Jannih

New Year Meet up 2011

Are we having another Christmassy Meet, like what we had last year ? Does anyone know ?

I don't know, but i'd like to come!

If newbies are allowed. :)

I don't know, but i'd like to come!

If newbies are allowed. :)

It's open to everyone, if we do it, that is.

It's a long time since the last one, isn't it. :unsure: No official meetup planned: it just takes someone to suggest it and start a thread to discuss days and times and a venue. So I guess this is it, Jannih. :)

Meetups have been mostly in London, frequently Pizza Express, or a picnic in a park in Greenwich (that's definitely not a winter option!) I think there have also been one or two meet ups further north?

If you're interested in a get together, please say so on this thread and also what you'd prefer to do - a meal (what kind), visit to a museum, walk, etc. Also when - is it a bit late to organise something before Christmas? There are only 2 weekends left after this one. Maybe early January would be better?

K x

It would be nice to meet again. We can try before Christmas but maybe January is indeed more realistic. I like the idea of Covent Garden and Pizza Express, like the last year but also don't mind if there is a change of a vanue this year. Does anybody have any other suggestion?

Danaxxx

I would love to meet up again, and I would love to meet any new people who feel like joining us too.

I can get into London, but Covent Garden is not ideal for me and involves a lot of walking. I would prefer it if we can try somewhere else if that works for everyone else as well.

Hyde Park can be really nice. The Natural History Museum is nearby and the cafe/restaurant prices are fairly reasonable considering the location - although not cheap. I don't know how easy it is to get to for everyone else though.

Please add me to the list.....is it a year already. :o:D

I can't do December but probably can do January.

I think there may be a Pizza Express in Greenwich as it is a bit cold for a picnic.

Karen.

Edited by Karen A

January would be fine.

Greenwwich is a bit far out. Possibly,somewhere more central, like Hyde Park, Covent Garden or South Kensington for the museums etc. What about a tube station with lots of links to various lines.

Edited by Jannih

Hi

I would love to come too :thumbs: Do the kids come along? I wont bring all 4 boys maybe just the ASD boys or one ASD and my 2 yr old? I am good with anywhere in London so long as its somewhere warm.I am not sure when I can come though as I will be on placements from Jan 7th

Edited by justine1

I don't know any of you, but I might come along out, depending where it is (probably somewhere that I like enough that if I can't approach any of you I can just hang out there and have fun independent of the xmas meet :lol: ).

Hi would any one be in the area of Weymouth, Dorset, i would like to have a meet up.

Thanks

Robo

Is this still planned / happening? If so, I would love to come if I'm invited. :)

I'm happy anywhere in / around London so can be flexible to others' needs. Would prefer inside to a picnic though at this time of year!! :lol: Anytime / day is fine, although I'd need quite a bit of notice if it's a Saturday. I'm fine with or without kiddies - I hear they're quite tasty on pizza. :eat:

Hi, re a meet up. I live in Northamptonshire and would love to arrange a meet up with other's in this area. It would just be great to meet others in a similar situation to myself..!

(Mum to J, Aged nearly 16 DX July 2010 AS and C 10yrs old NT.) Bee :0) :thumbs:

Edited by Beebee

Is this still planned / happening? If so, I would love to come if I'm invited. :)

I'm happy anywhere in / around London so can be flexible to others' needs. Would prefer inside to a picnic though at this time of year!! :lol: Anytime / day is fine, although I'd need quite a bit of notice if it's a Saturday. I'm fine with or without kiddies - I hear they're quite tasty on pizza. :eat:

What about a Saturday in February.

If those who are up for it, tell us what dates you are free, then we can work from there and then discuss where we are going to meet.

I am free 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th Feb.

I like anywhere, where there is food !

All are welcome, including Mumble :)

I would prefer 19th if that suits everyone else, but I can manage any of them.

You'd be welcome to join us Bee, or you could suggest a meet up somewhere nearer to you.

For me would be good any Saturday in February but not on 12th and 19th.

Pizza in any Pizza Express in London is ok with me. :)

Danaxxx

I will definatley come any date is fine so long as I know soon so I can sort my shifts around it.I will bring Sam and maybe Dan too.

