Sign in to follow this  
Jill

Hi

I'm Jill, I have a son who will be 4 in January and was dx as ASD in Sept this year.

I registered on this site some time ago but then never read it, I'd registered almost immediately after getting a dx and then didn't feel like I could post / read anything at that point - needed a bit of time.

When I felt a bit better, I found another other forum and have posted there up to now (and I reckon I recognise a few of you on here from that one - hello!). When I got the email about this site moving tho, I came onto it to have a look.

I then judged it by reading just one thread and I want to apologise for that. I've now read through other threads and realised that the one I read first was NOT representative of people who post here.

You'd think I'd know better about making such snap judgements wouldn't you?

All I can say in my defence is that I am new to all this ASD mullarky and The Boy has been waking up several times in the night recently with his cough blessim, so I am feeling a bit light headed as if I've been on a massive bender (which unfortunately I haven't)

Anyway, I hope you can forgive me for being such a git & I will promise to try harder!

:( ....hi jill don,t feel sad were all in the same boat and understand some days and weeks are worse than others. :P ...........hope you stay around, this is a great site to off load on and there are some very experienced people on here who offer great advice.The time after a diagnosis can be a very hard one ,hope you,ve got some support.Suzex.

Hi Jill,...welcome! Zemanski is right! The forum is a friendly and supportive place,...with only the occasional locking of horns! Be assured that this is an actively moderated forum though!

Kindest regards,

Elefan

Hi Jill -

Well what a great result the NEW IMPROVED forum... If it hadn't have been for the upgrade, you wouldn't have got the e-mail and you'd have gone on thinking badly of us! Glad to have you (BACK) onboard...

As everyone's said, this forum is for the most part a really friendly, supportive place. No doubt about it, though, the main subject matter is emotive stuff, and with the best will in the world there's always going to be the occassional bump in the road. Why I have been known to mount my high horse myself on occassion ;) (though it's odds on that if that original thread you saw involved me it would have been around the time the mystery hacker gained access to my avatar and PP!)

Look forward to seeing more of you around here, and i hope the sleep deprivation ends soon... I know all too well that non-alcohol related hangover you describe!

L&P

BD :D

Welcome back Jill, if it hadn't been for this forum and the support here I would never have managed to complete my son's DLA form and sometimes I would have floundered in a sea of depression.

Come on here for a laugh, or a rant or even just a browse. We're all here for you. >:D<<'>

Daisy

Hi Jill. I recognise you!! :clap: Recognise me?? (ok, different username but check out the siggy! LOL)

Welcome to the forum, it's great here and just like the 'other', has great people who are sooo caring, understanding and full of good advice. :thumbs:

Hi Jill,

Welcome back. I think we just about do every emotion here :(:lol::crying::angry::wallbash::tearful::wacko::unsure::rolleyes::tearful: But we usually get back to :wub: in the end.

It really is a great place for support and information.

Carole

Hi Jill. I recognise you!! :clap: Recognise me?? (ok, different username but check out the siggy! LOL)

How could I not recognise you!!! It's the subtle decorations on your postings that give you away ........

Hi Jill,

You are amongst friends here, everyone knows what you're going through.

The said locking of horns it's so rare that everyone knows exactly which thread you are talking about which proves really that it hardly ever happens. We are such a cheery bunch and at this point full of mulled wine!!!!

Have you checked the 'forum christmas party' yet??? Boy there's some sights in there at the moment. They've all been on the sauce since late morning and the tables are creaking under the strain of bodies gyrating to Agadoo! :lol:

Now, where's that photocopier............ :whistle: