Sign in to follow this  
Enid

Meltdown

Picked DS up from his AIT session tonight, its just down the road but was picking daughter up from brownies so did round trip, she was in the front and he said move to her in a really nasty voice, I said its not worth it, get in the back. When we got home he ran off up the road, because of last Saturdays incident I followed him and he went up to the main road out of town, which is what he did last time when he got in a strangers car! He saw me and he laid down in the middle of the road, right by a bend. To cut a long story short, it took the efforts of 5 people to get him in my car, he hit, bit, thumped and kicked us all, 2 of them were complete strangers! we went through it all again at the other end to get him in the house, then he calmed down and acted as though nothing had happened, its a complete nightmare, he is definately getting worse, where is it all going to end!!!!!!! Enid

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> That's so stressful Enid. I'm afraid I dont have any advice - you did everything you could do. Just wanted to send you loads of >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I really feel for you, Enid

Wish I had some advice that would help, but all I can say is hang on in there >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Nicky x

Picked DS up from his AIT session tonight, its just down the road but was picking daughter up from brownies so did round trip, she was in the front and he said move to her in a really nasty voice, I said its not worth it, get in the back. When we got home he ran off up the road, because of last Saturdays incident I followed him and he went up to the main road out of town, which is what he did last time when he got in a strangers car! He saw me and he laid down in the middle of the road, right by a bend. To cut a long story short, it took the efforts of 5 people to get him in my car, he hit, bit, thumped and kicked us all, 2 of them were complete strangers! we went through it all again at the other end to get him in the house, then he calmed down and acted as though nothing had happened, its a complete nightmare, he is definately getting worse, where is it all going to end!!!!!!! Enid

i really do know what you are going through sending you some hugs >:D<<'> >:D<<'> :robbie:

Well he went to school this morning, but taxi driver had a tough time getting him out at the other end, so god knows whats going to happen to night, dreading it!!! Enid

Enid, you poor thing, Nick used to do the same crazy things at 12 so l do know how it feels, having a total stranger have to help you control your child is a nightmare. You must phone SS and tell them about him lying in the road, he is at risk and if they dont listen go to your MP we did this and the MP was fantastic and l know that Hev also went to her MP.You need help fast before he hurts himself. Your son reminds me so much of Nick, he also is really funny about the front seat of the car, if he doesnt sit in it there is hell to pay!!! You are not alone, sending lots of >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

What exactly can SS do in reality!!!!! Short of giving me a full-time live in very strong man!!! I spoke to someone today who had help through the Michael Batt foundation, never heard of it but have googled it, she had someone every night 6 to 11!!!! and she had a husband! I spoke to SS 3 times today, the manager, he said that everyone is passing responsibiity for me about which team I am under, eg disability, or SS and he will have an answer for me tomorrow, I said, well I wont hold my breath. What did SS actually do for you and Hev? Enid. ps all calm tonight :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Miss this thread before now-no advice but didnt want to read n run >:D<<'>

Thanks >:D<<'> all calm tonight, till the next time :tearful: Enid

Hi Enid, Social services gave me direct payments so l could employ someone to help out with Nick, it helps a lot as he gets taken out 3 times a week which relieves his bordem.The MP helped me get a statement for Nick by writing nasty letters to the director of education!! I think Hevs MP helped with education. Glad all is calm tonight >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

And again :tearful: tonight at 6pm, its always about the same time, we were on the way back from somewhere had a briil afternoon, no probs, and then he just went really quiet, I knew he was "going off on one" as we say, but there was no reason, as far as I could see, we had been home 10 mins when he went. because of the incidents 2 weeks ago I now have to report to the police if he disappears. To cut a long story short he was seen on the beach, 30 mins walk away, 2 hrs later, I was still out looking so headed down, The entire town was down there as a famous person (cant say who as want to keep our ID`s private) was singing, 5 poice cars turned up, talk about overkill, to watch the show as he refused to move off the rocks, its a nightmare, when all had gone and he was calm, I tried to talk to him about it, he just started screaming and thumping me. dont want to play anymore. Enid

Yes Hev, but my daughter is so upset, she is making her first communion tomorrow and she was soo worried about him, just dont know what to do anymore. Enid

What did SS actually do for you and Hev? Enid.

after i got mp involved steve went with a couple for a day a week to their house,they took him out to beach etc then he also had a respite worker who took him out for 3 hours a week,got nothing for this summer though enid :crying: shall me,you and soraya run away and leave the boys to fend for themselves? :shame::devil:

Oh YES, If only people with "normal" kids know what we went through! I am sick with fear everytime he runs off, this seems to be his new phase, cant wait for it to pass! Enid

i dont know if you remember enid but steve had a really bad running off phase and i was living on my nerves,looking round for him wondering if hes hurt,dreading police telling me hes in hospital,the thing which made it better was calling the police everytime he done a runner,the running off is less frequent now cos he dont like the telling off i tell them to give him!!