Hi all

Is this still happening :unsure: Would love to meet some of you but I really need to get it in my diary as I am doing shift work at the moment >:D<<'>

Is this still happening :unsure:

Well I'm unexpectedly free tomorrow and at a loose end!! Is that slightly too short notice? :unsure::whistle::lol:

Well I'm unexpectedly free tomorrow and at a loose end!! Is that slightly too short notice? :unsure::whistle::lol:

:D would love to but working a second night shift(11hours) I think I may appear intoxicated not a great first impression :lol:

I'm not the best organiser in the world. Far from it. I couldn't organise a p**s up in a brewery. So, I suggest, Saturday, 26th February at Pizza Express.

Is everyone happy with that? It will give us all enough time to organise time off for ourselves. I hope !

Jannih

I'm not the best organiser in the world. Far from it. I couldn't organise a p**s up in a brewery. So, I suggest, Saturday, 26th February at Pizza Express.

Is everyone happy with that? It will give us all enough time to organise time off for ourselves. I hope !

Jannih

I can do that :thumbs: Where is the Pizza Express?

Is that half-term? :unsure: If not, I'm not sure if I'll be able to get the time off work :( I'm off at the moment doing rabbit/kangaroo impressions so I'm not sure they'd be too happy if I then asked for a day off for a social event.

Put me down as a 'will do everything possible to try and be there'. :lol: :lol:

Where is the Pizza Express?

It depends which one we go to. If we go to the same one we've been to twice before (which is very nice) it's in Covent Garden; we normally meet near the Transport Museum as it's easy to find and then walk together - it's about a 5 minute walk from there. However, I think some people might have wanted to go somewhere different this time? :unsure:

It depends which one we go to. If we go to the same one we've been to twice before (which is very nice) it's in Covent Garden; we normally meet near the Transport Museum as it's easy to find and then walk together - it's about a 5 minute walk from there. However, I think some people might have wanted to go somewhere different this time? :unsure:

Okay just let me know x I have not been to London in ages,so I may get lost :lol:

So, 26th February, Covent Garden, Transport Museum for Pizza Express (like the last year) at 12:00?

Danaxxx

Good plan :thumbs:

Pizza Expres 26.2.2011 List of names so far:

Jannih

Mumble

Tally

Justine

Dana

Anymore names to add ?

Changed thread title to avoid confusion!

I should be OK for the 26th.

How about trying the Pizza Express on the South Bank just for a change? It's tucked away behind the Royal Festival Hall and is also nice. I've got no strong feelings about it so if people want to go to the same place as before that's fine with me.

Are there people who'd like to come with children who wouldn't want to eat in a restaurant? Maybe a "child friendly" option could be arranged as well on the same day? Then people could choose whether to go to one or both. Just an idea.

K x

Edited by Kathryn

How about trying the Pizza Express on the South Bank just for a change? It's tucked away behind the Royal Festival Hall and is also nice. I've got no strong feelings about it so if people want to go to the same place as before that's fine with me.

That would suit me better than Covent Garden. If it works for everyone else, I vote for South Bank.

I love the idea! South Bank and Royal Festival Hall is one of my favourite places in London. So, yes I am in too.

Danaxxx

How about trying the Pizza Express on the South Bank just for a change?

I've been there before ... apparently. I don't remember going there before. :wine::drunk::lol: :lol:

I'm quite happy to go to either place (still don't know if I can come, but if I can I'm happy to go to either), I think the bus stops are similar distances from both, so it doesn't matter to me. :)

I was going to come and bring Sam but unfortunatley have to finish my last placement shift that day, also not sure how Sam will handle the commute and walking is a big issue with him at the moment so cant take the risk :tearful:>:D<<'>

I can def. come :thumbs::dance: I'm very sorry you'll all have to put up with me. :devil:

I was going to come and bring Sam but unfortunatley have to finish my last placement shift that day, also not sure how Sam will handle the commute and walking is a big issue with him at the moment so cant take the risk :tearful:>:D<<'>

:( That's a shame, I was looking forward to meeting you.

No good for me. I mean the date's fine, but it's LONDON!! :unsure: I CANNOT cope with the Tube (I used to work in London, back in the dim and distant, and I have a horrific memory of being crushed against the doors one summer to the point where I passed out - I'm claustrophobic).

I'm also brilliant at getting lost (hell, I STILL get lost in my Gerrards Cross and I've only been living round here about 3 decades!)

Wouldn't work....