Suze

earthquake??

Just been woken up by a horrible shaking and rumbling....................windows were rattling and the dog whined :tearful: ...................sadly the earth moving had nothing to do with my hubby who snored his way through it :whistle: (typical!).............so freaked out I can,t sleep and I,m scared it,ll happen again.Just checked all my babies and been outside to check my animals too................................anyone else feel it or am I going bonkers :tearful:

Suze,

No the earth hasn't moved for me down in Hertfordshire - quite a long way from you! I wonder what it was?

Hope you're OK and you manage to get back to sleep.

>:D<<'>

K x

................they are trying to locate the epi-centre.................it was in my flippin bedroom :tearful: .............the noise was scary..........loud rumbling ...really weird...........can,t sleep now :rolleyes:

My dh was watching TV, and he said he felt something just a small vibration and the lampstand moved a bit. :unsure:

They've just mentioned it briefly on BBC News 24 - felt in Darlington, Cheshire, Nottingham and London, apparently! It must have been scary, Suze. Last time I was woken up like that, it was the Buncefield oil depot exploding 8 miles away.

K x

me too!! the epicenter was 15 miles north of lincoln and im in lincoln so i felt it quite badly.scared the hell outta me :crying: .4.7 on the scale thingy

I used to work in Widnes and an earthquake struck. I worked up on the 6th floor of the building and when it hit the wall moved and no one said anything but we all just ran down the stairs all 6 floors without anyone saying anything.

Scary stuff at the time. I now have a house in an earhquake zone that is specially built to withstand quakes and the quakes are quite regular and are just treated as a normal part of life.

I felt it - I was scared stiff. Everything really rumbled and shook really badly and I could still feel everything shaking for ages afterwards. I couldn't get back to sleep.

Thought I was imagining it cos everything looks so normal this morning but news on AOL confirms earth tremor 5.2 epicentre Lincoln...............

God it was horrible!!!!! :tearful:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,332897,00.html

Shame on you lot :(:dance::dance::dance: having a party a forgeting to invite me :whistle::whistle: I have friends in high places you know. :whistle::lol: :lol: :lol: what were you doing, hip hop or the chicken dance. Had to be hip hop! I feel the earth move under my feet..... :whistle::lol: do the twist...... :dance: do the bird :dance: shaky shaky baby....

Gosh turn my back for 5 minutes :thumbs::P:D

:rolleyes:

The earth moved for me last night, yep!! :o It was very weird!! I thought my cat was on the bed and was scratching herself and making the bed rock or something. Earlier in the evening I'd been watching a video and had turned the tape machine off and about half an hour later the tape suddenly started rewinding even thought the machine was off. Then I turned it on and it stopped, I turned it off again and it started rewinding again!! :o I was very spooked and puzzled when the bed shook, I couldn't understand what was happening and then I remembered the tape thing earlier and I thought we had a poltergeist or something, no kidding!! :lol: Didn't get much sleep after that!! :o

~ Mel ~

The epi-centre was literally up the road from where my Mum lives :( I haven't been able to contact her - she never understands how much I worry about such things :(

just saw it on this morning,one man is in hospital cos his chimney collapsed :o

Well under those circumstances I'm not surprised! Terrible that he ended up in hospital though... Still, I expect the nurses had him up and about in a jiffy! :thumbs:

We felt it, mr pearl sat bolt upright in bed thinking it was morning so that woke me, then I felt the bed shake but was half asleep so didnt react.

I dont think I'd have remembered any of that if it hadnt been on the news.

Hi well it was here in middlesbrough too but I slept through it! lol loads of people have been asking me did I feel it? No I didn't!!! my mum did in thirsk, she said she was in bed and the bedside table and everything on it started rattling, she initially thought it was ghost lol!!

Well, this is now the second earthquake I've managed to sleep through!

First was in Greece many moons ago, and last night I was at work but I was on my break so zzzzz.

The sleep-in Nurse at work was woken by her bed shaking and the hangers rattling in the wardrobe, though...

Kellyanne had a boogley moment a couple of hours earlier...I suggested it might have been like animals who sense an earthquake before it happens, and she got quite offended!! ;):P:lol::devil:

Boho :dance:

I've just had a quick look at our local Gazette online, and it has lots of coverage. Apparantly people from the town I live in were affected :unsure:

All I can remember from last night is being woken up in the early hours by DS going to the loo :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'd fallen asleep on the sofa, so staggered upstairs to bed........and slept soundly till the alarm clock went off this morning :blink:

The sleep-in Nurse at work was woken by her bed shaking and the hangers rattling in the wardrobe, though...

Boho :dance:

Not Linda Blair by any chance?

Well we were well off target in Tunbridge Wells, but i swear I heard the leaves a-rustling and the hinges on the gate... Or was it......... :whistle:

Us Suvverners missed out.

I was awake at the time, and I didn't notice a thing. My cats were really nutty though, and they are normally fast asleep at that time. Animals often sense things like this, even when we don't.

I remember one in Shrewsbury in about 1989. I lived in the Midlands at the time, and I felt that one! My mum was reading a book about earthquakes for her Geology A Level while some men were upstairs fixing the shower, when everything started shaking. She didn't know whether the men were jumping up and down in the shower, or she was getting too absorbed in her book, but it was a real earthquake! It was smaller than this one though.

It woke me up. The whole room seemed to be shaking. I looked out the window, then looked back at my room and it was still shaking. It was then that I decided I wasn't dreaming! Girls slept through it !! Quite scary...