Bagpuss

Valentines Day

DH and I have been together 18 years, and have always bought each other a card and a pressie/flowers etc. and usually have a nice meal that evening. It's one of those things, that once you start when your courting, it's difficult to stop.

But this year I don't know if I can be bothered :lol: Been wandering round shops, and don't feel inspired at all......feeling abit too old for it and I'm totally unromantic at the best of times :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm seriously considering asking DH if we can knock it on the head :ph34r:

How do you celebrate, if at all?

Edited by Bagpuss

I really like valentines day. Probably because I never got any valentine cards when i was younger.

We will prob just have a bottle of wine on the day and then at the weekend have a nice meal. Hubby works in the evenings as a trainee driving instructor.

Mind you Thursday nights are usually his quiz night that he goes to and he is not allowed this Thursday though i had to remind him why..................

when i first met nick valentines day was a week later,he got me a card which was meant to be a valentines but he got muddled up and the card said thinking of you on the front and on the inside it said i hope you have a speedy recovery!!!!

he hasent got me a card since but he makes up for his lack of romance with how lovely he is to me all the time :wub: i would love a card though,i do love romance

How I do love romance, but bless him my DH is ever the practical person, so have never had a card, flowers or choco's, he says they are a waste of money and a rip off. He did once buy me a catcus for our anniversary and a clump of soil which was suposed to contain some sort of roots to plant in the garden which would grow flowers.....but nothing came up.

Don't "knock it on the head" Baggy, keep the romance alive, my dear Mum and Dad still do valentines and I think its lovely.

Clare x x x

Yup we always celebrate. Mr p doesnt do spontaneous, but always remembers official stuff. For years he used to buy me a little bunch of snowdrops on V day :wub: but you cant find them anywhere these days.

I tend to have to remind dh its coming up :lol: but we like to go out for a meal a day later (its too busy on the day) and i love buying the cards :wub:

We always do cards and presents and put the kids to bed early and cook a special meal with candles on the table :wub: Mum and Dad still post their cards to each other and don't sign them after 30 odd years!

I'm now feeling riddled with guilt, and have been trying to make myself feel better online.....so far I've named a star for him, which should arrive in some sort of name a star gift box, and ordered him a personalised card.....one my usual sentimental worded ones......

"Dear Valentine.....I couldn't find roses.....so I bring thee a f*rt of love"

Rather apt for me eh? :whistle:

I did see some chocolate body paint, but thought it'd be pointless buying it..... I'm craving choccy so much, I'd just eat it straight from the jar... :P

:lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Bagpuss

Me and hub have been together, oh, let me see now, 23 years, can it really be THAT long??!! We usually buy each other a card, but last year I had mine all ready in my drawer for him and he said, we don't need to bother with all that, we know we love each other, and he didn't get me one! I was a bit hurt, tbh, but didn't let on I'd got him one. It's still in the drawer and I might even get it out this year and give it to him. We usually get each other Xmas cards but this year I didn't think he'd bother, so I didn't and, of course, he got me one, so can't win!! I think it's worse if one gets one and the other doesn't. It's funny really, part of me doesn't see the point of getting a V. card and then I'm upset when I don't get one! :whistle:

~ Mel ~

seans never been romantic so just useally get each other a card

bit boring really

id love to have a bit of romance at times :wub::wub:

love donnaxxxxx

Okay, now I'm feeling doubley pooh :rolleyes:

DH told me tonight that he'd booked a surprise night away, at a hotel in Keswick, on Wednesday to celebrate Valentines, and arranged for my mum to have the kids :o

He has had to tell me, because not only has he been so poorly he's only just made it out of bed this afternoon, but both girlies are also off school poorly.

He's worried he will have to cancel, but hoping everyone makes a miraculous recovery before Wednesday.

He know's there is not a hope in h*ll of me going away if both girles aren't fit and well.

I've warned him that I don't think youngest DD will be at school before then, and he should ring the hotel, and rearrange for next week, or week after, before we lose out completely, but he's adamant it will all be ok.

Feel so, so awful now.....there was me suggesting we cancel Valentines Day forever....and he'd planned a romantic night away :oops:

Boo Hiss Boo :shame:

Ooooooo what a sweetie, you lucky girl, do you think he could give my OH lessons :wub::wub::wub:

Whether you go this week or next, I hope you have a truly fabby time, you certainly deserve some spoiling.

>:D<<'>

Clare x x x

We're having veggie spag bol with ww puddings and the free bottle of cava we got from debenhams. After that we are going to watch the first episode of the new season of American Dad. :lol: Our version of a romantic night in. :thumbs:

when i first met nick valentines day was a week later,he got me a card which was meant to be a valentines but he got muddled up and the card said thinking of you on the front and on the inside it said i hope you have a speedy recovery!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

hev, so sorry just can't stop chuckling... that is bloomin' hillarious! :notworthy:

Flozza :lol:

Awwwwwwwwwwww baggy - your hubby sound lurvely :notworthy:

Found some really funny little cards - from the Filthy fairy company............. Don't think i can post what's written on them - but they is vairy funny! :shame::whistle::lol:

Bestest Valentines i can remember was being a broke student and sharing a Burger King on a park bench :huh: and nattering about this and that. It's not the food, wine, flowers or chocolates - it's the company :)

When I was buying mr p's card, I noticed one which said, to our daughter on Valentine's Day :o

Difficult as it is to remember back in the mists of time when I was about 15, I would think the one thing worse than not receiving a Valentine at all would be receiving one from my parents!

