Sign in to follow this  
Suze

T.V. Adverts...........

Well I,m going up the wall today cos AS/ASD 10yr old keeps singing a very annoying advert , and its not the crazy frog :o (we did that last month and the month before). No.....current fave is the KFC ad where mum sings about getting a meal for �9.99, and dad replies "great she has,nt cooked", in a lovely singing voice........not :angry: .He is chirping it every 5 mins.... :devil: .......Whilst were on the subject I hate the AD for Weetabix where there,s a funny scarecrow who needs more wholegrains from the farmer.Hate it gives me the creeps :tearful: and I have to turn over.Also have a real prob with ASDA and Sharon Osbourne......condescending mum in a million clap trap :angry: shopping at Asda does not make you a mum in a million O.K. :angry::wallbash: .....Well I,m gonna climb down off my soap box now and do some nice deep breathing exercises to calm me down.Anyone else got any pet hates or faves?

Dont mention that 'scarecrow' on the weetabix ad :blink:

My son absolutely hates it, as soon as it comes on he screams runs into the kitchen

and slams the door :( he also examines all the weetabix boxes in Tesco to make

sure there is no scarecrow on them :wacko:

He can tell you any phone number for the AA, home insurance, pet insurance etc..

he fell over in the garden and shouted "quick dad, call the national accident helpline" ;)

Brook

Well we've just bought a new car & I think the Zafira ad is fab. It sticks 2 fingers up at my mother in thanks for her awe inspiring knowledge for the last 30 years of 'mother knows best'.

Of course me suspecting she's an aspie & her in complete denial means she wouldn't see the funny side of the ad & we'd end up discussing the point of it.

I'd LOVE to turn round to her & tell her she's 'overtired'........

At least the ad makes me feel more NT in the aspie world I live in.......

L

xxx :clap:

Edited by Lesley

Umm, I agree with all but one of your comments!!

I shop at ASDA and I AM a one in a million mum!! :first: j/k. LOL :lol:

Tyler used to love the churchill advert with the wobbly headed dog at in the rare view window. He hates the insurance one, I think it's Direct Line where they have that music at the end, couldn't begin to explain it but it's the one when the red car is speeding towards you. He screams and puts his hands over his ears for that one and many more. Some, he won't even look at and quickly turns over the TV saying 'I don't like that one!'. :wub:

As for my dislikes, I hate hate hate William Shatners 'Yogurty All Bran' advert and also Michael Winners adverts especially the one where he dresses up as a woman! Those are 2 men who make my skin crawl for reasons unbeknown to myself! LOL

I'm sure I'll be adding more in the next day or two! :oops:

I'm going back a few years, but when my 11 year old as son was about 2 there was an advert for Warburtons bread. We were in the supermarket one day and he said 'Mum, get this one' pointing to the Warburtons, I was intrigued to know why he wanted that one, his answer (in his best Yorkshire accent... even though we've never lived there)... 'cos it's betta bread'!!! If you haven't seen the advert you'll not know why it was funny, but I was tickled pink at the time!

Lauren

hi all i laughed at all your comments ours like the advert where the song is this is the dawning of the age of aquarius i told them it was a song im sure my mum an dad left it on an LP (showing my age now) will have to dig it out and they like wrinkly ninja advert i do too keep smilin luv karin xx :ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja:

:lol: Tylers mum you are a mum in a million B) .....but gosh it bugs me when shazza infers buying a ready made meal makes you queen bee.......as if she shops there any how.....bet it,s all delivered from Fortnums and I bet she has a Chef who is absolutely gorgeous.....and I bet she got paid a packet for the ad :wallbash: .....now I,m off to do more deep breathing and clear the havoc , water, grass and lego up. Oh and I love the wrinkly ninja too,I also love the new douwe egberts coffee ad where the two women are having a coffee and one gets out the new gardener, the other retaliates with mustique photos, then the other wins game set and match with the boob job :lol: .

My husband hates the 'you're a real loser' advert and I hate the one for relief of piles,where the woman moans at her partner for fidgetting-and then someone turns round and tells him to shush.If she didn't moan in the first place---xx

Potty training adds usually annoy me but the one where the whole universe disappears made me laugh :lol: just thinking god if I said that to my son he'd have a hissy fit.

The Mazda one where the car pee's on the dog :lol:

The WKD ones especially the 'Finger' one made me laugh

My son repeats loads of adds, inc if I go into Halifax , 'Who gives you extra WHO WHO WE DO' and many others.

I'm so please Red Bull no longer 'Gives you wings' as my son believed that and every other advert. I wish we could just phone for the Disneyland DVD and go, which is what my son thinks, but they forget to mention you have to pay for it :hypno:

Edited by lil_me

Come across another whilst watching TV this evening that i forgot to mention and I'm sure that a lot of you are with me on hating this one! LOL

Burger King's '1.99er'. Grrr!! :angry: I hate that advert!! It's the one where a man is singing that song but moreso recently been replaced with a woman singing it from the 80's I think! (or so they have 'tried' to mimic! LOL)

'It's a 1.99er, oh it's a 1.99errrr'. Know the one???

Edited by Tylers-mum

The new ad for clover, where the mum gets her kids off to school then has toast with clover and animals appear through the window and clean the house for her, the animals are sooo cute. If only that could happen :pray:B)

Viper.

Hi Karin,

Not with you on the Ford Summer of Love advert - original at first but now it's on all the time and it's just downright annoying, roll on autumn ad campaign - I love her dress though! :)

Our 7 year old aspie always informs us that "the AA have twice as many people as any other motoring organisation and you can join from only �30" whenever we see a van or a poster. :unsure:

Simon

Simon - Whenever tyler sees a telephone number on screen, I HAVE to call it - NOT! LOL I guess it would be ok if i owned a car or my own home but umm, I don't think so!!! :lol:

James (4) is hopeless.

Any 'boy toy' advert he sees he announces 'I want one of those for my birthday'. That's EVERY advert for a boys toy. His birthday is April.

Any 'girl toy' he sees he announces ' that's for your birthday' to his sister. EVERY girlie toy.

Looking forward to the day he learns how to prioritise / choose a favourite & stick to it for 30 secs....

L

xxx