TheNeil

My Wonderful Life

Morning people.

Been away for a loooonnnnngggggg time so figured that it would be polite to let everyone know what's been happening in Neil-land. Actually it's more what's been happening in Neil-and-Emily-land as that's one of the big changes that's happened since I was last able to post.

Emily has now moved in with me and the GPs and the four of us are now happily chewing carrots, eating green beans and running around Harrogate. Everything is going great, the two Aspies are causing merry hell and are well and truly glued to each other at every possible second :wub:. I've even received the thumbs up from the in-laws :thumbs:

Work wise I've had to change jobs (again) after doing no work for nine weeks and being right royally <insert rude word here>ed off by a pair of idiotic Americans who had not the faintest idea about what to do with an Aspie :wallbash:. It took them over six weeks to sort out a PC for me - not good when you're a computer programmer (and they then had the audacity to complain when I wasn't doing any work :o). So I'm now working back in Harrogate, it takes me seven minutes to get to/from work and it's doing what I'm actually good at.

So, update over I can now get back to coming up with non-sensical links on the Word Association thread, insulting anyone and everyone by being an uncaring, idiot who misses the point of things, asking pointless questions about pasta shapes and...pretty much what I was up to before I had to go on my three month 'sabatical'.

Can I now please re-join polite society? :notworthy::pray:

I never knew we were 'Polite Society' but welcome back anyway!

It's really nice to see your life coming together after having such a hard time last year.

Simon

Edited by mossgrove

I never knew we were 'Polite Society' but welcome back anyway!

Maybe I am stretching the term slightly :devil:

Well hello there sweetie, how nice to hear from you!

Really pleased you and Emily are doing so well and are happily cohabiting. I do like a happy middle bit. Glad work's better too - it all seems to be coming together in Neil-land, long may it continue.

Karen

x

Can I now please re-join polite society? :notworthy::pray:

Absolutely not. You've been banished from fairyland for good for being a very naughty fairy. :shame:

What do you mean that's the wrong story????

You have been naughty - You know exactly how to spell my name, with every letter, in the correct order. :angry::fight: :fight: Getting others to use it incorrectly isn't clever or funny, so you're being kicked out of fairyland. :devil: You're clearly a bad influence on polite society. :lol: :lol: :P

Seriously though - glad things are going well and it's good to see you back.

Mumb :)

Glad all is lovey dovey :wub: , so pleased you found each other :thumbs: , sorry but I,m a hopeless romantic and "they all live happily ever after "type person :whistle: , so you,ve made my day .THANKYOU!!

Big hello and hugs to you and Emily. Good to hear all is going well for you both and the GP's :thumbs:

Now, enough of the polite chit chat....when is the next Northern Meet Up Mr TN? :whistle:

Hi TN -

sorry 'workin' for the yankee dollar' didn't work out, but on the plus side it's reassuring to know that you ain't missing out and that you are where you want to be - There's a lot to be said for that! :D

Polite society?? Don't make me larff, I've got chapped lips!

L&P

BD :D

Welcome back to insanity (I think that is nearer the mark - at least in my case).

Glad to hear things are going well. Another Northern meet would be great. Though I won't make one till after summer now. There is so much gossip to catch up on. I hope Emily hasn't left the forum for good (after reading one of her last posts she said she was). Glad to hear that it sounds like you have found a place of work that is suited to you. Most of the way through your book. Made the mistake of leaving it around a friends house (who has now nicked it and almost completed it) so not finished yet. It is entertaining at times and makes me feel sorry at others. All that a good book should. :) Starting to rabbit on now (hope you all know what that means). Anyways glad your back. :D

Welcome back and glad to hear that work and personal life are going well - long may it continue. :)

K x

Wow, sounds like things are going brilliantly for you at the mo, that's great news. You sound so different. :thumbs::notworthy:

Glad to hear you're keeping up with the running. I ran a 10k last month! :)

~ Mel ~

Hello Neil, dont know you v well as I'm still fairly new here but have been getting to know Emily who is lovely!

I would love a northern meet as I cant get to any of the others, any chance of it being in the north west, I'm thinking maybe manchester/liverpool, or at a pinch West yorkshire?

Oh & welcome back btw!

:D

Welcome back, you certainly have been missed, well by me anyway !!!!

So very pleased to hear all is going well, especially the Emily bit :wub::wub::wub:

Looking forward to you posting again.

Clare x

Edited by Clare63

welcome back TN, i've only been back online a few days so only just heard about you and emily but am so pleased for you both

KJ

Well I think you lot have just proven why this is the best ASD forum there is :notworthy:

Thanks for all the well wishes etc.

Rest assured that I will do my very best to live up to my reputation. So...what's everyone's favourite potato shape? :lol:

Awwwwwwwwwwww you've made me go all soppy smiley! :wub::wub:

Very, very pleased you've found each other :wub::D

(Quite partial to ickle baby potatos here ;):) )

:thumbs: Hey, I was being to wonder where you two had gone! Excellent news with the job, hope you have found a place you can feel happy in ;)

It's so fantastic about you and Emily, very pleased for you both.

Now....my favourite potato shape is wafer thin and crispy :lol:

A x