Sign in to follow this  
phasmid

Did your letter box rattle with this today?

A letter of confirmation of winter fuel rebate has just dropped through my letterbox saying cheques will follow!!!! :dance: Hope as many of you as possible got in on this and get a letter to the same effect. Way to go British Gas! (Shame it was kept a big secret - well till Martin got hold of it, it was)

Well I wish I'd got the name of the person Ispoke to at London Energy as the 4 advisors don't know why she said they do a winter fuel rebate. I think I might switch to British Gas

Edited by lil_me

my sister is with scottish power and she had a phone call from them saying that all the gs companys are doing this rebate as part of some goverment scheme,they are sending her out an info pack,so hopefully we should all be able to get some sort of rebate.

Yes i got my letter this morning!! ?60 rebate in total. Thanks again for the info Phas, and Martin!

Phas, we are with some other obscure company that hubby saw fit to sign up with but I told my parents about it and if their ###### phone was working I would know if they got a letter or not. :wallbash:

Viper.

just got a call from BG - we're getting ?30 off, we thought they wouldn't give it as we couldn't get through at all and left a message on another number but they took the details today, apparently it's fine because we left the message before the time limit

Thanks Phas

Zemanski

Yes we got our letter too - although I am having difficulty focusing on it having been up ALL night with the three stoogies AKA my sons.

This flu is dreadful :sick:

Thanks Phas a little ray of sunshine on an otherwise grey day.

Carole

Edited by carole

I got a letter from BG this morning but an't openned it yet as just come home and shattered. Been to the hospital for T's Pead appointment since 8.30am this morning and I just wanna chill now! LOL Will open later.

Phas, it's been down now sinse the 31st. I rung theur MP and he got back today saying the same as me, they wont give him any info cos he's not them if you know what I mean. Data protection act and all that.

I'm working on it though. News papers are my next stop.

Viper.

I just got off the phone with Scottish Power and they are NOT offering any kind of rebate whatsoever :(

The line I was given was that, "Scottish Power are approximately ?40 a year cheaper than British Gas so they wouldn't be offering a rebate"

With all those different kinds of pricing structures and the units they measure the stuff in who is REALLY going to know if they are cheaper or not! They just try and bamboozle you!

What a cop out :unsure:

I just got off the phone with Scottish Power and they are NOT offering any kind of rebate whatsoever :(

The line I was given was that, "Scottish Power are approximately ?40 a year cheaper than British Gas so they wouldn't be offering a rebate"

With all those different kinds of pricing structures and the units they measure the stuff in who is REALLY going to know if they are cheaper or not! They just try and bamboozle you!

What a cop out :unsure:

but they actually phoned my sister yesterday saying they are so thats very strange.

I'm really pleased. I like to have it there in front of me in black and white before I really believe it. Now all I have to do is persuade Mrs P to let me put it towards my computer fund (There'll be NO CHANCE!...I can dream can't I?).

I shall go and say a thank you again on the MSE site later, if they hadn't passed the tip on I'd never have been able to tell you lot! Big thanks due to them.

Phasmid,

Is your central heating gas? It's strange it went on the blink after you told the world about this offer. :P

Hope you managed to get it fixed.

we just changed to seaboard energy which is an online company so gawd knows if theyre rebating or not lol

Funnily enough Nellie it is gas...perhaps BG figured out who I am and nobbled me for sending you lot there way...lol! It was fixed yesterday. Daft thing is there is a blooming great plumbing warehouse just up the road and they stock the flipping things.

QUOTE(invent 10 things b4 breakfast @ Jan 5 2006, 02:27 PM)

I just got off the phone with Scottish Power and they are NOT offering any kind of rebate whatsoever

What a cop out

but they actually phoned my sister yesterday saying they are so thats very strange.

I've just emailed them to find out where they are standing on this, we'll see what they've got to say.

i DID GET A LETTER BUT IT READ AS IF IT WOULD BE 20 THIS YEAR AND 20 NEXT YEAR WHICH i DONT UNDERSTAND?

They just phoned me, and said it was ?20 in January and ?20 in April but because they hadn't actioned my request before the Janaury cut-off date for payments we would get the full ?40 in April.

Just to let anybody know that had left a message with British Gas the other day (I did too, but got through to somebody in the end). They have just called me back, the lady said that they have a bit of a back-log of messages, but are getting through them.

My sister rang last week as she is with British Gas, they told her 'Sorry its only some people in some areas can have it and only if they got letter' This sounds like a pile of poo to me !!

Hi all i received my rebate letter yesterday (thanks Phas) the extended time is until the end of january i was told by a nice lady on the phone who also sent me a form to fill out and the gas company check to see if you are getting all the benefits you are entitled to, also what i wasnt aware of is that if you have DLA or any other benefit you are also entitled to FREE wall and loft insulation. Thanks again Phas :dance:

jayne xx

Emum the rebate comes over two quarters, current one (runs till end of Jan) and next one (Feb - Apr), therefore last years and this years rebates - at least that's my reading of it.

Lil_me: fully working operative - Akward Squad! Go get 'em girl!!!