TheNeil

Advent Calendar

OK I probably should have gotten around to doing this yesterday but what did you get in your advent calendar? What will you get tomorrow? Oh who can tell, and the excitement is almost palpable each morning as me and the guinea pigs open the little door and see what festive treat is waiting for us :whistle:

So come on, share...

1. Santa Hat

2. Sleigh

If you don't have an advent calendar (ahem, why?) then you could just make something up

Edit: Probably should have said that I intend to fill in each day as I open each little door :thumbs:

Edited by TheNeil

My daughter has one of those playmobil build a scene calanders so ;

yesterday... a piece of ground, a bush and 2 birds,

today... a tree (think she'll be more impressed when she gets an animal piece :whistle: )

A x

Being puritanical killjoys, we have a chocolate free advent calendar just like in the bad old days, when we got a clip round the ear for christmas & were grateful. Luckily JP, who is in charge of opening the doors, is equally puritanical & approves (his sister left home for a more hedonistic lifestyle)

1. Ickle child with candle

2. Reindeer

We don't mess about with all that.

Got one of them fabric wall hanging things with 24 pockets and you put in what you like. Chocolate of course.

nothing

nothing

nothing

... absolutely disgusted with my kinder advent calender.... its just got a piece of plastic to hold the chocolate in!i'm off to the shops tomorrow to get a proper one. i usually have the non-chocolate religious ones, but i was swayed this year by the kinder chocolates, and now regret it. (being cheapskates) we have advent calenders in store for the kids that we just pop the doors shut again each year... they were expensive but its so hard to find a proper religious advent calender these days, and i'm sure we're being very good to the environment for reusing.

5. A Santa Hat (again)(I hope there are more than 4 different shapes in my calendar or I will not be a happy bunny robin)

5. A Santa Hat (again)(I hope there are more than 4 different shapes in my calendar or I will not be a happy bunny robin)

You'll have to make up some things or we'll die of boredom :lol:

Heres some ideas:

nuclear reactor

a pig

tarmac

a satnav

washing machine

knees

:thumbs:

You'll have to make up some things or we'll die of boredom :lol:

Heres some ideas:

nuclear reactor

a pig

tarmac

a satnav

washing machine

knees

:thumbs:

If I see a pattern forming then I'll have to become 'inventive'... :devil:

Personally I'm quite looking forward to bagpipes, coxix (don't worry I checked and it's not a rude word), Brides of Dracula, starter motor and Little-Jimmy-Osmond-bouncing-on-a-trampoline-while-holding-a-bowl-of-custard :wacko:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

adenoids,

string,

tummy button,

remorse,

beta max cassette,

and Trinny and Suzannah in turkey costumes.

Edited by aro

Trinny and Suzannah in turkey costumes.

Would this be the mysterious 'odd orange lump'? :lol:

Would this be the mysterious 'odd orange lump'? :lol:

Well that's that christmas mystery solved then! :lol:

A x

6. A Cracker (the Christmas kind rather than the Kate Winslet kind)(sadly :()

Oh She my husband's "if they were in town you have my permission" woman! :lol:

6. A stag

6. St Nicholas.

I have this on good authority from mr p who is pernickety about these things. Its the 6th, see, St Nicholas Day, so its not Father Christmas, its St Nicholas .... sorry you still awake? :lol:

Edited by pearl

My boys both have a traditional one this year, but only Lijey has a choccy one cuz Cal DIDN'T WANT ONE!!!!!! :blink:

How weird is that???!!! (They have 2 not because I'm over indulgent, BTW, but because my sister is.....)

Anyhoo,

1 A stocking (again, the christmas variety, the calendar did not come from Anne Summers!)

2. A Bible (UBER-religious calendar this year, as if the nativity scene on the front didn't get that across!)

3. A candle in its holder

4.A snow laden tree

5. A church, laden in same

And the rest, we'll have to wait for as the boys are at their Dad's this weekend.

7. I don't know, as JP has b*ggered off to church without opening the door & there will be hell to pay if I do it. The suspense is killing me. Shall we take bets? My money is on a hybrid car.

7. I don't know, as JP has b*ggered off to church without opening the door & there will be hell to pay if I do it. The suspense is killing me. Shall we take bets? My money is on a hybrid car.

I'll put my money on the nativity scene but recreated using kitchen appliances - the baby kettle asleep in his fridge while the three wise blenders bestow gifts under the watchful gaze of the oven and the virgin hob :wacko:

Can you not open the door, note down the wonder behind it and then either just close it or cellotape it shut? This is important and the suspense is killing me too :whistle:

I daren't risk it Neil, he would know & would make my life hell for the rest of the day. He should be back in half an hour, stay online for the grand opening ...

I daren't risk it Neil, he would know & would make my life hell for the rest of the day. He should be back in half an hour, stay online for the grand opening ...

Can't you x-ray it?