (Another way to get the quilt cover to go over better is to stand on the bed so you have a better downward shaking angle :lol: ). It's obviously much easier to do on single sheets because it doesn't require such mammoth bouts of arm strength, but it's still good on doubles and easier than trying to put the quilt into the quilt cover the normal way!

I've probably just succeeded in making it sound even more complicated, but hope it helps all the same :D

Emily

xxx

Oh and another tip....I use window cleaner for everything I can do. I don't use polish anymore, just window cleaner (unless you have some really valuable antique piece and then I wouldn't use anything but special polish.) It works the same and means you can polish and clean glass all in same swoop (soft cloths can clean windows just as easily as paper towels). I learnt this while working at a hotel, window cleaner is the way forward :) I also learnt that life is incredibly easier if you get a little caddy to put all cleaning things in that you need to go around the house like a cloth, window cleaner, toilet cleaner, jaycloths to clean the bathoom, bathroom cleaner, bin bag and hoover attachments and all that jazz) and then I just carry it from room to room and don't need to keep going back and forth, plus it stores away neatly along with the hoover. I know it might sound sad and pedantic but I'm Aspergers remember!! I have to have a system and if it works I don't care how much of a geek I look!

Edited by badonkadonk

i used to love thats life kathryn!!im on about the programme with esther rantzem,wonder what happened to her?or are you on about the magazine?

I was talking about the programme hev, I remember it used to be on on a Sunday night, it was my last bit of relaxation before getting ready for the working week... :dance:

Emily has described the duvet procedure perfectly. Follow it, and duvet changing will become a joy. :D

K x

I was talking about the programme hev, I remember it used to be on on a Sunday night, it was my last bit of relaxation before getting ready for the working week... :dance:

Emily has described the duvet procedure perfectly. Follow it, and duvet changing will become a joy. :D

K x

Thats Life...

And now over to cyril for our Odd Ode of the week

[Cyril, c0ck-eyed as a whelk and attired in red silk smoking jacket]: Thankyou Essstar! Tonight's story concerns the trials and tribulations of our regular viewer, Heather, who had an unfortunate turn of events while turning her mattress...

She turned her duvet inside out

And as she slipped was heard to shout

'Oh damn, I've gorn and sprained my wrist

And got my knickers in a twist'

And blindly rolling round the floor

She shot right through the bedroom door

onto the landing, whence she sped

Straight down the stairs and bashed her head

Right where the door and door jamb meet

And crashed right through into the street

And rolled and rolled on through the night

Right round the corner out of sight......

Etc etc etc...

L&P

Hahaha, gawd, baddad, that Cyril bloke was something shocking wasn't he!! :o:o:o Victoria Wood took over from him, didn't she, or was she on before him, one of those. She certainly got her big break on That's Life anyways. :lol:

~ Mel ~

Very good Baddad....that made me chuckle! :lol::lol:

Can't remember who started this post now :wacko: Anyway badonkadonk has described the problematic duvet task very well indeed!! :thumbs:

The job i hate the most is........Cleaning the toilet :sick: I have 2 and soon 2 move where i will have 3....gluten for punishment or what!!!!!!

The job i love the most....ironing.....i know you're all thinking 'Bonkers' right......Wrong i love it because my darling Fiance does the job! God i love him, now i know why we are marrying this year :wub::wub::wub:

The job i hate the most is........Cleaning the toilet :sick: I have 2 and soon 2 move where i will have 3....gluten for punishment or what!!!!!!

Yep - it does stick, that old gluten! :lol::lol: Freudian slip there, I guess? Who's on the GF diet then?

L&P

I hate hoovering and putting clean clothes away . I love putting shopping away :D that's because I have a system and know where everything lives. It gets put away in no time! :dance:

I hate pairing socks.I spend ages with a stack that all look the same.I think I have found pairs only to be informed.....What you think these match. :lol::lol::lol: Karen.

Washing the dog...

She's bouncing around the garden - happy as larry and shaking all over my nice clean washing on the line :rolleyes: - I'm soaked..... :partytime:

Hate to say it - but, i like cleaning :ph34r: Maybe i need cleaning annoneeemouse :ph34r:

:whistle::P:D

This is the first house we've had with laminate floors.......oh, what a palarva I find them :( Feel shattered after dragging all the furniture out, sweeping EVERYWHERE and under everything, and then, having to go round and mop the lot :wacko: Plus within an hour they look dusty again :tearful:

Don't mind cleaning other than that really, even find ironing quite relaxing :hypno: Must admit though, I do have to take a deep breath before entering youngest dd's room....tends to look like Armageddon :rolleyes:

Emily, I have a little caddy too :ph34r:

Now gardening and cooking........I'd definately employ someone to do those if I could :P

Cleaning the toilet ...in no time with spray and brush. But carrying the shopping bags with bottles and all from the car to the 2nd floor (flat) is slowly killing me. DS doesn'r help a single bit. !

:tearful:

C.

Hate ironing, I iron, put it away, next children have gone through

their cupboards and screwed everything up.

and cleaning the toilet, why can't boys aim properly ?

Hate ironing, I iron, put it away, next children have gone through their cupboards and screwed everything up.

and cleaning the toilet, why can't boys aim properly ?

I still get complained at for screwing up all the ironing in my draws by my mum and I'm 24. I'm really careful when I go through it too. She has given up ever asking me to find anything in the airing cuboard.

And toilets. We can aim properly. Honest. Its just water splashes out when you flush it. :)

No have heard both those complaints from my mum myself fairly often. Having said that I'm still pampered (guess why I'm still at home). Get a pack lunch everyday, breakfast and tea when I get in.

Another complaint from my friend about my time in Kenya was I still managed to get into the situation where I didn't have to look after myself. Employed a house girl for the time I was out there who got the work for the first bit of time I was out there. Then was adopted by a family for the second bit. Organiser was rather suprised when I moved in with them. Even more suprised that I kept at it. Gave myself one nice walk to school each morning. Got me fit though. Pity I didn't manage to stay that way when I got back.