forbsay

Housework

Just a little question I want to ask re housework. I am currently working full time and hubby is training to be a driving instructor. He works about 20 hours per week. I feel as though I am always ranting about the state of the house.

Tonight i came home, he had done the bare minimum in the housework line and had spent the rest of the time cleaning his 2 golf clubs that he is going to sell................

i do all the housework in our house.........

my other half had the day off today and did nothing!!!!

am allways moaning about the state of the house

i work 2 15hr shifts a week and the other times im not at work i look after my freinds children a 7yr old 6yr old and a 3yr old as well as my 2 (must be mad lol)

love donnaxxxx

Me: washing, bathroom cleaning, grocery shopping, household finances, cooking Mon-Fri. I work 20 hours a week & run my mums house too.

Mr p: ironing, hoovering, washing floors, emptying bins, weekend cooking. He works full time.

JP: sole charge of dishwasher & looks after his own room.

Me....although in fairness, I don't work, so I suppose it'd be really cheeky and lazy to ask DH to help.......not that I haven't already tried of course...yup, no shame, that's me :shame:

Well, now you've set me off!!

I'm hating the state of my house at the mo :crying:

Only managed to get one of the new rooms downstairs decorated, so the rest of the house is still largely in boxes, as it's in too much of a state to unpack properly (we moved at the end of Nov).

I have half a wardrobe in my room, the other one is still in its box in the kitchen doorway and has been for about 6 weeks :crying:

I work full-time on nights, but do the majority of the housework, or not, because I don't have time or I'm too tired or I'm trying to decorate (which I do all of too).

The kids have a list of the reasonable jobs they are meant to do, which they don't, and my DH will happily do things but only if I ask, not because he ever notices that anything needs hoovering/cleaning/building/painting, etc, etc, etc...so it all has to be in my head too :crying:

AND there is still a hole in the ceiling of the girlies' room where Auriel put both legs through just after Christmas...although the plasterer is finally coming on Sat.

Everyone leaves piles of cr*p everywhere which they just move from one place to another when asked to put them away, and if I step on anymore LEGO in bare feet I shall KILL!!

There, bet you wished you'd never asked :angry::fight::lol:

Boho :fight:

On a cheery note, though, the young lad on my night team has just told me I'm looking, and I quote, 'deliciously svelte'!! :clap::dance::wub::lol:

Me Me Me but I work from home. When I worked fulltime I would have to work once a month for three days till 10pm/midnight :wacko: so I had a nanny and a housekeeper come fortnightly to give me one week off - so I had quality time with my children. Plus a gardener.

These days normally me I find it relaxing. My kids share the chores every now and then - it all gets done thoroughly weekly but we like it that way. Love the fresh citrus smell wafting through the house. Wood polish smells yummy :wacko:

Fran x

Currently .................................. no one. God my house is a tip.

At last, another hopeless case just like me!

Thank you, thank you. I was feeling sadly unique.

In my next life, I shall have staff...

Both of us. We take it in turns to wash up, change cat litter, do clothes washing. At the moment it is gfs turn to change the cat litter, and wash up so it is really smell in here and we've run out of crockery and cuttlery to use, almost mugs which considering how many we have is a big pile waiting. Our flat is always in the process of being tidied, considering there is only the two of us we don't know how it gets so messy!

We have got to eventually sort through all this stuff, I reckon just in time for us to move in September :lol:

Edit: There are some tidy areas depending on which areas we like to sort, the bookshelves and dvd shelves for one. My clothes are another, if only I was this organised with my uni work I wouldn't be worrying about trying to find it all :lol:

Edited by ScienceGeek

Well, as I live by myself, I don't get a lot of choice!

The Ex was too distractible to do anything of use, so I did it all then too, only I had to clear up his junk as well, and there was a hell of a lot of it.

i do cleaning hoovering dusting most of the housework and dh does all the diy jobs and a fair bit of washing up :notworthy: Also if i asked him to do a job he would !! I normally leave him the bins :sick:

Currently .................................. no one. God my house is a tip.

At last, another hopeless case just like me!

Thank you, thank you. I was feeling sadly unique.

In my next life, I shall have staff...

No Bard and KateBall, you are not alone.

No one told me housework was part of the deal when I got a family. :crying:

Everyone gets fed and has clean clothes and that's about all I manage on a daily basis. With a glass of wine in my hand, or when there's something good on the radio, I can sometimes manage a bit more housework. :unsure::rolleyes:

One day I dream of being able to walk in a straight line through my house without having to deviate round stuff on the floor. :lol:

I'm just hopeless at seeing what needs to be done or getting round to it. And I really, really can't see the point of housework. :(

K x