Flora

All wrapped up and ready

I'm going to be smug. :P I have all the presies wrapped up. The house is immaculate. 2 out of 3 kids broke up from school (well Bill's tutor did her last day yesterday until January.. if you can call that breaking up), just Ben left who breaks up tomorrow.

I'm well into my little treat to myself which is a half bottle of Courvoisier cognac.... already half gone.. though it has taken me since last Saturday to drink that much... just a tiny tot every night to help me relax... purely medicinal :whistle:

Anybody else in the christmas smug club? or is everyone doing what I normally do which is panic buy at the last minute, and stay up until 2am on Christmas eve wrapping presents??? :rolleyes:

Flozza XX

I finished wrapping/labelling ben's prezzies last night and was well pleased with myself... Came up to the bedroom to put washing away etc, then got distracted and then off to bippity...

Then i woke up at about 2 in the morning and realised I'd forget to re-hide the prezzies back in the wardrobe :o They were all piled up on the sofa in the living room :o:o

Ben ALMOST awoke to an early Xmas :rolleyes:

L&P

BD :D

That was a close call BD :o:lol:

All pretty much done and dusted here too, always horribly organised, loads of lists floating around....it's the food shop which scares me. I've seen sprout rage...and it's not pretty :shame:

Shurrup you lot, I'm feeling really inadequate now :lol:

Have so far only wrapped JPs presents, I still have local cards to write, & the rest of the food to buy this morning, PLUS I am supposed to intuit when S is visiting & cater accordingly :rolleyes:

Oh yes, & theres still the tree to put up & the house to clean.

Presents? Wrapping? What the...oh <insert rude word here>...

<insert sound of man panicking and working out how to go shopping and whether Emily would appreciate something from a service station>

Yes please :wine: one more day, I am usually organised but still adding the final touches.

Christmas is down the South Coast so its my year off :D The smoke signals are out that we are going down and many relatives are coming out to see us. Really love being around them :)

Edited by Frangipani

<insert sound of man panicking and working out how to go shopping and whether Emily would appreciate something from a service station>

It's OK, they (whoever 'they' are) say that it's the thought that counts. So just tell Emily you thought about getting her a pressie and that should be fine. :unsure:

Christmas is one time when Aspies can turn literal interpretation to their advantage and generally get away with it . . .

Failing that there's some smelly perfume shop type place somewhere in London which has introduced a 'Men Only' lane - they reckon men can go in, be served with an appropriate gift for a loved one, have it gift-wrapped, pay and leave in under two minutes . . . :rolleyes:

Failing that there's some smelly perfume shop type place somewhere in London which has introduced a 'Men Only' lane - they reckon men can go in, be served with an appropriate gift for a loved one, have it gift-wrapped, pay and leave in under two minutes . . . :rolleyes:

Ahem...Harrogate. This the frozen north we're talking about and I work in the middle of nowhere anyway :whistle:

[i am just joking anyway, being me I had everything bought before the start of December - not a cat in hell's chance I brave the 'happy throng' and leave present buying to the last minute]

I'm all done with prezzies but house is definitely not immaculate! I have to admit I keep a fairly tidy house anyways but I've been poorly the past few days and my hubby has been in control so its not quite as tidy as normal ;-)

Will be back in full swing soon though and all sorted before tuesday!

Lynne x

I've got all the prezzies bought and the kids are wrapped, half the house is done, just got to make some (more!) mince pies and the sausage rolls, think hubby is getting the booze and then I'm done! YEEHAA! :dance: (celebrated too soon the cat has just undecorated the tree yet again! silly old fool shes really too old for that now!)

Went to supermarket today :o fighting for car park spaces, couldn't move in aisles, couldn't reach shelves, very long queues......don't know how youngest dd managed, I was close to losing it by the time I'd reached the second aisle :wallbash: Thankfully didn't have to do a full Christmas shop, it was like hell on earth!

Went to supermarket today :o fighting for car park spaces, couldn't move in aisles, couldn't reach shelves, very long queues......don't know how youngest dd managed, I was close to losing it by the time I'd reached the second aisle :wallbash: Thankfully didn't have to do a full Christmas shop, it was like hell on earth!

Well done to your dd :thumbs: I went to the supermarket really early this morning and it was already packed - there were quite a few people with two trolleys - pushing one and pulling the other :wacko: I thought that perhaps some nuclear attack had been forewarned and people were stocking up their underground bunkers for several years . . .

bought all the pressies

wrapped most of them

but tomorrow going to go and do battle at asda with OH and DS

just glad they have the special needs trollies there mind on the down side will end up with 2 trolleys

Just back, ###### but unbowed, from Tesco. What doesnt get bought now will stay unbought.

