Sign in to follow this  
mum22boys

Lost it today

Hi all,

M had a major tantrum in Tesco today. He was then observed by every old person going. the younger shoppers just ignored but the elder ones well they know best don't they!! :wallbash:

He had been shouting and laying on the floor kicking for over 20 mins and everyone could hear him. one elderly man paid for his shopping, walked up to us and said to M ' I've never seen such a cry baby'. I was furious I called after him, he looked back and i said ' Excuse me, he is autistic and he can't help it, is that ok with you?' He turned and walked off. i must admit I did shout rather load and could be heard by the whole of Tescos. Did get a very positive response by a member of their staff though who left her till to give me support.

i can not believe I have had to face up to these small minded elder people who think they know best.

mum22boys

well done

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> well done you. :clap: I would have done the same as you! but yes most old people just don't understand and sometimes don't realise what autism is.

I carry some What is Autism leaflets I got from the NAS for situations just like this. Nearly fed a few people them :whistle: not well know for being nice when I loose my temper .

And I am very pleased to hear the girl tried to help who was on the till, some places are getting better for this :D Might be worth putting a little letter of thanks in if you have time to the managers, praise for such efforts doesn't happen often enough.

If i am in a supermarket and a child is having a temoer tantrum and anyone makes an offensive remark i give them a mouthful if it is my child or a complete strangers :oops:

But then I've been there and i am well aware that things are not always what they seem.It may well be the child has difficulties and is not just showing off.

Good on you :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

...........well these artistic types do have a tendancy to be over emotional :lol::lol:

And VERY WELL DONE YOU :clap::clap::clap: and well done to Tesco staff member too for showing reputable customer service skills.

Stressed out mum.

It had more to do with anger than guts believe me. I could only take so many disapproving glares from the older generation, most stood and almost formed a crowd to watch. I understand they are probably ignorant of the facts but I am sure they were taught as children not to stare!! After 20 minutes i was sick of the whispers etc so when the man actually said something I snapped. I must admit i broke down crying afterwards. I would however do it again if I am confronted by narrow minded people and next time i might just add a bit more!!

Lets hope it's not today!

mum22boys

Hi,

Well done for standing up to the ignorant old fool!

Up until recently i've always kept quiet if anyone makes "comments" about Kai, but i've HAD ENOUGH of it, so i let rip now :ninja:

Loulou x

Hi

What a star !! I felt like loosing it with a guy on the phone earlier. I have finally had broadband installed (which is great), but whilst finalising the details with my ISP Kieran decided to throw a major paddy all because he was getting killed on sonic the hedgehog. Now normally when this happens i usually save the peace and get thim through to the next level, but tonight as i say i was on the phone trying to set up the broadband (technical help) I was halfway through explaining my code thingy when K went off on one. Hubby did his best, but he doesnt know how to stop sonic getting murdered by eggman, so there was shouts of "DO IT MAMMMMMMMMMMMM" and all the while im trying to hear over the noise to what the guy was saying,

I could't go into another room, as i needed the computer (with the number on the screen) and Kieran wouldnt shut up. I had to ask the guy to hold on then go to kieran, and explain that i would kill eggman and realise sonic from Rouge's evil grasp just as soon as i was done with the guy on the phone who is helping me set the internet so we can find pictures of sonic.

When i got back to the phone the guy had seemed to have lost his 'patter' and was quiet blunt about having to scream over the noise just to do his job, i apologised and i tried to finish off this damn code but kieran started again as another level proved fruteless. i eventually got it sorted, but boy did i have a headache. it wasnt until i sat down later that i thought about what that guy had said, i have so many answers NOW but at the time i was gobsmacked and could only appologise (what's that all about??)

So well done for standing up to todays ignorant society ................. I salute you. :notworthy:

Shaz

x

I felt like loosing it with a guy on the phone earlier. I have finally had broadband installed (which is great), but whilst finalising the details with my ISP Kieran decided to throw a major paddy all because he was getting killed on sonic the hedgehog. Now normally when this happens i usually save the peace and get thim through to the next level, but tonight as i say i was on the phone trying to set up the broadband (technical help) I was halfway through explaining my code thingy when K went off on one. Hubby did his best, but he doesnt know how to stop sonic getting murdered by eggman, so there was shouts of "DO IT MAMMMMMMMMMMMM" and all the while im trying to hear over the noise to what the guy was saying,

I could't go into another room, as i needed the computer (with the number on the screen) and Kieran wouldnt shut up. I had to ask the guy to hold on then go to kieran, and explain that i would kill eggman and realise sonic from Rouge's evil grasp just as soon as i was done with the guy on the phone who is helping me set the internet so we can find pictures of sonic.

This is SO like our household it's uncanny! :o

DH is absolutely useless on games etc and 'Mummy' always has to sort it out and kill the baddies or whatever. It's like the world has ended and nothing is ever going to be the same ever again when J is struggling with a level on the PS games ... he throws himself round the floor, screams and cries and reacts OTT with a vengeance! :o:o

I'm glad it's not just us! :D