warrenpenalver

Short term food Obsessions

Anybody have these???

I tend to get "latched" onto one type of food and eat it repeatedly for every meal for weeks/ months at a time.

for example july - december it was mostly rice/pasta based stuff with tomatoe based sauce mixs.

Now since xmas day when i had a roast dinner and vegetables, im obsessed with vegatables.

Is this wierd??? I will eat a whole dinner plate of vegetables with gravy :thumbs:

Tonights example: dinner

My only exception is that saturday night MUST be steak night.

Yes my lad is the same, oh god I was hoping he would grow out of it!!!!! He has to have pizza, chips, galic bread in a basket on saturday, that has been for years, but his short ones are, onion sauce with every thing, then had to be some sort of rice, then jacket potatoes, then a certain type of yoghurt on and on............... Enid

my son is the same, shamefully it isn't vegetables! lol! at the moment it is pizza, smilie faces, tomato soup or 'chicken on a bone' he wont touch anything else (unless served with the above). breakfast cereals he gets bored of very quickly, i have 15 boxes of cereal in my cupboards :whistle: with him i think it is that he hates soggy foods, so once a ceral has been left long enough to go soggy (as it often does lol) he wont eat that type of cereal again for a LONG time, till basically he forgets that he's tried it before.

least you are getting your 5 a day though :thumbs:

I've always been like this. When I was in my early twenties, I took to eating soup and a sandwich for my tea, every single night. This lasted for well over two years. Then for some reason that I can't remember, I switched to rice with tuna and veg mixed in and ate this every night, that lasted for about a year or so too. I do it with snacks now. I used to have rice pudding and banana as a snack every day, but now it's switched to a bowl of cereal.

~ Mel ~

I go through spells like this. Some meals (in fact days) will consist of just vegetables and fruit, and I have periods where I eat nothing but the same thing and don't want to eat anything but that.

Currently I'm hooked on bananas, tangerines and yoghurts. I suppose there could be worse things to be obsessed with :lol:

The positive is that it makes shopping easier and cheaper as you know exactly what to get and even if living alone you can make use of 'buy 3 get one free' offers (AKA 'buy 18 get 6 free... :whistle:)

I think it's probably very fortunate that I live in catered accommodation otherwise my diet would be unhealthily unvaried - as it is it's pretty good as we have a two week rotating menu (but always the same on Fridays and Sundays :clap:) - the other students hate the predictability but I love it!! :thumbs:

I have a whole freezer draw of smiley faces :thumbs: :thumbs:

Just so long as they're not attached to bodies... :ph34r:

I have a whole freezer draw of smiley faces :thumbs: :thumbs:

:o

Warren, I'm speechless. After all you said about me recommending A*nt B*ss**s roasties, too .... :lol:

:o

Warren, I'm speechless. After all you said about me recommending A*nt B*ss**s roasties, too .... :lol:

Smiley Faces? Frozen roasties? :huh:

I'm just waiting for someone to mention turkey twizzlers :sick:

This is like watching Jamie's School Dinners :shame:

I think it's probably very fortunate that I live in catered accommodation otherwise my diet would be unhealthily unvaried - as it is it's pretty good as we have a two week rotating menu

My uni halls at imperial college were catered but the food was really bad and unhealthy too.

Just so long as they're not attached to bodies... :ph34r:

I keep them in the basement :ph34r:

I havent eaten the smilies since october :robbie: You cant make home made smiley faces!! I want to find the alphabet ones so i can spell things!! oh and the spaghetti spaceships :thumbs:

Edited by warrenpenalver

Awww! Spoilsport. They are sooo smiley :lol:

And if you have spaghetti hoops with them, you can give them glasses B):lol: :lol:

I wonder why 'perms' for men aren't popular anymore. Hmmm... :devil:

:shame: I like men with curly hair :wub: :wub: *wanders off into a daydream thinking of Lee* :wub: :wub:

:shame: I like men with curly hair :wub: :wub: *wanders off into a daydream thinking of Lee* :wub: :wub:

I'm sure I remember seeing somewhere that he was caught in some sort of 'gay shocker incident'* :devil:

*Joke

I LOVE smiley faces.

i have a very restricted diet, so i do have the same stuff every day!

but i wil still manage to go thru phases, not very varied though

smilies every night, or soup every night, or toast every night.

Friday night is Chippie night.

i can only have phases of eating the things i actually CAN eat

toast, chips, smilies, bread and butter, ooh i like just a roll and butter sometimes. soup (only made by me! homemade) occasionaly i will eat a plain burger if eating out.

Edited by something_different

I'm a bit of a foodie myself.

My problem is that I will sometimes go to the supermarket , often when I am peckish , and buy a packet of luxury triple coated chocolate cookies . I will then go home and feel tempted to have one with a cup of coffee. The trouble is , once I have opened them , I have to finish them , but because I am a bit weight conscious I will then go without a proper meal. I don't know if that would be classed as a bit of OCD. I'm not anorexic or bulimic and weigh 9 st. 7 pound.

At this momemt I am tucking into a packet of white belgian chocate & cranberry cookies but I will eat a wholesome meal tonight .