We are definately not going :(

Both DD's still off school, and DH isn't that great either.

He has rang hotel, and we are still being charged, because it's half term there apparantly, and not enough notice of cancellation. :rolleyes:

Never mind eh.....

Cheers Mel, not to worry, we'll just have to arrange something for another time :)

I think DH was pushing his luck thinking he could plan a surprise night away.....and nothing go wrong....our lives are total mayhem and chaos at the best of times :lol::lol:

whenever i read posts about your dh baggy he just sounds so lovely and supportive :thumbs:

nicks just told me hes taking me out sat night to celebrate valentines day :o i hadent bothered mentioning it cos hes not normally into,kids sleeping out as well :thumbs: AND hes just told me hes booked whole of next week off to help me with k and s on half term and he wants just him and steve to go out on a few trips on their own,that is lively :thumbs:

whenever i read posts about your dh baggy he just sounds so lovely and supportive :thumbs:

nicks just told me hes taking me out sat night to celebrate valentines day :o i hadent bothered mentioning it cos hes not normally into romance,kids sleeping out as well :thumbs: AND hes just told me hes booked whole of next week off to help me with k and s on half term and he wants just him and steve to go out on a few trips on their own,that is lovely :thumbs:

nicks just told me hes taking me out sat night to celebrate valentines day :o i hadent bothered mentioning it cos hes not normally into,kids sleeping out as well :thumbs: AND hes just told me hes booked whole of next week off to help me with k and s on half term and he wants just him and steve to go out on a few trips on their own,that is lively :thumbs:

Oh Hev, your Nick sounds absolutely fab :thumbs::thumbs: Have a lovely time.

Hope you manage to have some kind of celebration, Baggy, despite not going away.

K x

Edited by Kathryn

Ohhhhhhhhhhh now that idea i like :bounce: - maybe me, hev, lya, bid, suze, et all can come along too - just to keep you company you understand....?? :D:clap::clap:

As for Valentines - got a vairrrrrrrry nice picture from sis-in-law of what she would like for valentines.... :whistle::devil:

I will have to forward said picture on to all of my friends - purely as a straw poll as to who else would like similar as a gift - not quite sure where you'd stick the bow though................... :o:devil::shame:

When I was buying mr p's card, I noticed one which said, to our daughter on Valentine's Day :o

Spotted one today that was from the dog (PET dog i hasten to add..... :unsure: ......) and another from the cat!?! And another that was to 'My lovely gran' - :sick: I had visions of a famous footballer who had a thang for the older laydee :sick:

Ohhhhhhhhhhh now that idea i like :bounce: - maybe me, hev, lya, bid, suze, et all can come along too - just to keep you company you understand....?? :D:clap::clap:

As for Valentines - got a vairrrrrrrry nice picture from sis-in-law of what she would like for valentines.... :whistle::devil:

I will have to forward said picture on to all of my friends - purely as a straw poll as to who else would like similar as a gift - not quite sure where you'd stick the bow though................... :o:devil::shame:

You know, I'd love to go away by meself, with a load of good books.....bliss :D

Can't wait to see piccie :clap: Who needs a bow :lol:

Spotted one today that was from the dog (PET dog i hasten to add..... :unsure: ......) and another from the cat!?! And another that was to 'My lovely gran' - :sick: I had visions of a famous footballer who had a thang for the older laydee :sick:

There is something really :sick: about sending your daughter or granny a valentines. One of our neighbours sent our dog a valentines one year, from their dog, with an actual pawprint inside. We didn't even know them particularly well, and hardly spoke to each other :unsure::unsure: There are some strange peeps about :wacko:

I remember when I was young and in my first job it was Valentine's Day and I came in from my lunchbreak with a bunch of flowers I'd bought. 'Who are they for, your boyfriend?', they asked me. 'No, they're for my Mum', was my response. They gave me some strange looks and exchanged glances with each other and I didn't realize why until later. Of course, I hadn't explained that I'd got them for my Mum's birthday, which was the day after VD! They probably thought I was a right weirdo! Oh, forgot, I am! :whistle::lol:

~ Mel ~

baggy.............you have a text..................

happy valentines :lol:

friends said as she was on a budget.......she would only consider purchasing if it was a BOGOF deal...... :devil::lol: )

No text here Smiley, but may have changed number since last time........ :unsure: My phone doesn't have piccie facility either....it's the most basic model :lol:

Will just have to use my imagination.....can you give me a more detailed description? :whistle:

There is something really :sick: about sending your daughter or granny a valentines. One of our neighbours sent our dog a valentines one year, from their dog, with an actual pawprint inside. We didn't even know them particularly well, and hardly spoke to each other :unsure::unsure: There are some strange peeps about :wacko:

Mel might get one from the snails, mind you theyd have to plan well in advance, would take them 6 months to crawl to the shop :lol: