Sign in to follow this  
dorsetmummy

well

Sophie has been excluded from school. i collected herat lunchtime and they asked me not to take her in next week.. The head asked me if i can collect the paperword and some work for her on monday morning. I have to go to the infants school next door anyway to take alex to school.

Its not such a shock really, but it hasnt stopped be crying my eyes out.

Julie

p.s. she is so calm and quiet at the moment, a complete differenmt child.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Dorsetmummy

I wish there was something I could say, this is the 2nd permanent exclusion of one of the boards children in as many days ... whats going on!!!! :angry:

I am sure someone will be along very soon with some sound advice, thinking of you HHxx

thankyou, i cant stop criying. and ive got to go and collect alex from school in a bit, and i have sophie with me of course and people will ask her whys she not at school.

not sure i can face it.

julie

DM another >:D<<'> for you to take to school, try and hold your head high, its not your fault and no-one has the right to judge you or your child. Keep strong.

HHxx

:( Julie so sorry >:D<<'> , hope it goes o.k. at school pick up.Stay strong.This is the 2nd exclusion in 2 days.Fiorelli,s post details her sons problems.Hope a solution and help is forthcoming for Sophie, take care Suzex >:D<<'>

Sophie has been excluded from school. i collected herat lunchtime and they asked me not to take her in next week.. The head asked me if i can collect the paperword and some work for her on monday morning. I have to go to the infants school next door anyway to take alex to school.

Its not such a shock really, but it hasnt stopped be crying my eyes out.

Julie

p.s. she is so calm and quiet at the moment, a complete differenmt child.

Julie, I know it sounds horrible, but 'Join the Club!'

Is it a permanent exclusion or just a fixed term exclusion?

The guys on here have been a great support to me yesterday and today. I'm sure they will be for you too.

lots of >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> for you, as I know that it feels horrible.

Luv June xx

Julie >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

What is it with these exclusions, if they think they are punishing a child with ASD by excluding them, then I think they ought to think again, I would imagine it would actually be more of a reward for the child. :wacko:

Unless on the otherhand it is to get at the parents. :wallbash:

If my child was excluded from school he would not have a clue 'why' (not that he is at school anymore, home ed).

I think all this is totally outrageous !!

Take care

Brook >:D<<'>

Awww DM >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I cried every day for a year and then gave up work. I do know how difficult it all is, even though my son has never been excluded. (Feel a bit mean about my LOL on that thread now).

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> Julie >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I know it no consolation but, when I was at school hardly anybody got an exclusion. Nowadays they seem to be part of the norm.

Hold your head up.

Annie

>:D<<'>

>:D<<'> Can't add much more than the others have said apart from I find it shocking how often children are discriminated against because of their disability. I know I would be complaining immediately. This happens far too often.

Try not to get too upset about it, it's obvious that the school is the failure and not you or your child. My son was regularly getting sent home from school when he became violent as there was nothing else they can do, but there has never been any suggestion of exclusion since his diagnosis. I think this is what makes all the difference.

Callum has a 1 to 1 support teacher all day long in school and she can take him out of the class and do work with him if it gets too much for him. He has a thermometer chart which he uses to say how angry or upset he is at any point in time. Any school which excludes an ASD child needs some serious complaining about!! Local coucil, Paediatrician, LEA, school itself, OFSTED etc etc.

Is your child statemented? If she is then all of the relevant authorities need to be asking what the school is using the money for if not to support your ASD child and give her the education she is entitled to, if she needs more help than the level of statement gives then it needs to be reviewed. To be expelling a child with an ASD is just going to have 0 effect on her, what she will need is an appropriate level of support from school and other support agencies. Don't take this lying down, give them hell and let them know IT'S NOT RIGHT.

Take care

Malc

Julie, >:D<<'>

I'm so sorry. The system has failed your child. Schools exclude pupils for many reasons but it's never the answer.

Stay strong.

Nellie >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Dorset Mum - PM me your phone number and I will give you a ring tomorrow

HelenL

sorry should have added - not possible to talk discretely to you today as family membersa re about

Edited by helenl53

This can't be easy for you. Can't really say much to help without knowing more about why the exclusion was given in the first place. Exclusion rates of children with SEN do run at a higher rate than for the NT peers (I have the figures somewhere). Generally I believe this is due to the schools failure to cope in many cases rather than soley due to the actions of the child. If you want to fight this - or just check the legality of it, firstly have a look through the illegal exclusions thread on the top of this page and see if any of it applies.

Guest flutter

cant say anything helpfull sorry

but have some of these

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

stay strong

sorry to hear this :(

it is mad how they think it's going to upset a young child to send it home to be with the one peron (2 ppl) in the world he/she can trust!! :wallbash:

they got everything back to front, i know for my son the more he got excluded the worse he got....i swear he just told himself that "if i do this i can go home in a minute"

well probably not but you never know!! LOL

anyway, hold your head up, forget other people & their opinions & you'd be surprised how many people dont really care why they are out of school anyway!!

>:D<<'>

Hi Julie

What can any of us say.

It makes me so mad, why has nothing been point in place for your daughter, they see she has problems but do nothing till things go pear shaped. Its the system that makes me mad, all paper work before anything is done, this does not help our children.

I live in dorset myself, my daughters school is not to bad, but the last school was a nightmare.

I don't know to much about your childs history, but it does help when you get the backing of Profesionals. it took me ages to get the support for my daughter.

hope you get some help soon

Nikrix x