Timekeeping/attendance

Following safe work practices

Attitude to work

Relationships with colleagues :notworthy:

Teamwork :notworthy:

Satisfactory in:

Motivation & confidence

And just one poor:

Initiative & ability to work alone. (But the additional comments were v understanding about this)

At one time the "poor" would have devastated him, & he'd have ignored all the good stuff, but not now, he was happy with the review.

He has spent the weekend creating a fab powerpoint presentation for college, going through what he does at work. Even included some jokes! He's nervous about doing it but its only 4 mins & he's well prepared.

And to end a pretty good day, he's got an invite to his colleagues 18th birthday bash in February!

I think we can safely say all that is pretty damn positive! :thumbs:

Wow.....JP has done so well, that's brilliant, as a fellow Mum I can totally understand the bits you are most chuffed with :notworthy: the bits I would probably be most worried about.

Clare x x x

That's really really great :clap: :clap: :clap:

At one time the "poor" would have devastated him, & he'd have ignored all the good stuff, but not now, he was happy with the review.

This is the thing I really struggle with and I'm determined to work on this year - any tips?

That's really really great :clap: :clap: :clap:

This is the thing I really struggle with and I'm determined to work on this year - any tips?

I dont think its a particularly AS thing Mumble, more of a personality trait, I think lots of us are inclined to focus on the one negative in a sea of positives. I think with JP it was that he felt the review was fair, & overwhelmingly positive, so he was able to cope with the one negative thing. And even that was qualified - they stressed he could do his routine tasks with minimal supervision, it was more the unfamiliar he struggled with. I suppose its looking at the overall picture & being satisfied with less than perfect, which he does find hard. Its about being "good enough" I suppose.

As for me, I am now really really trying not to worry & to enjoy this time - I thought, surely if there were major problems they would use a review to highlight them, & let me know if they were struggling with him. And they havent, so I am trying to go with the flow more & step back.

It dont come naturally! :ninja:

Wow, that's amazing, really great review. :thumbs::thumbs:

To get an excellent in 'relationhsips with colleagues' must be particularly pleasing for you, sounds like a dream come true. Enjoy. :notworthy:>:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

Thanks all!

Yes its flown by, Baggy. He starts his new placement next month.

Ooh forgot to add - he finally, after much nagging prompting from me, asked about claiming college expenses, & discovered he could claim lunch money as well as travel money even though he takes sandwiches!

What a lovely review, and with more experience, he may find that taking the initiative becomes a little less stressful.

You must be so proud of him, thank you for sharing!

Doesnt time fly when you're having fun!

All pretty good. He got excellent in:

Timekeeping/attendance

Following safe work practices

Attitude to work

Relationships with colleagues :notworthy:

Teamwork :notworthy:

Satisfactory in:

Motivation & confidence

And just one poor:

Initiative & ability to work alone. (But the additional comments were v understanding about this)

He has spent the weekend creating a fab powerpoint presentation for college, going through what he does at work. Even included some jokes! He's nervous about doing it but its only 4 mins & he's well prepared.

And to end a pretty good day, he's got an invite to his colleagues 18th birthday bash in February!

I think we can safely say all that is pretty damn positive! :thumbs:

Hi pearl ive only looked at this site a couple of tiem but i picked up what you were talking about my son is 23 nd i believe he is AS undiagnosed. He has not yet had a job that you can call a job and when he did always was let go. It really gives you that sinking feeling. its great to see that your son has had a good report, keep focusing on those posatives. welldone everyone

jenn

Hi jenn

Thankyou. I hope things start to look up for you & your son soon. Would he be interested in getting diagnosed so he can get support in his next job perhaps?

Thanks David. He didnt do his presentation today, the tutor said he needed a couple of extra slides outlining where he works & the mission statement. Thats where we are noticing the difference, at 6th form he'd have come home with clear notes explaining that. Still I reckon he did a pretty good job otherwise, & he can do it next week as they cant get through everyone at once.