Just realised I didnt get enough onions :wallbash:

Have just wrapped mr pearls & mum's presents so feel a bit more organised.

Guess what? His ancient copy of Christmas Carol was falling apart. I found a lovely replacement in the sales last year & have hidden it away for the last 11 months. A coupla days ago he says, I've ordered A Christmas Carol from the Amazon sale! :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: WHY do peeps buy themselves stuff just before Christmas??

I did the Christmas food shop this morning, so everything done now apart from I forgot to buy carrots :rolleyes: . Thank heavens for the T*sco Express petrol station around the corner from me :notworthy: . If they haven't got any, we'll have to go without.

I've been having a glass or two of Tia Maria every night this week. My aunt brought a bottle of it for me as an early prezzie, so it would be rude not to drink it, wouldn't it? ;)

Annie

xx

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> That hour I spent reading a book whilst waiting for my internet shop delivery which was late does not feel so bad now. :lol:

I've been having a glass or two of Tia Maria every night this week. My aunt brought a bottle of it for me as an early prezzie, so it would be rude not to drink it, wouldn't it? ;)

Annie

xx

Just one or two dear.

I say the same thing...alas the wine box is rather empty :D:whistle::whistle::whistle:

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> That hour I spent reading a book whilst waiting for my internet shop delivery which was late does not feel so bad now. :lol:

:lol::notworthy:

I've never been brave enough to do a Christmas shop online......have nightmares of all the dinner being substituted with something inedible :unsure:

We booked to eat out one year, decided to treat ourselves, and contacted a local pub months in advance, for the full works, Christmas Day. We were so excited, no slaving over hot stove...yay..........got to pub, they denied all knowledge of our booking, said they weren't even doing Christmas Day dinner :o The fella behind the bar, who'd taken my booking, refused to even admit it :shame: We went home, and had nothing in :( I'm sure DH wondered if I'd finally lost my marbles :shame: Luckily my sister rang, and when she found out what had happened, invited us all over to hers, which was about 1 1/2 away, so we all piled into the car and had a fab day.

Wrote a letter of complaint to the brewery, and got a free voucher for a meal :thumbs:

Still can't understand to this day why they did what they did :blink:

Edited by Bagpuss

:rolleyes::rolleyes: Ah.I was not brave enough to leave important bits to an internet order.But did cut out the boring bits...washing up liquid,veg,toiletries etc.Although I may wish I had done an internet order when I brave the shops for the meat and pudding. :lol::lol:

.......I suppose i should start the pressie shopping tomorrow......been having major hoohaa with the LEA and it sort of took over my whole week... and the house looks like stig of the dumps place........but on the up side...I have a bottle of port and lemon and a curry on it's way.........I really should be more organised...whoops....where have I heard that one before..............??????????????

After hours battling everyone and their granny we couldn't be bothered to do the food shop..........

Now i have to go tommorrow :crying::crying:

'Tis the season to be stroppy, fa, lalalala, lala, lala................'

:rolleyes:

I've never been brave enough to do a Christmas shop online......have nightmares of all the dinner being substituted with something inedible

"I'm afraid we have run out of turkey & hope the substitution of tripe will be acceptable" :o:sick::D

There was me feeling sooo together - just realised I havent got anything to eat for Sunday! :rolleyes: Oh well thats why God invented takeaways.

I was so determined to get a turkey that had had a happy and healthy life, and the only one I could get weighs nearly 20lb. We'll be eating it for weeks!!! turkey currey, turkey soup, etc. :unsure:

the only one I could get weighs nearly 20lb.

:o Will that fit in the oven??? Or will you be roasting it slowly outside over an open fire? :lol::eat:

Well, my holiday has started.

All I have to do now is...

clean the whole house

tidy up the garden

put up and decorate the tree

buy wrapping paper

wrap the presents

do the food shopping

send out some more christmas cards

and organise OH's birthday party, on Christmas eve.

Last minute? me?

clean the whole house

tidy up the garden

buy wrapping paper

wrap the presents

do the food shopping

Last minute? me?

Well you've just cheered me up immensely, Bard! :lol:

I was so determined to get a turkey that had had a happy and healthy life, and the only one I could get weighs nearly 20lb. We'll be eating it for weeks!!! turkey currey, turkey soup, etc. :unsure:

Small tip I saw on Jamie Oliver last night...

Geese, apparently, are so 'sensitive' about their living conditions that they can't be intensive farmed... If you plump for goose, then by definition it'll have had a free-range, relatively stress free life :)...

