witsend

son was 13 yesterday!

Hi - well Ds1 was 13 yesterday (Wow - how did that happen!?) and he had a really great day. He took a big cake into school and everyone enjoyed it, and the whole class was let off homework for the night because it was his birthday :thumbs: which really pleased him. I bought him (after much pester power) a dog (5yr old lurcher from dog rescue) and he is lovely really soft and freindly and luckily took to son straight away and follows him around and slept in his room - which is all son dreamed of! :thumbs:

My sister bought him a fish bubble lamp which he adores and in the evening we had pizza and watched a DVD (his choice - south park - awful - but he loved it) and that was that! Nothing tooo exciting but actually the best calmest birthday I can remember him having.

When I think back to the years of parties etc which were too much for him and ended in tears I'm just so glad those days are gone.

Right just wanted to share that - off to cuddle the dog while I get chance before son gets home :lol: .

Luv Witsend.

Aw, Witsend, that just sounds like the most perfect day. :wub: It's so nice when they can just do what they want to do and what makes them happy without having a load of pressure on them, isn't it. Really hope he bonds strongly with his doggy pal and they have many happy years of friendship together. >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

im still quite shocked that steve is 14,it goes so quick dont it,glad he had a lovely day,what did he call the dog?

Happy Birthday wishes, your post is lovely and I am so pleased he had a really happy birthday, like wise birthdays in the past bring so much stress, tears and it really brings home what our children go throw, we have simple birthdays now too, but I loved the idea of the class having no homework for the evening.

now that he is a teenager has it gone really that fast too, J is 11 in a few months I cant imagine him a teenager in a couple of years, he is so much still like a young child, having social impairments really make it hard to believe they are really the age they are, Js tall but a young cheeky mister.

JsMum

Witsend, That sounds like such a nice birthday! :party:

So glad you all came through happy and relaxed! :clap:

We are seriously considering getting a dog for Ellis........will have to research lurchers now!

Ellisisazmazing, we've had 2 lurchers (amongst other dogs!) and have found them to be the best tempered the good thing is they don't have to have lots of long walks and are quite happy to stay in by the fire and be cuddled

Lurchers are gawjuss, they had two in the medieval castle we stayed in for my 50th birthday, they were so gentle & lovely & fitted the castle perfectly as they kind of look medieval, ooh I fell in love with them. And I'm not even that keen on dogs.

Thanks guys - the dog is still wonderful he's such a calm and freindly soul we love him to bits. :wub:

Hev - the dog was already called Charlie but son has changed ot to Marley (as in Bob) becasue he's so chilled out! :lol:

Js mum - I remember feeling exactly the same about my son a when he was 11, they really do change a lot in a couple of years - it's amazing.

Off to cuddle Marley again now :rolleyes:

Luv Witsend.

Oh what a lovely birthday. :thumbs:

HAPPY BELATED 13TH BIRTHDAY SUNSHINE - SO HAPPY TO HEAR YOU HAD A LOVELY PERFECT DAY AND WOW A TEENAGER NOW. :thumbs:

:dance::party::dance:

My Daniel's 13th birthday is next Tuesday (15th Jan), can't believe my baby will be a teenager lol, and my older son will be 20 this year...... :tearful: lol.

All our lovely kids are growing up into lovely perfect adults. :thumbs:

Best wishes.

Di. xxxxxxx