baddad

Blummin Ada!

Blimey, wasn't Dr Roo good tonight!? OK, they went by the numbers a bit, but they hit every one - and they threw some interesting curveballs into the equation on the way!

Best line on TV this week - 'Do you wanna swap?' (Bernard Cribbens to Billie Piper) and only moments before I'd twigged the best 'in' joke i've seen on TV in years - did anyone else spot it?

Also - Elizabeth Sladen/Sarah Jane Smith (aka 'I've sprained my ankle ow ow ow'), I'm 100% certain I've spotted her Nissan figaro driving around TW a couple of times... next time i'm gonna look a lot closer! SJS was my fantasy girl during that 'difficult' period (a point of interest - her succesor - Leela - lives on the outskirts of town, but i never really fancied her - sorry, Ms Jamieson! :()...

Now, that in joke - I'm fairly certain it was Bernard Cribbens who 'blinded' a dalek with paint (amongst other things - he also used a blancmange like pudding) in the 'Dalek Invasion Earth' movie of the sixties, and he was up to the same trick tonight! :lol:

No, I'm not a big Dr Roo fan - but my older brother had a huge crush on Roberta Tovey who was Dr Roo's assistant in the movie, so we did sit through it six times in rotation at Looey the Lion's Saturday Morning Cinema Show :) ...

PS: spotted Susan Stranks on a Yoof tv retrospective afterwards... SS used to be on 'Magpie' with Jenny Hanley, and I had problems deciding which of the two I fancied most (when I wasn't fancying Elizabeth Sladen)... Made oi laff to see that SS has turned into Josephine Tewson, who used to be a poor man's Joyce Grenfall in all of Ronnie Barker's early sit-coms!

Were there any spoilers regarding the regeneration? I hardly ever read a paper etc, so wouldn't know - but if they did manage to keep it a secret big thumbs :thumbs: all round :)

bighead i honestly didnt think there was anyone in this world more divvy than me,then i came on this forum and met you........fanx love,you make me seem normal :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Didn't ol' Bernie kill Daleks by soaking them with water last time round?

Not really into Dr Who meself, but Cal's mad keen on it. Just what I want to see, Billie Piper prancing about doing her 'serious' pout and waving about an oversized machine gun that looks like its been made from old toilet roll tubes and double-sided-sticky-back-plastic....... :D

However, nearly made the boys spill their dinner when I shouted 'LOOK!!!IT'S SHAUN'S MUM!!!'

(thon wife that was....erm...Shaun's mum in Shaun of the Dead.....Now THATS good entertainment!!!! :thumbs: )

Esther x

Everyone is Dr Who fans in this house, even OH whose Dr was William Hartnell! :o

B doesn't really care which actor plays the Dr, he was delighted by Daleks and very keen on watching the 'confidential' bit afterwards on BBC3.

G has disappeared up to her room to hide her broken heart at the thought of losing her Doctor.

No real spoilers yet, but there was a rumour that James Nesbitt wanted the part. :sick:

After this, there's going to be a looonnng break with a few specials thrown in, and the next series is in 2010.

:thumbs: yup we were on the edge of our seats too.

If he truly is regenerating, I will really miss David Tennant :tearful:

I really liked Christopher Eccleston, but thought DT even better.

Mr p once saw CE on a train to Manchester. They looked at each other & nodded :lol:

Planning to buy the DVDs with both of em (for JP of course :whistle: )

Oh & I caught that retrospective as well. As I remember, the cool kids watched Magpie, the geeks watched Blue Peter. She should not have gone blonde though. What was that lovely guys name who co presented with her?

However, nearly made the boys spill their dinner when I shouted 'LOOK!!!IT'S SHAUN'S MUM!!!'

(thon wife that was....erm...Shaun's mum in Shaun of the Dead.....Now THATS good entertainment!!!! :thumbs: )

Esther x

The landlord's wife at the pub in Shaun of the Dead was Phyllis Pini, whose DH ran the Tratoria Philomena in the City...and my DH knew her well when he was a lad as he lived in the City...and our first proper 'date' was dinner at the Trat!

'There's two types o'coffee, J, black and whoite!' (she was Irish).