Jannih, have you tried splitting the packet into portions? You could try opening the packet and taking all the biccies out. Divide them into portions of three biccies in each and wrap each portion in foil so you have lots of small packets. Then you could just open one each day and eat the three inside and leave the other portions for other days. Worth a try. :thumbs:

~ Mel ~

Jannih, have you tried splitting the packet into portions? You could try opening the packet and taking all the biccies out. Divide them into portions of three biccies in each and wrap each portion in foil so you have lots of small packets. Then you could just open one each day and eat the three inside and leave the other portions for other days. Worth a try. :thumbs:

~ Mel ~

Does that really work? Can't you still hear their muffled cries through the foil?

Does that really work? Can't you still hear their muffled cries through the foil?

No, you are right it won't work . I still have to take them out of the main packet.

If I make a rice pudding I divide it into portions and they go straight in the freezer but half an hour later I will be taking them all out again to eat !

I control my eating habits by buying a little at the time and most meals have to be made up from ingredients. If I buy ready made meals I know they are in fridge begging to be eaten, so I try to avoid them when I am shopping.

My main problem is when I go into a supermarket and I feel hungry ; that is when I head for the cakes and biscuits.

I make lots of soup in winter.

I have a liking for chips with mozzarella cheese all covered with a thick (vegetarian) gravy. Most people think it's revolting but I believe something similar is popular in Canada.

I make lots of soup in winter.

I have a liking for chips with mozzarella cheese all covered with a thick (vegetarian) gravy. Most people think it's revolting but I believe something similar is popular in Canada.

Have you tried curry and chips . Greatly recommended.

I don't have this, I have a meal plan sorted for the next 2 weeks. I cook far too extravagantly for a student - last night it was steak pie with potato + leek dauphinoise, peas, red wine gravy followed by meringues and cream for desert!

I love cooking and get a bit carried away with recipes!

Not all like that though, the plan for tomorrow is tuna pasta salad :D

Edited by CEJesson

I don't have this, I have a meal plan sorted for the next 2 weeks. I cook far too extravagantly for a student - last night it was steak pie with potato + leek dauphinoise, peas, red wine gravy followed by meringues and cream for desert!

I love cooking and get a bit carried away with recipes!

Not all like that though, the plan for tomorrow is tuna pasta salad :D

Yum Yum Chris, that steak pie dinner sounds lovely, can you let us know what the meal plan is for the next 2 weeks, might give me some idea on what to feed the family :thumbs:

Clare x x x

Ok here we go:

Sat 24th: Prawn Cocktail, lettuce, toast (yesterday)

Sun 25th: Tuna, Pasta and Sweetcorn Salad

Mon 26th: Steak Pie dinner again as I have half the potatoes still to eat up.

Tue 27th: Paprika Chicken with rice and peppers

Wed 28th: Pizza Margherita with Coleslaw and Lettuce

Thu 29th: Prawn Bisque (soup) with bread

Fri 30th: Chicken Kiev with Jacket Potato and Coleslaw

Sat 31st: Pasta Peperonata

Sun 1st: Shepherds' Pie, vegetables

Mon 2nd: Spanish Omelette

Tues 3rd: Spaghetti Bolognese

Wed 4th: Harvest Vegetable Soup with bread

Thurs 5th: Tuna, Pasta, Broccoli and Pesto Bake

Fri 6th: GONE HOME!

Sat 7th: GONE HOME!

Sun 8th: GONE HOME!

As my ever-expanding waistline testifies, I love food and am I think reasonably adventurous in what I'll eat. However, I am also more than happy to have the same menu day after day. E.g. during the summer I'll happily eat chicken Caesar salad every day for lunch. My (non-Aspie) wife can't understand how I can like such a monotonous diet. As far as I'm concerned, that's her problem. ;)

I'm really craving pasta, cheese and salad cream at the moment :wacko:

For some reason this reminds me of a staple meal of my student days: fish finger pasta [warning - if you value your digestive system and arteries, do not cook this]. Boil some spaghetti. Whilst the spaghetti is boiling, grill some fish fingers. When the fish fingers are cooked, mash them with mayonnaise and butter until you have a lumpy fishy mess like a thick sauce gone horribly wrong. Drain the spaghetti and mix the sauce into it. If you have any sense, at this point let it go cold and use it for grouting. Otherwise, eat.

The dish was invented by a friend and me when literally these were the only ingredients in the house and neither of us could be bothered to go to the shops. A recipe born under similar circumstances (rice, tinned tuna, leeks, sultanas and dry roasted peanuts) had a shorter reign of popularity.

I'm rather like this (food preferences, I mean) and I used to drive my Mum MAAAAD, as I'd go through phases of eating oodles of, say, peach yoghurt (with bits, thank you!) and then one day (usually the day after the big shop!) I would go right off them-to the point of feeling ill at the thought of eating it.....Praps I sickened myself?

I vivdly recall a brief but intense period of eating tinned hamburgers in gravy, had to be a certain brand, and I can recall how blissful each mouthful was, then one day, kerwhang, it was the opposite. I couldn't go near them. I'm sure we put the remaining tins in the bin a year or so later!

I would happily live on tomatoey pasta but my family have mutinied and I must offer variation.....(Spoilsports!! :rolleyes: )

Left to my own devices, though........ :eat:

PASTAFEST!!!!!

little OT :whistle: but has anyone got any really good reciepes for wild rabbit? i bought some the other day as my family haven't tried it before (i have..when i was 8 so dont remember it lol)

:robbie: