CEJesson

I got into University!

Hey everyone, I havent posted in here for a while but havent forgotten it!

I know results day was last Thursday but I can say that after all that worry I had, I have got into the University of Sheffield to do Town Planning! Yay! Slightly lower grades than needed but they let me in regardless which was very nice.

May I take this opportunity to say congratulations to other members who have got into University this year.

Chris

:thumbs::groupwave::thumbs:

Well done, excellent news! I hope youu are feeling suitably smug. :D

I went to a conference at Sheffield University a few years ago, the food was brilliant :eat:

(and I'm very fussy about my dinner)

thanks everyone, course I shall be around, the trials and tribulations of university life will be shown! I intend to help out anyone who is at university or has a son or daughter going through later education. Of course i'll have my own difficulties but we can work together on this:)

Hi Chris >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

You have done us proud :thumbs::notworthy: awesome news. Its lovely news, you must be over the moon with joy. Well done you, :thumbs:

Are you Chris (male) or (female) sorry can't remember if you are Christopher or Christine, both lovely names.

I am all excited for you, I remember that day I received the letter in the post to say I was accepted into Uni its a rush of mixed emotions I remember very clearly - I laughed, danced then cried. :lol: and did it over and over. :lol:

Well done, you have earned this >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

love

Frangipani xx

Im chris as in Christopher:)

Ive got loads of forms to fill in now before I go, doing them as I type.

Congratulations!!! and Good Luck with university, it's great to hear such good news my son has Aspergers and Dyspraxia diagnosed at 13 yrs couldn't cope with school he is in a college now doing computer programing and hopes to go on to university. Reading posts like yours gives me great hope.

Edited by Gus

Congratulations!!! and Good Luck with university, it's great to hear such good news my son has Aspergers and Dyspraxia diagnosed at 13 yrs couldn't cope with school he is in a college now doing computer programing and hopes to go on to university. Reading posts like yours gives me great hope.

Thanks for the good luck:)

I have one question - has computer programming been your son's aspiration for a long while, even to the degree of an obsession? because I have wanting to take a career path in Town Planning for at least the past 5 years, and it stems back to drawing huge A1 Paper size maps and churches during and after primary school. I class Town Planning as an interest made into a near-obsession by my condition, which is a good thing really, I couldnt have wanted more than to get into Sheffield!

Hi again,To answer your question, my son lives with two obsessions his martial arts and computers and has always said he would like to do computers as a career. The course he's doing also involves game design.

At the moment he goes to college and sits at a computer all day( which is what he always did at home) then goes to martial arts evening and weekends. It's his dream come true!

Edited by Gus

By the way.I think having these obsessions has helped him get to where he wanted to be in life.

Edited by Gus

Your lad sounds like mine Gus - he does taekwondo & has a Btec in IT.

Sorry to hijack thread, Chris!

No problem regarding the thread hijack! Maybe I could create a thread on this actually as its a very important subject.

Hi again,To answer your question, my son lives with two obsessions his martial arts and computers and has always said he would like to do computers as a career. The course he's doing also involves game design.

At the moment he goes to college and sits at a computer all day( which is what he always did at home) then goes to martial arts evening and weekends. It's his dream come true!

Ahh great, and does this make him a more confident and relaxed person as a result?

By the way.I think having these obsessions has helped him get to where he wanted to be in life.

I agree totally on this one, having my obsession has made me a more motivated person. Without an interest in geography and related subjects I would be stuck in a rut I think.

Edited by CEJesson

Your lad sounds like mine Gus - he does taekwondo & has a Btec in IT.

Sorry to hijack thread, Chris!

The martial arts my son does tae kwon do !

Ahh great, and does this make him a more confident and relaxed person as a result?

Yeah it sure does. His life was going nowhere two years ago but now at 16 he is so confident and not worrying about the future all the time.

Well done Chris.

Im also a student with aspergers at Sheffield uni but I do nursing.

Just a coincidental observation but the department your course is based in is placed literally on the opposite side of the road as the local NHS asperger councilling service at St Georges.

The martial arts my son does tae kwon do !

Woohoo! What grade is he? (Pretty high I should think with the hours he puts in) JP is red tag, aiming for black belt next year if all goes well.

Oops I did it again, sorry Chris! :o