There!

Boho :dance:

DS has just made himself a cup of coffee, but forgot to turn the kettle on! :lol::lol:

Edited by bid

Well I was out tonight so haven't been watching the box...... went for a drink and for home made risotto and rose wine..... I'm hoping this is the reason that I haven't got a clue what you lot are talking about :o:huh::lol:

I've been drinking Stella..... so despise me if you dare :P:D

Flozza :dance:

What was that lovely guys name who co presented with her?

There were two - one was a tall dark haired guy with a curly perm who looked a bit like Peter Wyngarde but thought he was Marc Bolan (I think he might have even been called Marc something or other) and the other one was a shortarse blonde with a curly perm who might have been called Tommy Boyd (?) and he looked a bit like neil off of art attack...

The tall dark one left to launch a singing career and sank...

Shaun's mum also used to play the wife of richard Briers in some awful sitcom where the whole 'joke' revolved around the fact that she might have an affair with the bloke next door... it was a bit like butterflies only less funny if that's possible.

hev - glad to oblige... hope you're managing to keep up :)

Talking of shaun of the dead - I watched Simon Pegg in 'Run fat boy run' the other week... wot a toikey - I should have known when I hired it and they asked if i wanted stuffing and gravy... about as funny as a carbuncle in the armpit...

Anyway, back to Dr Roo... SJS still looks good... from a distance... I quite like that little Welsh totty from Torchwood - she fills a pair of jeans quite nicely. Lucky gap in her teeth too. Awww bless...

Billie Piper... is that her mouth, or is she breaking it in for a horse? She's got a jawbone like Bluto from popeye!

Also, i think they really have to come up with a new nemesis for Dr Roo... A midget in a dustbin talking through a ring modulator might have cut it as a super villain/master race in the 60's/70's, but it dunt really cut it in 2008.

The Cyber men used to be scary, but the new ones are just too robot like...

Ho hum :)

:)

No No No!! :o:o

David Tennant can't regenerate - he mustn't - not yet, I'm not ready. How will I live without him!! :crying::crying:

I'm traumatised - tell me it's not true, someone! :pray::pray:

K x

David Tennant can't regenerate - he mustn't - not yet, I'm not ready. How will I live without him!! :crying::crying:

K x

I feel the same!!!!! My boys don't want him to change either................ they have kept it really hush hush haven't they - haven't seen any mention of a new doctor at all??

Oh and is it just me but does Billie sound weird when she is talking???? It doesnt sound normal!!!!

K x

Its true. :lol::( Oh poor Kathryn >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Just kidding, I really wouldn't have a clue as we can't get that program here. Unless I go and buy a set top box or another tv.

Funnily enough, I thought Baddad was serious when he said there was a program called Dr Roo. :wacko:

Settle down K, he's still around I am sure. You could always get re-runs.

:D xx

Oh and is it just me but does Billie sound weird when she is talking???? It doesnt sound normal!!!!

Yes! We noticed it last week too. It sounds like she's got one of those removable brace plates at the roof of her mouth. Very off-putting.

Oooohhhh i don't normally watch Dr Roo......... little monkey is scared of it, and on weekends without little monkey, i don't normally bother putting the telly on.....

Used to terrrify me as a kiddie too - used to clamp my hands over my eyes yelling 'No see me!!' :ph34r::D

BUT, Dr Rooooo was goooood! Made me late for the gig i was off too (and yes Hev, me 'ead does hurt, lol! >:D<<'> ).

T'was very good! :notworthy: :notworthy:

James Nesbit though................. :unsure: ..................i like him. But as Dr Roo? Hmmmmm not sure about that one.

*Smiley wiv headache* :lol::whistle:

James Nesbitt? Blimey, one trick pony or what? If they want Dr 'cheeky oirish chappy with lots of the old blarney' he's the obvious choice, but look at what happened with Sylvester McCoy :whistle:

Did you see him (nesbitt) in Dr Jekyl and Mr Hyde? He couldn't even manage a ONE dimensional performance - As someone once said about Charles Bronson 'His emotional range runs the whole gamut from A to B' - he looked like a ventiloquist's dummy! :lol: Actually, strike that - a vent's dummy would have been scarier... perhaps they should have done Dr Jeckyl and little Jimmy Krankie - Now that's scary...

