Sign in to follow this  
Clarkie

Good shock

Firstly, thank you everyone for all your help and support - especially Bid, Kathryn and HH.

We think it's all going to be alright. :dance::dance::dance:

Had the big meeting - everyone showed, everyone agreed that mainstream education will not suit our child, everyone agreed a special residential school, everyone agreed there are no schools in county that meet his needs - everyone agreed everything! The school minuted the meeting - there was nothing negative.

We wrote the name of the school on the form we had to send back to county today and gave it to the statementing officer.

The minutes are being typed up today and faxed over to county today. The statementing officer will then put it in front of the emergency panel meeting on Tuesday. Social Services report will go to panel also on Tuesday. They are going for tri-partiate funding. So we should have a decision next Tuesday on whether he can attend the school of our choice.

Of course, the LEA could say NO - but with the evidence and minutes stating that county schools cannot meet his needs - they would be causing themselves a lot of bother. We will just have to sit the week out and keep praying, but so far.....so good.

Am I being lulled into a false sense of security - I don't know. Will post the wording from the minutes when I receive them....

but until then

thanks people

we couldn't have done this without you.

Luv Clarkie

Edited by Clarkie

:groupwave::groupwave::groupwave::groupwave:

FAB FAB AND MORE FAB

Well done to you Clarkie, I know you have worked really hard for this, try and take a breather now and wait for those minutes, I bet they make interesting reading.

When we first moved back to Devon they insisted that the majority of children with ASD are educated at mainstream schools. This is more evidence that they aren't, why is there not more support here I don't know, they spend 100 million on new schools in Exeter but nothing on appropriate provision for children like ours. DCC watch your back, I am on to you, and I won't let this rest!

Great news for you and R, I'm made up for you all, hopefully now you can enjoy your family again.

HHxx

Wow!! :dance::dance::thumbs::thumbs:

That is so brilliant :thumbs:

Be prepared, because things could happen quickly...my son started at your named school this week last year...so they may decide it would be good for R to start as soon as possible!

If he does start before Christmas, I'll see you at the Carol Concert!

Well done, you all deserve this >:D<<'> >:D<<'> :tearful:

Bid :)

Fantastic news. It looks as if everyone has finally realised what needs to be done.

He is very lucky to have you working so well on your behalf.

Fingers and Toes crossed for Tuesday! I will be thinking of you and waiting anxiously for you to post an update!

Simon

>:D<<'> :dance: Congratulations, I'm glad all your hard work has paid off and I hope it all works out for you both. Fingers crossed the funding is agreed Tuesday.

That's fantastic. Takes something to get all parties to agree on something, even if it is the fact that they can't actually meet the needs of your son. I reckon you can count on around a thousand fingers being crossed for you for ratification of todays meeting going ahead next week.

Yes!

:D:thumbs::clap::crying:

You've made my day - will continue to keep everything crossed till you have it in black and white.

Well done you!

love

K x