mygifts1306

Please share your new year resolutions

Dear all forum users

Please share your new years resolutions. And we will visit them in april to see how we are doing, well since I am the first one i will just have to go for it.

My new year resolutions are

1. To eat less food

2. To do more exercise

3. To make time for me (just one hour a day)

4. To stop taking myself too seriously

5. To acknowledge that i will make mistakes

6. To be more reasonable and understanding of my husband's need

7. To read at least 2 novels a month not 1 novel every 3 months

8. To be helful and kind to others

9. To do more mummsy things with my children, not just reading for them and baking

10. To cook more

Thats me started, so please lets hear it.

Kind regards

Edited by mygifts1306

Hi, my resolutions for 2010 are:

To go to bed earlier and to get up earlier.

Not to read distrubing books before bedtime.

To go to the gym three times a week.

To continue with my hobbies this year that challenge me.

To do a Maths Course, I hate maths, but I can budget.

To run a Mathathan this year even if its a Half a Mathathon.

Join a choir.

JsMumxxx

Mine would be:

To try and get a diagnosis for AS.

To tell my boyfriend I think I have AS.

To manage my money better and be able to go on holiday.

To carry on learning Russian and try and make better progress.

To start martial arts again and generally do more exercise.

My biggest wish is to get engaged, but that's not really up to me :D

1) improvement in not abusing my body

2 get of out perpetual loop of aniexty

3) stop being frightned of nothing

4) not so hesitant and negative

5) clean and jerk 100kg!

6) do not let self spiral tooo far down the hole of depression again

7) do not listen to the detractors

8) not be rushed by others timescales anymore. my pace only now

9) more resilient and robust to others comments

10) no more acceptance of others demands

11) no more backing down and acceptance...confront conquoer and dominate in front of me

Edited by jon79

1)Learn to drive by December and hopfully pass test by January 2011 :thumbs:

2)Lose weight before starting Uni in Sept.

3)buy nice clothes before starting uni,instead of always buying for my boys.

4)Pass my biology and Maths exams in June

5)stop coming online and do something more constructive with my precious time,like sleep :)

Go to bed before midnight every night.

Declutter the house completely

Stop putting off unpleasant tasks

Eat more fruit and veg

K x

1. Eat less rubbish when I'm at work.

2. Finish my uni course on epilepsy.

3. Get my NVQ candidate completed successfully.

4. Organise my paperwork at home.

5. Transfer a pension fund I should have done a year ago.

6. Stop lapsing with my no smoking (Meg's accident, the cat dying, stressy shift at work, etc, etc).

Oh god, now I'm depressed...

Bid :tearful:

I never make them, that way I don't have to worry about breaking them. But then when your perfect--.

It was researched that those who didnt make them, still broke them, those that wrote them down, shared them with friends and family and then had a reward for achieving their resolution task where more successful at keeping to their new year resolutions, so it maybe a good idea to have a go this year to see if it works.

JsMumxxx

It was researched that those who didnt make them, still broke them, those that wrote them down, shared them with friends and family and then had a reward for achieving their resolution task where more successful at keeping to their new year resolutions, so it maybe a good idea to have a go this year to see if it works.

JsMumxxx

Now that confuses me. If I don't make make one how can I break it?

If you want to do something in life just do it.

mine is to carry on losing weight. I have lost 10kg but need to lose 5kg more.

To sort out my chest (health wise). CT scan booked for the 2nd february.

Carry on playing tennis twice a week

I also dont really believe in new years resolutions in fact never made any in my life!!I do set myself realistic goals,it can be monthly,weekly or daily,it all depends on how much I have to do.If I am to busy I dont have the time to think about what I am doing and (as chris put it) I just do it.

I do need motivation nowdays and I guess thats why I decided to make a new years resolution,but I dont really see it as that I just see it as setting myself goals.I try not to set goals I cant achieve,like I say I will try lose weight I wont say I will lose 2 stone because its possible I wont reach that goal,so even if I lose 30pounds here and there it will be fine!!!