Well they didnt tell mine off they were too nice to him! that was left to me, so maybe I will have a word. I do seem to be trailing behind you by a couple of years dont I! Got the drinking to look forward to next then have I !!! Enid

you got the smoking first,then the drinking :o has he had the calling the police on YOU phase yet cos he says you been hitting him and he needs you arrested?thats a exciting phase,lifes definately not dull eh?!!

Yes had the calling police about me phase!!!! so got drinking smoking next. God help me! Thank god for this forum!ENID

really thinking about you at min ...things were rough for us friday night too my son came home for weekend totally wrecked my house attacked me i spent the entire night crying...even the cat and dog are depressed now they have had a week of pease.. yesterday wasnt too bad ...we are expecting trouble today as his taxi is booked for 4 .... :robbie:

Hi Enid/Hev only just caught this thread due to the lovely day out yesterday. Enid, Nick was 12 when he started running away, whenever he was uncomfortable in a suituation he just legged it, it is so worrying, but in the end we said to him if he feels like running dont just escape, let us know, and he would go off with his mobile , with the promise that he would answer it and that he would only go for an hour. This worked most of the time although l really worried about him it was better than him just running away. Now he is nearly 15 he is much better although he still has to have his own space a lot of the time. Its funny Nick always used to run to the beach, maybe it has something to do with the waves!!!Oh yes l would love to run away with you and Hev, we could leave the boys on a remote beach somewhere!!!!Just off to start packing :lol::lol:

really thinking about you at min ...things were rough for us friday night too my son came home for weekend totally wrecked my house attacked me i spent the entire night crying...even the cat and dog are depressed now they have had a week of pease.. yesterday wasnt too bad ...we are expecting trouble today as his taxi is booked for 4 .... :robbie:

Be thinking of you at 4!

Hi Enid/Hev only just caught this thread due to the lovely day out yesterday. Enid, Nick was 12 when he started running away, whenever he was uncomfortable in a suituation he just legged it, it is so worrying, but in the end we said to him if he feels like running dont just escape, let us know, and he would go off with his mobile , with the promise that he would answer it and that he would only go for an hour. This worked most of the time although l really worried about him it was better than him just running away. Now he is nearly 15 he is much better although he still has to have his own space a lot of the time. Its funny Nick always used to run to the beach, maybe it has something to do with the waves!!!Oh yes l would love to run away with you and Hev, we could leave the boys on a remote beach somewhere!!!!Just off to start packing :lol::lol:

I used to do that soraya, but because he has started not coming back and hiding I have got to ring the police, he didnt even take his phone with him! He hurt his knee yeasterday on the rocks so cant go far today! If I thought he would come back eventually I would just leave him, but he hasnt the last few times. I was allocated a CAHMS social worker on Friday, from the children/disability team, so am hoping for great things!!! glad you had a good day, :thumbs: Enid

its a pity they can't put one of those tags on them that,that they put on criminals, also have a homing device on them,so that you can get a idea of where they are when they go. I have considered when we go to Tescos to borrow one of their security tags to put in his pocket and if he should wander and leave,he would set the alarms off,but now he is older,he usually goes to the tellys or the computer games, the trouble is as they get older they get stronger and are difficult to sit on, my p tells me i have to leave the house when i have annoyed him enough,but on other things he says your my boss aren't you mum?yes i say :wub: have a :wine: when you get a chance.

Thanks selsy, did have a :wine: all calm here today, hard to believe its the same boy! Brill idea re tags, I think all kids should have one :rolleyes: would make people think twice about taking them. Hopefully this will just be a phase :pray: and if I can get through it we can all cope and wait for the next phase to start! the danger is he is putting himself at risk an he/we may not survive it :crying: Well as they say "tomorrow is another day" so eyes down and all that c#@$! Enid

My son has now finished his AIT therapy to help with hearing/senses etc but the lady suggested to me that it may be a nutritional problem, as he "starts " every/most evenings around 6/7, she has given me some books which are very interesting and it does seem what he is doing when he runs and dosnt seem to know where he is is the typical fight/flight reaction, what do you think? am I clutching at straws! Enid

Oh god I am in despair, tonight at 6.15 DS started thumping chairs arms and looking mad, we know the signs so we all ignored it, this time it didnt work, after a short time I tried to move the littlies to my room as usual, he physically barred our way, he was really abusive verbally to me, they got past him whilst I was struggling with him as he was thumping my arms, I then went into the kitchen and tried to act normally but he was smashing things so I went up to join the littlies in my room, for the !st time ever he burst into room and started hitting me, hard. I tried to hold door, but was no match for him, I phoned the next door neighbour who stayed for an hour til he was calm, but for the !st time since christmas when he was at his worst, I was frightened of him, thats 3 times since Saturday, worst for ages, he looked like he would have really hurt us tonight. Enid

Enid,

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Don't know what to say, this must be really stressful for all of you. :(

I hope all is calm now and your little ones have gone off to sleep OK.

>:D<<'>

K x