So WHO do you think should be the next WHO if DT is giving up the gig? I did hear once that they had considered that bloke from Withnail and I - Richard (the third ;) - cockerny rhymin, slang) E Grant... PLEASE NO! Quirky, fo' sure, but not in a good way...

Perhaps they should have a GIRL doctor (NB - when we saw his daughter the other week I though - now there's a spin-off series if ever i've heard of one? Anyone heard anything?) or a GAY one (but please not John Barrowman again as over-exposure can irritate, or Graham Norton - ditto... how about Julian Clary? :lol: Hmmmmmmmm.... I'm sure he'd love to get his hands on a policeman's box...) or a black one? Perhaps he could transmogrify into TWO Dr's working as a team - Those fellas from the Mighty Boosh (actually, the taller one would probably be quite good in the role!) - or the Krankies again...

Or they could play it for laughs -

Ere, now 'ere's a thought - what about Jon Pertwee's son (Bill, is it?) - that'd be a bit cheeky :)

:D

Do you mean Sean Pertwee?

Or has the old guy got two sons that act?

*Johnny Depp.....................please Gawd, Johnny Depp..............* :pray::lol:

I would be the biggest fan...................................... :whistle:

BD - fabby post! :notworthy::lol: Giggly stuff! :clap:

one was a tall dark haired guy with a curly perm who looked a bit like Peter Wyngarde but thought he was Marc Bolan (I think he might have even been called Marc something or other

yes thats the one I fancied. *goes to Google*

Tony Bastable!!!! Thats been keeping me awake all night :rolleyes:

I heard on the radio this morning that DT is playing Hamlet for the RSC. Ooooh, Bard ..... :clap:

So I presume he really is leaving.

And yes BD you were right about Bernard Cribbens in the film, I checked with mr p this morning & he remembered it too! :thumbs:

I think BP has new, not v good, veneers.

Oh, wasn't it fab :thumbs: Why have the darleks still got whisks as arms though? :unsure:

I'd quite like James Nesbitt.....think he's smashing and have enjoyed most of his stuff, so I'd be happy..........and as for JD, well, yum yum :wub: Although I think JD would be better suited in a Harry Potter film :thumbs:

Has anyone mentioned Alan Rickman? Now he'd be good, although maybe abit too intense..........agree with David Thewlis too :thumbs:

What about a female Dr Who.........Julie Walters :notworthy: Dawn French :thumbs:

Does anyone actually know who IS the new one?

Weeeellll, I have heard that John Sim is up for it ... but given that he has already been the Master, I dont see how its workable. I dont want him.

I think Richard E Grant would make a good fist of it despite your misgivings BD.

Darn, seems I missed a really good episode. :(

Me and Ben watch it but he was at a bbq b'day party last night and I was in the pub!!!!

Will have to watch the repeat or on the computer!

Flo' :D

yes thats the one I fancied. *goes to Google*

Tony Bastable!!!! Thats been keeping me awake all night :rolleyes:

no, no no... Tony Bastable was the very 'straight' (as in 'normal' type straight) looking one... the marcy bolany one was called Mick Robertson ( I looked it up!)

Bill Pertwee/Sean Pertwee :lol: oi got all muddled in my little head, didn't oi!? It's Sean Pertwee, of course... I think Bill Pertwee was the bloke who played the warden in Dad's Army (?)... Maybe a brother of Jon or something?

Occured to me after posting, if they DID have a gay Dr Roo he could be Dr Ooooh, you are awful! :lol: (ooooh, look at the muck in this tardis - hasn't been dusted in millenia)

Does anyone know why Dr Who is always (?) English and quite posh? Was he always a time lord, or did he get 'made' one - 'cos i seem to remember the 60's movies he was Roberta Tovey's eccentric grandad and human? If he was Roberta Tovey's eccentric grandad, that would explain why he always regenerates as a white, upper-middle Brit, but if he is an alien time lord why doesn't he come back as, say, an American or an Asian - or even as a blue and red striped Blonkovian from the planet whizzamagog? Or a girl (mind you, he'd have to trip over and sprain his own ankle then, wouldn't he!)? Mind you, she'd give the dalek's hell if they turned up during the wrong week, wouldn't she ;):o