Other things like passing the courses I am doing are a MUST and I dont need to much motivation to do it,but even with that I have lots of reminders about deadlines and I set daily targets with my reading otherwise I just sit watching telly or going online :unsure:

mine are : mental health related

reduce depression,anxiety and stress with NAS pyschology sessions

to improve self harm

to work through grieving processes over both my nans passing away and coping 'better' with it coming to terms with accepting

to keep going gym and eat fruit

to keep writing poetry

to keep working part time

hope promote awareness and understanding through project supporting helping others with AS!

to get my poems and book published ( find someone willing publish them!) like jessica kingsley

XKLX

Hi my online buddies! thank you very much for your responses. I like the idea of resolutions, I have made the one for driving for over 3 years now, i failed 7 tests during that time, i have had to go back and do the theory test again, my lack of driving licence really depresses me particularly when it is raining. I love walking and walk every where all the time. So in the new year I would like to pass my driving test and I am taking lessons again, I failed my tests on hesitancy! I feel helpless, some1 suggested the automaticl car, so i will need to look into that option. My oldest son goes to a school which is a while away, He has been a source of fall outs when it came to people giving us lifts, because of his aggressive tendencies. I would like to take myself less seriously as well. I would like to enjoy my life. I am due to go for surgery, and according to the bmi chart, which by the way was divised in the 50s when women were very slim, I am obese class one, so i was told i have to bring my weight down to 66kg, I have already lost 8 kg and and at 70kg, the appointment is next week, I dont know how i will shift these 4 kg before i see the consultant. I even do a food diary and write everything i have eaten, and today i think i had 1290 cal, which is really not good. I find it hard to stay motivated. I like the idea of new year resolutions, i am forgiving myself and giving myself another fresh leaf to start on, and giving myself another chance.

thanks guys, its good to see my resolutions are not too far from others.

kind regards and I am offline now as my kids are messing instead of going to bed.

This post has been edited by mygifts1306: Today, 08:39 PM

« Next Oldest · Off Topic · Next Newest »

1 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

1 Members: mygifts1306

my lack of driving licence really depresses me particularly when it is raining. I love walking and walk every where all the time.

I had to take all the pressure of myself reguarding my driving test, I told myself it doesnt matter if I dont pass, and I started to take pleasure in walking, including the rain, but its actually liberating to walk in the rain too, I saw things I would not see if I was in a car and I would take time looking at nature and wildlife, I enjoyed the alternative methods of transport something we struggle with because J hates busy, smelly , noisy enviroements but took nice days out that made it pleasant, you have to look at the positives of what a situation is bringing you, then for some reason it takes away the urgency to pass it, I told myself I didnt need a car, though I did, but I had to tell myself it wasnt essential, dont get me wrong since having passed and driving it is much easier to get him to A to B but there is still times he becomes aggressive and demanding and he gets upset because of traffic or parking issues, so the problems just transfer.

Enjoy the moments you have cycling, walking, going on a train ride ect...

JsMumxxx

Thank you very much JsMum, thats just what i need to hear, I need to take pressure off myself, if i pass i pass, if i dont then it was not meant to be. Thank you very much for your very thoughtful and spot on thread, think you ought to write a book. xx

Im a pagan so my new year began last june. i forgot to make my resolutions (or lost the data when the pc was repaired) during this "festival of mabon" as we call it so have decided i would have made the following resolutions. (i will include updates so far as to how im progressing).

1, to cut down on my paper contents by 50% (so far im doing this)

2, to pass my driving test by Halloween (this was too much in the end so deadline extended for a year)

3, to start attending a different fibro group (managed in the end and haven't regretted it, felt edgy at previous one)

4, to pass the next year of university (ongoing due July 2010)

5, to reach and exceed the 5 years since i last tried to end my own life in feb 2010 (nearly there)

6, to attend autscape a few months later (despite my severe mental health problems at the time i made it)

7, to get out of and stay out of debt (had a problem with my mobile phone bill this month but it was unexpectedly high)

8, to reduce my outgoings by £20 at least so if the ESA is assessed i will be able to makeup for the deficit (nearly made it but less urgent now i dont have to go through an assessment period as im moving from one benefit to another)

9, to work with the new NAS bristol autism officer (even better im editor of 2 newsletters)

10, to increase my voluntary work within the NAS at a pace i can handle (i appear not being able to handle the work but i can manage it better now that ive planned my time better

11, to buy some stamp albums to organise my collection better (ive not got over 40 stamp albums in my house)

So far so good.

Alexis

PS some years i had so much going on i only made the resolution not to die by my own hand.

Edited by trekster

I had trouble thinking of mine this year, most likely because I spent New Years Eve sober and most of the ones I have had in the past have been inspired by a substantial amount of alcohol :)

The only ones I could think of were

1) Try my hardest to pass the upcoming exams and ignore the usual distractions

2) Try to occasionally communicate with my housemates

Good luck with all of yours!