One of the few living creatures I haven't eaten, but given the fat to meat ratio and 'the life equatic' they lead my guess is they'll taste more like duck too - which is a squillion times nicer than cardboard turkey anyway!

Or you could just follow mine and ben's example - we're having kangaroo steaks :)

L&P

BD :D

we're having kangaroo steaks :)

:eat: :eat: Puts a whole new perspective on Christmas jumpers...

The trouble with goose is that it is all red meat. This doesn't bother me, but I know a lot of kids only like white meat.

:eat::eat: Puts a whole new perspective on Christmas jumpers...

The trouble with goose is that it is all red meat. This doesn't bother me, but I know a lot of kids only like white meat.

As the lady famously said 'Let them eat (Christmas) cake'! :lol:

The turkey I got has definately lived a full and happy stress free life. The farm shop where I bought it from even showed me where it had lived and what it had eaten... all very good.

talking of kangaroos I have a very poor joke....

What's round, green and skips through the outback?

Skippy the cooking apple :unsure:

tee hee.

Flozza XX

What's round, green and skips through the outback?

Skippy the cooking apple :unsure:

:huh:

Why am I laughing? :lol: - it's not even funny . . . :P

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::clap::clap: ............flippin like that one ........that is my type of a joke simple and easy to understand.........bit like me really!

..........well I,m done here............pressies done , :thumbs: a few bits to get from tesco,s tomorrow but not much.House is a bit of a mess :ph34r: .But I can,t be bothered now :whistle: ........I,m too knackered :hypno: after cleaning all the pets out :robbie::george: , out -side.We took delivery of a lovely cockerel called Basil this week who is as happy as larry with his selection of duck and chickens we have :wub: .He,s been crowing all flippin morning been awake since 5 :rolleyes: (I thoughht they were,nt supposed to do it till sunrise).Took me 3 hrs to clean all the hutches and stable!! :ninja: When I came in a while ago I discovered the two youngest had baked fairy cakes as a suprise!!..........Theres flour everywhere !!..............just eaten four of them :eat: while I typed this...theyre a bit sunken and crusty on top but taste jolly nice.Roll - on christmas .......can,t wait!! :thumbs:

Life just got better, I've unwrapped my teacher presents and lots of them are alcoholic or chocolate or both.

It's nice to get prezzies from children you no longer teach, they're the ones that were really meant, rather than the

" guilt, 'suppose we ought to " ones.

I'm mulling a bottle of red to help me face the vacuum cleaner after several weeks of it slumbering undisturbed.

Suze, I'm a bit worried about Basil eyeing up your ducks, are you trying to create a hybrid that satisfies Baddad and Mumble? :unsure:

We're having venison for Christmas day, duck for Christmas eve. Roast pork for Boxing day ( We knew it as a piglet, my children are not sentimental about their food) :wub: not.

As a veggie, I'll stick to wine and chocolate!

Off to drag the reluctant vacuum from its hidey-hole under the stairs, hope it doesn't bite.

Haha, I don't have to do any food shopping at all! We're off to grandma and grandads' and they'll do all cooking and pampering for next three days! DH's sis is providing Xmas din dins while Jay sits in another room with his cream cheese sandwich. :whistle: We won't even have to do any washing up as G&G have a dishwasher. Tra le la. :whistle::lol:

~ Mel ~

clean the whole house

tidy up the garden

buy wrapping paper

wrap the presents

do the food shopping

Last minute? me?

I've done the ones I've coloured in...and three rooms of the house are shiny and clutter-free. I've also taken 6 bagfulls of books and stuff to the charity shops. Now I need more wine. :wine:

I've done the food shopping!!! :dance:

Found a space straight away and parked right outside the doors.... It was very busy but managed to get around in record time.... got everything i needed..... turned to the checkout and a new one was opening - so i was first in the line!!

*Smug* B)

Tree is up :thumbs:

Unexpectedly large, do they grow after theyve been chopped? :unsure:

The living room looks beeeyuuuutiful, newly decorated, all sparkly & twinkly :wub:

I'm mostly organised, but it helps that I am not doing Christmas dinner at my place, and needing to buy it!

I hate the crowds, so I try to get all my shopping done early. I got the last bits last week, but it was hell. Was relieved I didn't have to do all of it on that day!

I work in a supermarket and it gets very busy in the run up to Christmas, so that's another reason to get it out of the way early.

This morning there was a queue of people around 25 metres long waiting when we opened the front doors. By the time I finished, I could barely get out!