Tony Robinson as Dr Who? Yes, if they do decide to go with an alien that would work - and they'd save a fortune on make-up! :whistle:

My money's still on Jeanette Krankie... that's be Fandabadozie! :lol:

:D

Bill Pertwee/Sean Pertwee :lol: oi got all muddled in my little head, didn't oi!? It's Sean Pertwee, of course... I think Bill Pertwee was the bloke who played the warden in Dad's Army (?)... Maybe a brother of Jon or something?

William Desmond Anthony Pertwee MBE (born 21 July 1926) is an English comedy actor.

He is a distant cousin of former Doctor Who actor Jon Pertwee, being second cousin of Jon Pertwee's father, screenwriter and actor Roland Pertwee.

drinking stella :shame::shame: my spies are everywhere flo :P

yep yep , and my spies are out too hev :ph34r: and that's a wicked thing you did to Nick :shame::o:devil::lol: For shame hev :shame: , I hope you let him sit in the comfy chair afterwards :o:lol: (and there was I thinking you were a nice girl :lol::P

i made it up to him after though flo....honest :lol:

I won't ask how :o !!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

I just watched last night's episode on the computer.... OMG I can't wait for next Saturday. My theory is that he'll be regenerated the same as he was before!

I just watched last night's episode on the computer.... OMG I can't wait for next Saturday. My theory is that he'll be regenerated the same as he was before!

Ha! I wondered that too... he'll have reversed the polarity on his flux capacitor or something, simply so he can say goodbye to Rose. Let's face it, he's never gone Nova before when he's regenerated, has he? Usually it's just a slow dissolve/morph from one face to the next, so summat odd's going on!

Coming back to the original point of my post though - isn't it brilliant that RTD has managed to make Dr Roo such a big part of the Sat'dy schedules again? Makes you feel all mimsy, doesn't it.

Perhaps we can bring back old fashioned Sundays too - Stingray followed by The Champions (I liked alexandra bastedo too) or Kung Fu then tuning the wireless to 'sing something simple' until the top forty starts and everyone has to be quiet while you hold your cassette recoder up to the gramophone speaker :)

Tinga and Tucker and Auntie Jean - oh the wibbly wobbly way, the wibbly wobbly way... hark, is that Katie Kookaburra I can hear? Tales from the riverbank... etc etc etc...

(thinks - that'll get 'em started...) sweet dreams :)

Stingray :thumbs: Mariiiina, aqua Marinaaaaaaaa ...... :lol:

We bought JP the first 2 series of Kung Fu on DVD the christmas before last, & have spent many a rainy saturday afternoon watching it with him. He loves it. We are looking for series 3 but doesnt seem to be available in England.

He loves the way Cain is so kind & gentle .... until a baddie needs sorting out! MORAL violence! :notworthy:

I've been thinking ... (never a good thing)

If he is regenerating, how come River Song recognised him, when she was appearing in his past & he had yet to meet her?

Eh? Eh?

I've been thinking ... (never a good thing)

If he is regenerating, how come River Song recognised him, when she was appearing in his past & he had yet to meet her?

Eh? Eh?

Oh that is easy peasy! He met her in a future he's visited in HIS past that hasn't happened yet because he hasn't gone back to it. He's got to go into the future after travelling back from the future into the past...in his future past. It's all to do with the space time continuuum and the telephone sanitisers and the number 42. Honestly! Wimmin!

One thing that's a bit freudian though - what's Russell T Davis' hang up with the whole wimmin/goddess thing? Think about it - first Rose was 'Special' to the point that she is something MORE than a Timelord, and now it looks like Donna's going the same way from all the hints... all seems a bit odd to me. :whistle: And wasn't River Song an archeologist? That would make her a Dr too... making her name an anagram of R, I've Snogd'r

-hmmm................. :unsure:

Ok I'll stay with fluffy kittens then I know my place :D

As for RTD & women, I'd be looking very closely at his relationship with his mummy.