Sign in to follow this  
DAS999

Time Wasting

Hi. Have read and added to a topic in general about AS being mind and I have started getting myself worked up (can't sleep). I feel like I am a time waster. I am new to the whole AS/ASD thing as my girldfriend was only diagnosed a few months ago so my understanding is lacking but this topic has made me feel like I am wasting doctors time and wasting the time of people on hear with "real" autistic kids. Please could someone let me know if I am a time waster? I added to the topic but now I'm not sure if I should have and I am just confused (having a meltdown of my own)

Sorry

DAS

Edited by DAS999

DAS

Of course not! I and I'm sure many other people here are delighted that you are on here. You have taken on a difficult role - I'm sure many people in your position would have cut and run at the first upset. Your input is invaluable.

STAY

A

ps Over the past year I've been on here, I've thought the same many times. I 'lurked' for months before posting as I didn't think I belonged here. Now, I realise that anyone with something to offer belongs here.... I have found the site invaluable and I value your contributions as someone who has contact with, and an understanding of an adult with AS.

Edited by D's Mum

You are not a time waster.

If you read the topic again tomorrow when you have has a chance to reflect you will see that the most posts in the thread are arguing against the idea that Aspergers is very very mild.

Your GF's problems are very real and she deserves support.

Please keep posting!

Simon

DAS, >:D<<'>

You are NOT a time waster.

You come on here seeking advice and help for your partner, also you make valuable contributions to threads, ie.. the one in question.

Everyone has their own opinions on things, and I personally admire your genuine commitment to your partner. >:D<<'>

Brook :)

Thanks. I am feeling lots better now. This is an excellent site and a very valuable one (more info and support hear than the supposid proffesional doctors).

Thanks again for every thing, support and knowledge.

>:D<<'>

Das every time i read your posts you come across as kind and genuine and your girlfriend is a lucky girl to have such a caring,concerned boyfriend,that post really annoyed me as well,i felt like it was trying to take away the distress indias condition causes me and my family and others with AS,but then you have to let it go because someone somewhere will always try and belittle your situation,you keep doing your best by being informed about your girlfriends condition,your certainly not wasting anyones time. >:D<<'>

You are not a time waster and you sound like a gret guy committed and supportive to your girlfriend who appears from your posts to need help and support.Everyone on the spectrum is different but I would suggest everyone is welcome here whatever the severity or non severity of their case.Please keep posting.Your doing a great job. B)

I think reading your posts is invaluable as I for one was worried about my son's future ,whether he would get married,have relationships etc. It's good to see you sticking with your girlfriend despite the problems and working through them.

Keep posting

:)

You are not wasting anyone's time. Your girlfriend has genuine difficulties, and has the right to have them recognised, and has the right to support which will help her to cope with them. You have difficulties and frustrations in your relationship with her, and in being a support to her, because of her difficulties, and you have the right to friendship, support and advice on these difficulties. Just because she can speak and function on many levels that other people cannot, does not mean that these difficulties are any less real.

Das - you're just gorgeous - to come on here and want to work through your GF's problems and learn how to deal with them is just lovely.

If there were more people out there willing to understand the issues that AS presents - the world would be a lot better for all Aspies.

Keep posting - and ignore that wretched thread about mild, mild AS - dunno what that was about - just someone stirring I feel.

Daisy

DAS,

It's great to see that you are still here. I think you can see from everybody's replies that none of us feel that you are a time-waster.

You sound like a lovely, caring man.

Annie

Hi Das :D

I too feel that I should not be here mainly because I usually have nothing constructive to say and mostly read rather than comment. (my son is 12 and has aspergers?)

Although I have read most of your threads and I find them helpful and very interesting.

As someone else said earlier you must be one hell of a guy to stay and support your girlfriend a lot of people would have run a mile :thumbs:

Your all amazing. I feel like this is my second home. Thank you all so so much for all the help and support. I try to return the favour but sometimes I feel I fail but I WILL get there.

Thank you all again.

Das, not a time waster, not ever. You come across as someone who always tries to do his best for the one he loves. If you need a bit of help from time to time with her AS, or a place to moan when life gets rough, or just a chat....here seems like a good place to come.

Just to add if there were more people like you about who held up their hands and said I know nothing about A.S. but I want to learn and be supportive then the world would be a far better place.There is so much ignorance about ASD it's untrue.

I fully admit I don't know everything which is why I come on here to learn and understand.

Das you have my upmost admiration for your love and support for your girlfriend and your willingness to learn and your acceptance for what she is. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

das

You really care and look out for your girlfriend,you are not a time waster do not think that.Thats one of the reasons that i didnt persue for my sons dx earlier as i was told that, not in so many words and i wish i had just gone along with my instinct instead of waiting so long.As the others have said keep posting there s always someone hear to give you advice.The most knowledge i have gained as been from this forum and others like it they all do a brilliant job.

lynn

DAS, anyone who cares about someone enough to seek out help, answers, and support could never come close to being a time waster in my eyes.

Take care

Lauren

DAS, timewasters are the ones who come on to stir up contention deliberately then sit back and watch. Unfortunately for the person who posted on the other thread (it now appears they were the true time waster as they have "disappeared") the stirring up and causing ill feeling has not happened. Yes, the people on here don't agree, all the time, have different lives and viewpoints, but from looking on here it is apparent that all can read and learn and maybe change their viewpoint, maybe not .

And one who wants to come and learn and read or maybe just lurk has always been made welcome, myself included. No, DAS, you're not a timewaster. Love Kat

Thank you all for your replies. This site is amazing and I owe it so much for getting me through this hard time. As my knowledge builds I hope I will be able to offer others help and support.

Thanks again to all who have replied and made me feel so at home and a thank you in general to everyone who uses this site for allowing me to read their stories and build a bigger picture about ASD and the effects it has on peoples lives, not just those diagnosed with it but also those of the family and friends affected.