Sign in to follow this  
Lynden

Little Proud Mummy Post

Logan (2 and 3 months) took his first two steps last night!!! :clap::clap: He has hypotonia along with being autistic so its taken him a lot of work to get this far. Its only two steps but its a big start!! Had me blubbing last night. With that and his first sign a fortnight ago it really feels like he is making progress. Oh - and he now gives me (just me) proper cuddles instead of just putting his head against me :-)

Downside is that he's headbanging a lot more again, and is biting - just me!

But for the moment the good bits outweigh the bad!!

Lynne x

:thumbs: Well done Logan and to you for being patient with him. I remember crying every time I mentioned my son had took his first steps for about a week (he was also over 2 when he first walked)

Brilliant, bet your so proud, isn't it just great these achievements, its so much harder for our kids, so when they do achieve, its all the better.

About getting bitten and things, I remember someone once said to me, though its hard, it means they trust you enough and love you enough to show you how they feel, its their method of communication. That made me feel better.

Jo

:thumbs:

Well done Logan B) , on the biting subject, my son did this and mouthed objects a lot.We found a soft snuggly sheet helped.He rubbed it over his face and would mouth and chew it, .........I found my sons biting was done as more of a sign of affection , so using this sheet helped.He did carry it everywhere though and of course slept with it till he was at least 6.This won,t work I spose if your son is biting out of anger :unsure: .

Well done :thumbs: Logan :thumbs: every progress is a step forward and make mother proud >:D<<'> >:D<<'> , there are plenty more to come...... for sure.

Take care. :)

Malika.